Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Well before this year many people on here were saying raptors only had one true All-Star(Kyle Lowry). When Casey's team won 48 wins they only had one All-star as well. Also our two All-Stars only became All-stars under Casey.
    so by your logic Scola must be a very good PF. Because we won 56 games last year. He was our starter. We should not be able to say anything bad or critique poor Scola because... We won 56 games last year.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      so by your logic Scola must be a very good PF. Because we won 56 games last year. He was our starter. We should not be able to say anything bad or critique poor Scola because... We won 56 games last year.
      How did you get that from what I said? I said that Casey didn't always have two All-Stars. He actually helped develop two players that no one thought would be All-Star into potential perrenial All-stars. Where does Scola come in?

You can critique Casey or Scola all you want. I just don't understand why Steven is seen as a better coach than Casey.
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jul 13, 2016, 06:22 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        If we got a 2nd year it would have been a player option (just like Biyombo), no way in hell his agent let him take anything less. He's already taking a bit of a haircut to walk into a great situation where he's on a ECF team that just took a nobody (Biyombo) from $3M per year to $18M per year in one season.
        Biz got that big pay raise because of what he did in the playoffs, this ain't no cake walk, if Sully wants that big pay bump he best be in the gym today shading the pounds and being on a different diet. Partly why he accepted such a low bargain offer was because he was terrible in the playoffs.

Comment

How did you get that from what I said? I said that Casey didn't always have two All-Stars. He actually helped develop two players that no one thought would be All-Star into potential perrenial All-stars. Where does Scola come in?

You can critique Casey or Scola all you want. I just don't understand why Steven is seen as a better coach than Casey.
          Yeah, I probably shouldn't have quoted this specific post of yours. I did mean to reply to you tho. I just have felt that the defence of Casey is that he won 56 games, or whatever, so he is beyond critique somehow.

I also would not have characterized it as others have. I think Dwane is directly responsible for Demar being an all star. We can argue about Kyle. I think he would have been an allstar elsewhere, in the east. But Dwane has had a good TEAM to work with. Much better than Stevens. And that includes JV.

I guess it comes down to watching games. Of course some of it is opinion. I happen to think I have an educated opinion. I think Brad Stevens is a good coach from watching the Celtics play basketball. Same with Vogel. I think Casey is a bad offensive coach from watching his team play basketball. Vogel's offense played sooo much better against us, way better ball movement and execution than us. We had a much better team and almost lost. Casey was the coach. His offense: ISO ball. Ride or die. Empty clips. Rat ball. And no matter how efficient JV was compares to the inefficient guard duo no prioritizing Getting the ball in to JV.

I would have loved for us to hire Vogel

Comment

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have quoted this specific post of yours. I did mean to reply to you tho. I just have felt that the defence of Casey is that he won 56 games, or whatever, so he is beyond critique somehow.

I also would not have characterized it as others have. I think Dwane is directly responsible for Demar being an all star. We can argue about Kyle. I think he would have been an allstar elsewhere, in the east. But Dwane has had a good TEAM to work with. Much better than Stevens. And that includes JV.

I guess it comes down to watching games. Of course some of it is opinion. I happen to think I have an educated opinion. I think Brad Stevens is a good coach from watching the Celtics play basketball. Same with Vogel. I think Casey is a bad offensive coach from watching his team play basketball. Vogel's offense played sooo much better against us, way better ball movement and execution than us. We had a much better team and almost lost. Casey was the coach. His offense: ISO ball. Ride or die. Empty clips. Rat ball. And no matter how efficient JV was compares to the inefficient guard duo no prioritizing Getting the ball in to JV.

I would have loved for us to hire Vogel
            It seems like you and many here care more about the style we play than the actual outcome. In every series Raptors played this playoffs they never once had the best player. I don't know about you but, the way PG and Wade were playing they would of pushed anyone not named Cleveland.

I think the team Boston had this year was better than the Raptor team that won 48 games.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It seems like you and many here care more about the style we play than the actual outcome. In every series Raptors played this playoffs they never once had the best player. I don't know about you but, the way PG and Wade were playing they would of pushed anyone not named Cleveland.

I think the team Boston had this year was better than the Raptor team that won 48 games.
              Going into round 1, kyle lowry should have been the best player. Obv pg13 reminded people what he's about. And kyle lowry is definitely supposed to be better than anybody on miami
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Boston this year probably was better roster wise, but they had to deal with some big injuries during the playoffs.

Comment

It seems like you and many here care more about the style we play than the actual outcome.
                  Nope. I'm concerned with the outcome. Of the season and of the playoffs and of our window. I want us to come as close as possible to maximizing and realizing our potential, in the playoffs and during our window. And I want us to do whatever possible to help maximize / realize the team's potential. When we don't or aren't or seem incapable of doing so, it frustrates me.

I Had those concerns all season and the 2 seasons before. The reply during the season would be "we won the game, what are you talking about? Only here would anyone complain about a loss. You must be a hater" ... Or something like that

Then when the games matter the concern of not starting 2pat through the season rears its ugly head. Not involving JV in the offence during the season and all of a sudden your guards can't buy a bucket in the playoffs, Team hasn't practiced any other way, so they have to ride or die. Very inefficient offence. And yeah, sure, not basketball that is easy on the eye (which we can play by the way, efficient and attractive - and I and many others can recognize it when we do. But there is no consistently. At all. And for that I blame the coach that has been here for years.

I'm been concerned that the future outcome wont be as good as it could be if we continue to not move the ball and hit the open man - if we continued to play selfish basketball, if we continued to not involve JV, if we continued to show a baffling lack of imagination and execution out of time outs... sometimes in critical moments of games.

Comment

• Should read complain about a "win"

Comment

Nope. I'm concerned with the outcome. Of the season and of the playoffs and of our window. I want us to come as close as possible to maximizing and realizing our potential, in the playoffs and during our window. And I want us to do whatever possible to help maximize / realize the team's potential. When we don't or aren't or seem incapable of doing so, it frustrates me.

I Had those concerns all season and the 2 seasons before. The reply during the season would be "we won the game, what are you talking about? Only here would anyone complain about a loss. You must be a hater" ... Or something like that

Then when the games matter the concern of not starting 2pat through the season rears its ugly head. Not involving JV in the offence during the season and all of a sudden your guards can't buy a bucket in the playoffs, Team hasn't practiced any other way, so they have to ride or die. Very inefficient offence. And yeah, sure, not basketball that is easy on the eye (which we can play by the way, efficient and attractive - and I and many others can recognize it when we do. But there is no consistently. At all. And for that I blame the coach that has been here for years.

I'm been concerned that the future outcome wont be as good as it could be if we continue to not move the ball and hit the open man - if we continued to play selfish basketball, if we continued to not involve JV, if we continued to show a baffling lack of imagination and execution out of time outs... sometimes in critical moments of games.
                      Raptors started going to JV and than he got hurt. Casey has said they plan on using him more this upcoming year. His usage and touches have gone up every year. He is getting more involved every year. It seem like you and people hear are upset with the fact that it's not at rate you would like. You are not at practise you dont see what Casey and Masai see.

Out of time out plays are overrated. The rankings change every year even though it's the same coach. Also I believe the Raptors were one of the best at out of time out plays.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Anyways back to Sully. If he can come back at 270 I'll be happy. Appereantly he started the year at 282 this season and ended around 300. 270 was his rookie weight.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Okay - fair enough. Over to you. I challenge you to name 20 NBA coaches worse than Dwane Casey.
                          In no particular order...

Sam Mitchell, Randy Whitman, Kurt Rambis, Derek Fishcher, Mike D'Antoni
                          Byron Scott, Jacques Vaughan, Tyronne Corbin, Keith Smart, Vinny Del Negro
                          Fred Hoiberg, Quinn Snyder, Earl Watson, Alvin Gentry, Kenny Atkinson,
                          Nate McMillian, David Fizdale, Monty Williams, Lionel Hollins, Mike Brown,
                          JB Bickerstaff, Kevin O'Neill, Jason Kidd, Mike Woodson, Issiah Thomas

There are countless more names.....Look Casey ain't Popovitch but he is far better than the slangin he gets in this forum...He holds his own....
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 13, 2016, 09:38 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            In no particular order...

Sam Mitchell, Randy Whitman, Kurt Rambis, Derek Fishcher, Mike D'Antoni
                            Byron Scott, Jacques Vaughan, Tyronne Corbin, Keith Smart, Vinny Del Negro
                            Fred Hoiberg, Quinn Snyder, Earl Watson, Alvin Gentry, Kenny Atkinson,
                            Nate McMillian, David Fizdale, Monty Williams, Lionel Hollins, Mike Brown,
                            JB Bickerstaff, Kevin O'Neill, Jason Kidd, Mike Woodson, Issiah Thomas

There are countless more names.....Look Casey ain't Popovitch but he is far better than the slangin he gets in this forum...He holds his own....
                            Wow, wow, WOW!!!!! You listed 9 NBA head coaches, 2 of which just got hired to their first head coaching gig, several of which have never been NBA head coaches, and several that haven't even coached in the NBA for years. If that's Casey's defense, then there is no defense. FYI, everyone in bold is NOT an NBA head coach.

The challenge was to name 20 NBA Head Coaches worse than Casey. Surprised you didn't list your 1st grade YMCA head coach, because that guy sucked!
                            Last edited by Primer; Wed Jul 13, 2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Wow, wow, WOW!!!!! You listed 9 NBA head coaches, 2 of which just got hired to their first head coaching gig, several of which have never been NBA head coaches, and several that haven't even coached in the NBA for years. If that's Casey's defense, then there is no defense. FYI, everyone in bold is NOT an NBA head coach.

The challenge was to name 20 NBA Head Coaches worse than Casey. Surprised you didn't list your 1st grade YMCA head coach, because that guy sucked!
                              and i did name 20 plus NBA Head Coaches.. current and past... ..who are worse than Casey...
                              and there are many many more...
                              just reading that list of pooches kinda hurts the narrative that Casey is a bumbler of epic proportions eh ?

How about David Blatt...Jay Triano... and lest we forget the legendary Darryl Walker ?

Edit....And to clarify...every one of those names listed are or have been NBA head coaches....just not very good ones
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 13, 2016, 10:25 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                and i did name 20 plus NBA Head Coaches.. current and past... ..who are worse than Casey...
                                and there are many many more...
                                just reading that list of pooches kinda hurts the narrative that Casey is a bumbler of epic proportions eh ?

How about David Blatt...Jay Triano... and lest we forget the legendary Darryl Walker ?
                                Lmao the whole point was naming 20 current NBA coaches worse than Casey to prove he's a top 10 coach. Saying Casey is a better coach than Derek Fisher doesn't mean much.

Comment

Working...
                                X