Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Probably not necessary unless you decide to get the "supreme" ones that have pepperoni in them as well. In which case it might not be a bad idea to hedge your bets.

Whiskey is never a bad idea though.
    LOL I think whiskey is low carb.

Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure we have a "health and well-being" thread somewhere in the off topic forum too.
    You ever try deep fried battered lasagna? Sully should avoid that.

Comment

• Early on someone posted about Tony Horton training a football player. Sully could make a big difference in a few months. As someone with a full time job and a toddler, I found time to do P90x. Went from a soft 260 after Christmas to a hard 240 in Spring. I'd recommend it to anyone. And he could do way better than that, given its his job, and he could get a real life trainer instead of DVD's. Thus avoiding feeling like a tit exercising in front of the TV / lap top.

All that said. Sully can be very effective even as a bigger guy. We're almost certainly going to have him for 1 year so we should only really be concerned about how he projects next year - not health / back issues for the rest of his career. I'm quite excited abut picking him up.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
        Early on someone posted about Tony Horton training a football player. Sully could make a big difference in a few months. As someone with a full time job and a toddler, I found time to do P90x. Went from a soft 260 after Christmas to a hard 240 in Spring. I'd recommend it to anyone. And he could do way better than that, given its his job, and he could get a real life trainer instead of DVD's. Thus avoiding feeling like a tit exercising in front of the TV / lap top.

All that said. Sully can be very effective even as a bigger guy. We're almost certainly going to have him for 1 year so we should only really be concerned about how he projects next year - not health / back issues for the rest of his career. I'm quite excited abut picking him up.
        I was the guy who mentioned that. I graduated the program but I wasn't overweight so I can't personally attest to the weight loss. I know after three weeks of super low carb in the first month I wanted to jump off a bridge though. lol

Another good one is Body Beast. I'm actually ten weeks into it now and have see really good gains. It would cause him to lose some fat but being that he's clearly an endomorph he might end up totally jacked by the end of it if he followed the meal planning. It's perfectly fine for him to be 280 if it's mostly muscle. Chances are though for him in particular, he might drop 20-30lbs on a program like that and end up alot stronger in the end. Plus he wouldn't have to do all those damn push up and chin up. There's some but not a lot.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Ah mountain man Mediterranean paleo pizza. Even better. Am I allowed a lighter or do I need to light this with two sticks?

It's now on my to do list. Maybe I could wash it down with drugs and whiskey. I'll just dial 9-1 and wait to hit the last 1 just in case.

I apologize Apollo, I had no idea...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            if you do your own cooking and enjoy eating vegetables, chances are you don't even really need a particularly special diet, in my experience.

everything in moderation, plus minimize sugar, that's basically all i do.
            For most people, if they can get a handle on the insane amount of sugar in their diet, that's enough to drop more than a couple lbs.

For example, over 10% of the mass of coke is sugar, and most juices are worse.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              I apologize Apollo, I had no idea...

I'd like to get a cave close to the ACC but they're so damn expensive. I'd be cave poor.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                For most people, if they can get a handle on the insane amount of sugar in their diet, that's enough to drop more than a couple lbs.

For example, over 10% of the mass of coke is sugar, and most juices are worse.
                I lost 6 pounds in two months just by switching from "regular" coffee to black. Didn't change anything else and I had been 211 for 6 years.

Comment

• While there may be some big defensive concerns with Sullinger, especially next to JV, I'd love it if the Raps ran more post up sets with both on the court.

One thing about both guys: they've never had a viable post big man beside them and it's meant teams can always put their better/stronger post defender on them. If both are out there, few teams can put two guys strong enough to match up with each at the same time. Even Memphis never had the physicality these two could potentially bring....Gasol prefers to face up in the mid range and is not that much of a bully despite his size.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    While there may be some big defensive concerns with Sullinger, especially next to JV, I'd love it if the Raps ran more post up sets with both on the court.

One thing about both guys: they've never had a viable post big man beside them and it's meant teams can always put their better/stronger post defender on them. If both are out there, few teams can put two guys strong enough to match up with each at the same time. Even Memphis never had the physicality these two could potentially bring....Gasol prefers to face up in the mid range and is not that much of a bully despite his size.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    One of the perhaps ancillary benefits of a Sullinger & JV duo is to buttress the Masai vision of having a physical/intimidating presence as a core attribute of Raptor defense. These two should feed off each other. Truly make teams feel it when they go up against the Raps. What remains to be seen is whether Sully improves his weight/speed somewhat and also improved agility in JV. #Dream.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                      hahaha I love how the Sullinger thread naturally turned into the diet thread
                      Sully is desperately reading through all the posts looking for a solution
                      OG is our king

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Good point. Maybe every day is epic meal time at Jared's house.
                        I think I just had a heart attack watching that

Comment

• I think Sully will be in the best shape of his NBA career this year. He's a competitive guy that just got benched in the playoffs. After just averaging a double double against Cleveland the year before.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I'm pretty sure we have a "health and well-being" thread somewhere in the off topic forum too.
                            How about just a cooking thread in general with recipes and stuff?

I cook once a week where I'm staying right now. Made Philly cheese Steaks for dinner tonight. SO GOOD.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I think Sully will be in the best shape of his NBA career this year. He's a competitive guy that just got benched in the playoffs. After just averaging a double double against Cleveland the year before.
                              He's literally got 10s of millions riding on it. And we've got Alex McKechnie, Biosteel, and a starting spot up for grabs.

Having good-Sully as the starting 4 makes us one of the biggest, burliest teams in the league, then ultra-fast off the bench.

We're going to destroy.

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it with Sully. Boston had high hopes for him for a long time too.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X