No announcement yet.

Would you rather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry but I'm tempted to trade him to Philly for the LA pick. Not I knock on Kyle, I just don't see getting past lebron.

Comment

Lowry.

People here talk like he's some old dude. He's not a young guy but he's also not that old. He's 30 years old. The guy still has, IMO 4-5 good years of basketball left in him.

Also, CoJo is nothing more than a backup PG.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lowry for sure.. he's a max player if he does what he did last year all over again. I assume $30M*4 years is what he'll get from Masai.. maybe a bit more depending on what the cap looks like.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          It didn't come down to money. We were going to be able to offer 17-18M per year, there was a deal lined up to shed Ross and one of the prospects (probably BeBe). It came down to him picking the Spurs over us.

And we do NOT project to have ANY cap space next summer. Not if we are keeping Lowry.
          I actually disagree. There was a report that stated that he made his decision based on Duncan. Yes he was leaning towards the Spurs but I think the real kicker was Tim Duncan retiring. He didn't wanna play off the bench and play super reduced minutes. He was talking to us till the bitter end. We had a deal even lined up and ready to go too. At least that is what has been reported. We will never truly know.

As for next summer. Can't we sign another free agent then resign lowry? You are more of the ... Capologist if you will.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            I actually disagree. There was a report that stated that he made his decision based on Duncan. Yes he was leaning towards the Spurs but I think the real kicker was Tim Duncan retiring. He didn't wanna play off the bench and play super reduced minutes. He was talking to us till the bitter end. We had a deal even lined up and ready to go too. At least that is what has been reported. We will never truly know.

As for next summer. Can't we sign another free agent then resign lowry? You are more of the ... Capologist if you will.
            Went over this in another thread, but no. We will not, barring significant roster changes, be a player in FA next summer.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Went over this in another thread, but no. We will not, barring significant roster changes, be a player in FA next summer.
              What are your thoughts on continuity ?

Comment

What are your thoughts on continuity ?
                It is good? Not sure what you mean. I'd rather keep guys than lose them for nothing. But you shouldn't hesitate to upgrade talent in a significant way if that option is available.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Every single quality starting point guard will be making huge money by 2018..so if you want to continue being good we might as well keep our own guy with bird rights and proven chemistry.

I agree with t rex, Lowry was a late bloomer and I see him staying good until 34-35..hes not Mr finesse and athleticism, a lot of his good stuff comes from straight bball iq. As he ages he may have to become more of a distributor than a shot creator, but I don't see all the "little things" he does well (and he does a LOT of little things) going away anytime soon
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Cory Joseph may be the best backup point guard in the league and might be able to start on a few teams out there, but I think that only applies to bad teams. On a good team he's not an NBA starter. You can't be handing max contracts to a backup point guard in the NBA, unless of course your goal is to screw over your franchise for the next 4-5 years. If that's your goal then yea sure, let's give Joseph a max deal.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Not sure people are actually reading the OP.

Where are people getting this idea that the OP wants to give Joseph a MAX contract?

The choice was Lowry on a MAX OR start Joseph and pay to get a Starting PF no?

I would wait and see how Cory Joseph and Delon Wright performs this year before I answer this one. If they improve significantly, then yes, roll with Wright or Joseph starting and get that star/starting PF. If they don't play well enough to consider them as a starting PG, while Lowry keeps up his all-star play, then I would rather pay Lowry whatever he deserves (Max or near Max).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Of course if Lowry is worth giving the max to, and Cojo improves to where he could be starting, then you can trade Lowry for a max (star) PF, if you believe the team is netter with a quality PG rotation and VG (all-star or close to all-star) players at the other 4 starting positions.

Comment

I don't think it can be u understated how important the pg position is in this day and age.

The best teams in 2015 16:
                          Champion cavs: kyrie irving and lebron the point forward god
                          Golden state: steph best shooter ever curry
                          Okc: Russ
                          Toronto: Kyle
                          San antonio: Tony Parker
                          Clippers: chris paul

Most surprising teams
                          Portland: dame Lillard
                          Boston: I Thomas

Moral of the story: a top 10 PG is almost a necessity in 2016, certainly moreso than any single position. I am not comfortable not having kyle lowry at least 2 more years after next.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I don't think it can be u understated how important the pg position is in this day and age.

The best teams in 2015 16:
                            Champion cavs: kyrie irving and lebron the point forward god
                            Golden state: steph best shooter ever curry
                            Okc: Russ
                            Toronto: Kyle
                            San antonio: Tony Parker
                            Clippers: chris paul

Most surprising teams
                            Portland: dame Lillard
                            Boston: I Thomas

Moral of the story: a top 10 PG is almost a necessity in 2016, certainly moreso than any single position. I am not comfortable not having kyle lowry at least 2 more years after next.
                            absolutely its a guards league. I think you keep Lowry unless you have a shot at getting someone else via trade like Westbrook some how...

Comment

This, this and this.
                              Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                              I don't think Masai is going to give a 31 year old a max contract, at least i hope not.
                              McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              Lowry since I don't think Cojo is a starting caliber PG in this league.
                              lowry... and he wont sign for the max.

Comment

Al Horford got a max contract and he's 30. I wouldn't rule that out for Lowry.. especially if he ends up on the all-nba team again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X