This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Keeper League (S7): History Books Updated

Welcome to the seventh season of the Raptors Republic NFL Keeper League.

Invites have been sent out to everyone who participated in the 2015 season. It appears everyone auto-renewed, good!

Important Details

Roster Submission: Aug 5th
    • Submit your rosters in this thread, do not rely on the league page.

Draft Date/Time: Saturday, August 20th @ 12:30PM EST

Trade Deadline: November 13th

Important Rules:
    1. Your Raptors Republic name must be your team name.
    2. The league decides the outcome of all trades. I only ever use veto power if both parties involved request the trade to be cancelled.
    3. Dead teams won't get invited back next season and may be replaced mid-season if a suitable, willing replacement is found.
    4. Initial waiver priority is determined by the outcome of the draft order; top draft pick in round one has the lowest initial waiver priority.
    5. Keepers are to be decided at the end of the season. Each team gets five "keeper tags". A "keeper tag" allows you to mark a specific player on your team to carry over to next season. Maximum of five keepers per team.
    6. For every keeper tag you choose to use you forfeit a draft pick, starting with round one and working back to round five. Special case is for IDP(individual defensive players) as they cost an 8th round pick and work back from there. No one has ever in the five seasons kept an IDP.
    7. Draft order is to be determined based on three aspects:
    • Round one picks 1-4 are drawn randomly among the four teams who miss the playoffs.
    • Round one picks 5-8 are determined by the inverted standings
    • The rest of the draft is snaking format (ie: the team who picks 1st in round one would see his picks as follows: 1, 16, 24, 40, 48, 64, etc.)

FINAL ROSTERS - CLICK HERE

LEAGUE RECORDS
    Year Champion 2nd Place 3rd Place
    2015 Drizz Axel jimmie
    2014 jbml jimmie Apollo
    2013 RaptorsFan4Life Doc Naismith drizz
    2012 Apollo jimmie RaptorsFan4Life
    2011 Apollo jbml Mack North
    2010 Mack North MangoKid Apollo

I keep Bell, Gurley and Newton.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      I keep Bell, Gurley and Newton.
      Awesome trio.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Awesome trio.
        I agree

Sadly I might not be available for the draft as the Aug 20th weekend I am supposed to be in PEI. So my awesome trio might have to be.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

My keepers for now: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Aaron Rodgers and David Johnson

Comment

Keeping:

Julio Jones
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              I agree

Sadly I might not be available for the draft as the Aug 20th weekend I am supposed to be in PEI. So my awesome trio might have to be.
              The draft date is debatable. If everyone is ok with changing it we could move it back a week earlier. That would be August 13th or 14th.

I only put the date up today and I picked the 20th because Dynasty drafts the following weekend and NBA Dynasty has a entry draft a few weeks before(more than likely). We have a couple weeks buffer between those two leagues.

Comment

Announcement: I am pleased to announce the league has chosen a second in command. In the event something comes up and I can't address it, Axel will step in as league commissioner.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Announcement: I am pleased to announce the league has chosen a second in command. In the event something comes up and I can't address it, Axel will step in as league commissioner.
                  Happy to step in as number 2 in command and do absolutely nothing.

Comment

Lotto for the first 4 picks has been completed.

Picking 4th is MangoKid.

Picking 3rd is Apollo.

Picking 2nd is Doc, leaving the top choice in the 7th season NFL Keeper league draft to Ceez.

Comment

Congrats ceez and thank you Axel!

Comment

Keepers:

Antonio Brown
                        Allen Robinson
                        Brandin Cooks

See you in Round 4...
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Announcement: I'm instituting some changes from past seasons:
                            1. IDP is out, Defense/Special teams units are in. This is how your regular fantasy league tends to work. We have IDP in heavy dose in Dynasty already.
                            2. Bench roster size is down from 12 to 9. We're taking away three spots that were there for IDP backups (which almost no one used for IDP backups)

What this will achieve is a league more distinct from Dynasty. It will add depth to the waiver wire and cause teams to have to strategize a little more.

No one seemed to care too much about IDP in this league, in fact I've had people request the switch on multiple occasions over the last six seasons. Also, people (me included) stopped using IDP bench slots for IDP's and so what we were seeing is each team loading up 11 or 12 bench slots with offensive players. This causes a situation where the WW is pretty much picked clean. Nine slots is still a lot more than standard leagues and I'm sure no one will suffer from this.

Sound good?

Scoring settings: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....05243/settings

Comment

Submitted:
                              1. Apollo
                              2. Axel
                              3. ceez
                              4. jimmie

Not submitted:
                              1. Doc
                              2. drizz
                              3. jbml
                              4. Mangokid

Just a reminder that if you don't submit, your rosters pool into the draft and you redraft your whole squad.

2015 final rosters: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo..../53090/rosters

Comment

Working...
                              X