ESPN Eastern conference projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    So, last season they predicted a 5 win drop from the prior year for the Raps and the Raps instead won 7 more games than the prior year.

This season they are predicting a 5 win drop from last year for the Raps and the Raps will instead win 7 more games than last year? 63 wins here we come.
    We will compete with The Warriors for most wins lmao.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
      I agree they have a lot of picks to package to someone rebuilding but with a good player. Could go sideways it Al tears up his chest again. I am really interested to see how Brown dies. No way he starts.
      Lol interested in seeing how Brown dies? :/

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
        I am really interested to see how Brown dies.
        That's kinda morbid
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

At least they still think we're 2nd. So is Horford the first option on Boston now?
          OG is our king

Comment

Sounds about right (from ESPN). I expect we drop a game or two from Casey resting KL and DD and playing a pretty young team overall.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              I actually feel bad for Nets fans
              A lot of those guys were cocky as fuck 3-4 years ago when they thought they were getting Dwight and other stars. I have zero sympathy for them now.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                A lot of those guys were cocky as fuck 3-4 years ago when they thought they were getting Dwight and other stars. I have zero sympathy for them now.
                "fuck brooklyn"

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  Am I the only one who doesn't think Boston is being overrated? lol. Also I think New York makes the playoffs. I don't get why people are so down on them as well. I know the whole injury thing but if they stay relatively healthy and are healthy going into the playoffs I wouldn't want to pay them
                  Melo looks rejuvenated this summer ya never know

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't think Boston is being overrated? lol. Also I think New York makes the playoffs. I don't get why people are so down on them as well. I know the whole injury thing but if they stay relatively healthy and are healthy going into the playoffs I wouldn't want to pay them
                    i don't think they are being over-rated but the idea that they got better and we got worse is wrong to me. we improved our starting 5. the substitution of sullinger for scola is bigger than horford for sullinger.

relatively healthy for rose and noah is like 60 games, and for rose that is pushing it. melo is one bad week of losses away from quitting on the team and getting ready for next year plus they all have to learn how to play with each other. rose and melo are two ball dominators who have to learn to share one ball, while give porzingis touches. i think the knicks make the playoffs but i could also see them just burning up by january.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i don't think they are being over-rated but the idea that they got better and we got worse is wrong to me. we improved our starting 5. the substitution of sullinger for scola is bigger than horford for sullinger.

relatively healthy for rose and noah is like 60 games, and for rose that is pushing it. melo is one bad week of losses away from quitting on the team and getting ready for next year plus they all have to learn how to play with each other. rose and melo are two ball dominators who have to learn to share one ball, while give porzingis touches. i think the knicks make the playoffs but i could also see them just burning up by january.
                      You really think Scola to Sullinger is bigger leap than Sullinger to Horford? I feel a lot of you really underestimate Horford and his talent because of your hate for Boston or something lol. And you're probably right about New York. I see the many negatives but for some reason I'm a little higher on them than most.
                      Last edited by GLF; Tue Jul 26, 2016, 12:26 AM.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

You really think Scola to Sullinger is bigger leap than Sullinger to Horford? I feel a lot of you really underestimate Horford and his talent because of your hate for Boston or something lol. And you're probably right about New York. I see the many negatives but for some reason I'm a little higher on them than most.
                        Sullinger is almost irrelevant to the conversation. Scola was so bad, especially in terms of fit with the players he was stuck beside, but also in terms of his overall play, especially as the year came to a close, that any upgrade from Scola to a passable starter would be a bigger leap than going from a passable starter to Horford. Not much of a difference, but I can definitely see the argument.

Consider his effect on our three top players:

JV: -6 on court net rating with Scola, +16 without
                        DD: -3 NRTG with Scola, +9 without
                        Lowry: -2 NRTG with Scola, +14 without

You think Horford can have an impact like that on his teammates? If all Sully does is break even, that's an insane upgrade from Scola based on those impact numbers.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sullinger is almost irrelevant to the conversation. Scola was so bad, especially in terms of fit with the players he was stuck beside, but also in terms of his overall play, especially as the year came to a close, that any upgrade from Scola to a passable starter would be a bigger leap than going from a passable starter to Horford. Not much of a difference, but I can definitely see the argument.
                          this is my overall point.

Comment

Consider his effect on our three top players:

JV: -6 on court net rating with Scola, +16 without
                            DD: -3 NRTG with Scola, +9 without
                            Lowry: -2 NRTG with Scola, +14 without

You think Horford can have an impact like that on his teammates? If all Sully does is break even, that's an insane upgrade from Scola based on those impact numbers.
                            Damn I didn't realize Scola was THAT bad in terms of his affect on our top 3 players. I knew his play went to shit and he was bad on his own but to see how much it affected our other players is crazy. But doesn't Sullinger bring a lot of the same issues Scola hate? He's slow and unathletic just like Scola, he's a bad defender and we are probably going to have him being used as more of a perimeter scorer for spacing like we did Scola even though neither are efficient perimeter scorers. So don't you think on our team at least he might be just as net negative for us as Scola was? I know he's a lot more talented but if we keep him on the perimeter for the most part and with his bad defense he might not end up being that much better.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Because to me Jared is much worse fit on our team because we are going to play him alongside JV than he was on Boston. JV being an inside post player causes Casey to think that he HAS to make the PF that plays alongside JV a perimeter player. He did it to both Amir and Scola even though neither were known for their shooting ability. Sullinger is the same in the sense that he isn't a great perimeter shooter. So if that's how we end up using him mostly for spacing purposes I can see him being just as bad as Scola or just SLIGHTLY better. Because he isn't going to give you any defense so you have to try to at least us him correctly offensively. And we all know Casey won't be doing that.

Comment

Oh well. I guess that's why we have Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X