Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: ESPN Eastern conference projections

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    So what do we do about it though. Masai has to know that we're possibly even better than last year, but kyle is definitely going to begin decline in the next 12 to 24 months. You could make an arguest we're the 3rd or 4th best team in the league..chances to strike like this don't come around often. This year and next imo is what masai is getting paid the big bucks for. Strike while the irons hot
    The best thing we can do now is try and get home court advantage and hope Derozan and Lowry can play consistently for 7 games.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    So, last season they predicted a 5 win drop from the prior year for the Raps and the Raps instead won 7 more games than the prior year.

This season they are predicting a 5 win drop from last year for the Raps and the Raps will instead win 7 more games than last year? 63 wins here we come.
    63 wins would have been nice. We most likely headed for 45-48 wins as things currently stand. We absolutely need to at least get that #3 seed. I wonder if there is any model that takes into account human factors such as having a stubborn coach who won't adjust?

Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    63 wins would have been nice. We most likely headed for 45-48 wins as things currently stand. We absolutely need to at least get that #3 seed. I wonder if there is any model that takes into account human factors such as having a stubborn coach who won't adjust?
    I think if we have both serge and pat in the lineup we can finish the season on a pretty good run. I wouldn't be shocked to see us finish with 50-52 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe love is not ready until later in the playoffs so it's better to face Cavs in 1st or 2nd Rd. We get a better pick and if we lose, Casey gets fired.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lewro wrote: View Post
    Maybe love is not ready until later in the playoffs so it's better to face Cavs in 1st or 2nd Rd. We get a better pick and if we lose, Casey gets fired.
    Of course multiple rounds of playoff experience is a good thing and we want as much postseason ball as we can get as fans, but in a lot of ways the real question for this spring is if the Raps can do any better vs Cleveland than last year, no matter what round tha happens in.

If they lose to Cleveland in the second round in a really tight 7 game series that could have gone either way, isn't that better than last year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    lol did you really just bump every predictions thread to post your doomsday daydreams?

Two beer away from being two beers away.

7. Like KeonClark, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Of course multiple rounds of playoff experience is a good thing and we want as much postseason ball as we can get as fans, but in a lot of ways the real question for this spring is if the Raps can do any better vs Cleveland than last year, no matter what round tha happens in.

If they lose to Cleveland in the second round in a really tight 7 game series that could have gone either way, isn't that better than last year?
    Depends whether Cavs are full strength to me, that's a caveat next to any potential success. They're only a big 2 without love and jr is hurt too, right? Although Lebron makes a big 1.5-2 on his own. He can go Superman mode when needed.
    I'm really greedy about a high pick and we need to fire Casey at some point so there's positives to a poor record and/or early knock out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information