Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Way Early Pre Season Predictions Thread... who finishes where in the Eastern Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    Dan you REALLY think we can make up that much ground and become 2nd? What would our record and Boston's record have to be these last 25 games for that to happen? Cause it seems a bit unrealistic.
    I posted about it yesterday we dont need Dan's advanced stats for this one lol. (we have since both won a game so 15-11 for Celtics and 19-6 for Raptors apply here)

Celts have 27 games left. Say they go (being generous) 16-11. That means we would have to go 20-6 including beating them in our next matchup. We could go back and forth upon the definition of 'unrealistic', but I'm not gonna attach my cart to that horse
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I posted about it yesterday we dont need Dan's advanced stats for this one lol. (we have since both won a game so 15-11 for Celtics and 19-6 for Raptors apply here)
      Well 15-11 looks very easy to obtain. I don't know their schedule but with the way they're playing that shouldn't be hard. Us going 19 and 6 with the way we've been playing is much tougher to do.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Well 15-11 looks very easy to obtain. I don't know their schedule but with the way they're playing that shouldn't be hard. Us going 19 and 6 with the way we've been playing is much tougher to do.
        Exactly. If they go say 18-8 we're basically screwed.

Boston has to be play just good not great, and we need to play extremely good ie turn our play around overnight. Chances are slim to say the least

Comment

Exactly. If they go say 18-8 we're basically screwed.

Boston has to be play just good not great, and we need to play extremely good ie turn our play around overnight. Chances are slim to say the least
          Yup! Which is why I'm a little confused as to why Dan H seems so positive about us getting 2nd. The worst part is even if we control what we can control and go 19-6 or something like that Boston has to help us out significantly for it to work out for us. Second ain't happening. I say we get 3rd at best. Which sucks because I believe if we get 3rd we will play cleveland in the second round. So say goodbye to the ECFs.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Boston is likely too far ahead, but Washington is definitely catchable. I would predict us finishing 3rd, the back to back against the Wizards will be huge.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Yup! Which is why I'm a little confused as to why Dan H seems so positive about us getting 2nd. The worst part is even if we control what we can control and go 19-6 or something like that Boston has to help us out significantly for it to work out for us. Second ain't happening. I say we get 3rd at best. Which sucks because I believe if we get 3rd we will play cleveland in the second round. So say goodbye to the ECFs.
              3rd place plays winner of 2/7 matchup, so unless Boston catches Cleveland it wouldn't be the Cavs
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

We would not play cleveland. We play the winner of 2 vs 7 If the top 2 teams stay as they are, we'd be the road team in toronto Boston best of 7

Comment

We would not play cleveland. We play the winner of 2 vs 7 If the top 2 teams stay as they are, we'd be the road team in toronto Boston best of 7
                  Oh Okay. Then we HAVE to get third. Because fourth or fifth will have us playing the Cavs in the second round and that cannot happen

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                    Boston is likely too far ahead, but Washington is definitely catchable. I would predict us finishing 3rd, the back to back against the Wizards will be huge.
                    Cavs (59-23)
                    Bost (54-28)
                    Raps (51-31)
                    Wizs (51-31)
                    Atla (48-34)
                    Pacs (42-40)
                    Chic (40-42)
                    Heat (39-43)

This way we avoid Bulls in the first, still win 51+ games
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

The OP was 1st seed iirc. Wed have to go 25-0 and Cavs 18-9.

Comment

Imo the most likely current first round series is raps pacers the sequel

Comment

Imo the most likely current first round series is raps pacers the sequel
                          Agreed. But if Washington continues to play well it's not for sure we even catch them. But at least they aren't as unrealistic as Boston

Comment

Sure, if BOS keeps winning above their heads, it will be very tough to catch them. Same goes for the Raps continuing to play much worse than they are. I don't think either happens, so there's a real chance we catch them. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if we didn't, there is a lot of ground to make up - but a big chunk of our losses will still be due to an injury riddled month and a half, and we'll be the second best team in the East and would win against BOS if we met them in the playoffs.

My point with the 2nd vs 7th comment is that the Raps would have to play pretty badly to fall even further, which seems to me less likely than the Raps playing well and BOS hitting a speed bump.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Sure, if BOS keeps winning above their heads, it will be very tough to catch them. Same goes for the Raps continuing to play much worse than they are. I don't think either happens, so there's a real chance we catch them. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if we didn't, there is a lot of ground to make up - but a big chunk of our losses will still be due to an injury riddled month and a half, and we'll be the second best team in the East and would win against BOS if we met them in the playoffs.

My point with the 2nd vs 7th comment is that the Raps would have to play pretty badly to fall even further, which seems to me less likely than the Raps playing well and BOS hitting a speed bump.
                              Well THAT I agree with. We have a much better chance at being 2nd than 7th for sure. I also agree that even if we don't get the 2nd seed we are the second best team when healthy and should beat Boston if we met them in the playoffs. I also would like to believe most of our struggles is because of the injuries and us being fully healthy will take care of a lot of issues. Time will tell. But at least I finally have something to be excited about and look forward to again. We have to get third though. There is no ECFs this season if we don't get third. Cause I don't see us dropping to 6th or 7th.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                ESPN's BPI, which looks only at numbers and not at hpye or highligh reels, still pegs the Raptors to finish #2 in the East and #6 overall: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...ll-power-index

I think even without my partisan hat on I'd say the Raptors have the second best roster in the East. They definintely haven't been playing as well as Boston, Washington, Miami, or even Atlanta the last few weeks, though.

I'd like to see them finish #2 or #3.
                                Good post. Probably reflects sentiments of most posters.

Comment

Working...
                                X