Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Way Early Pre Season Predictions Thread... who finishes where in the Eastern Conference

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Boo this man!

Why are you so high on BOS, or more specifically, so low on the Raps?
    Not low on Raps but to quote MU " it's tougher to do it again". I expect us to beat Celtics in second round. I expect a few more losses in those close games. Also expect DC to rest KL and DD more prior to playoffs taking into account the choose to participate in Olympics as good citizens. We will still be good.

Raptors Republic All-Star koncept's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Cleveland - hangover doesn't matter when you're this talented
    2. Toronto - continuity, chemistry and internal growth, there's no more doubt where we belong.
    3. Indiana - PG is a superstar and the supporting cast looks good

4. Boston - Acquisitions and growth but not enough to keep up with the top tier

5. Atlanta - Trending down

6. Heat - all depends on bosh and co but 5th seed at their best. Younger talent will take a step forward

7. MIL - Greek freak, Parker and Middleton put together solid year behind a great coach. Eek into the playoffs.

8. NYK - originally had DET but New York has a stroke of luck and remains healthy enough to pull in.

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Celtics' Isaiah Thomas says he ranks among the NBA's elite point guards...
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ce...-point-guards/

Its just going to be so much fun to see the Leprechauns fall well short of their and the espn/cbs media types projections this year...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Aug 18th, 2016 at 03:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Celtics' Isaiah Thomas says he ranks among the NBA's elite point guards...
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ce...-point-guards/

Its just going to be so much fun to see the Leprechauns fall well short of their and the espn/cbs media types projections this year...
    When jv and sullinger each grab 15 boards against them.

5. Like Demographic Shift liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote draps wrote: View Post
    When jv and sullinger each grab 15 boards against them.
    That's one thing nobody factors in. Boston will get destroyed on the glass. They weren't a good rebounding team last year and they replaced there best rebounder in Sully with a bad rebounder in Horford

7. Like Demographic Shift liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    That's one thing nobody factors in. Boston will get destroyed on the glass. They weren't a good rebounding team last year and they replaced there best rebounder in Sully with a bad rebounder in Horford
    Yep...but letting grimy little facts like that and that they ranked 28th in three point percentage and didn't address that either gets in the way of the hype....

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got any views on the over/under of Christmas who team turmoil is this year in the east ?
    Taking bets on:

• Bulls (with Rondo & Wade & Butler) combined with a lot of rookies who won't be able to avoid the shrapnel and a coach who lost last years locker room still walking the sidelines.

• Whiz (have to love Wall and his hate on the floor comments about Beal... I mean.. who says that ? Really)

Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got any views on the over/under of Christmas who team turmoil is this year in the east ?
    Taking bets on:

• Bulls (with Rondo & Wade & Butler) combined with a lot of rookies who won't be able to avoid the shrapnel and a coach who lost last years locker room still walking the sidelines.

• Whiz (have to love Wall and his hate on the floor comments about Beal... I mean.. who says that ? Really)
    Whiz are gonna suck even tho John Wall is a top 5 point guard in the game, probably top 2-3 defensively. I don't like Bradley Beal's arrogance and he is way too injury prone for the contact he got.

I think the Bulls can be decent, with a range of maybe 40-45 wins. Jimmy Butler is a top 5 two way player and probably the best 2 guard in the league. Robin Lopez is a serviceable centre in this league. As bad as they might be offensively, they can be really good defensively if Hoiberg can get control of that locker room. With Dwade there he will have more respect.

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking bets on:

The Knicks would be the most obvious one from where I sit. That mix of players in the NY media spotlight - if things go sideways early on (and that's a real possibility) there will be an airing of dirty laundry in the press on a daily basis.

The other team might be Orlando. Massive pressure there to make the playoffs and they appear to be on outside looking in at the moment. A dark horse might be Milwaukee. How long will Kidd want to stay there is things go off the rails again this year? Could be some drama there.

Raptors Republic Starter 92TillInfinity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with most of the OPs rankings. I think Chicago is going to make some noise though. Too much talent on that team not to at least make the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The Knicks would be the most obvious one from where I sit. That mix of players in the NY media spotlight - if things go sideways early on (and that's a real possibility) there will be an airing of dirty laundry in the press on a daily basis.

The other team might be Orlando. Massive pressure there to make the playoffs and they appear to be on outside looking in at the moment. A dark horse might be Milwaukee. How long will Kidd want to stay there is things go off the rails again this year? Could be some drama there.
    Interesting thoughts..

Orlando with the steady players coach Vogel in charge, could be a surprise and mitigate team turmoil though.. but the possibility exists with an anxious ownership looking to see immediate gain from their spending spree in FA and major trades with OKC and Detroit.

Didn't consider the accelerant Jason Kidd could be for the Bucks. If they sputter past new years .. and with the worst backcourt in the league outside of Philly.. thats quite possible... then the Kidd could quit on the team and they could be right there with the Bulls... Whiz.... Knicks and possibly the Magicians.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 6th, 2016 at 02:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Shocked how many of you are underrating what Detroit did this offseason.

They added a backup PG (Ish Smith), a 4/5 hybrid who can stretch the floor and play D along with another stretch 4(Jon Leuer & Henry Ellenson), added a 3rd C who could get time and even take over as the backup Center (Boban Marjonavic), along with key pieces still in place (Drummond, Jackson, Harris, Montejunas, etc....)

This team is built to contend and has the bench depth unlike Charlotte, Indiana, Milwaukee or Orlando. The Celtics are the media darlings, but watch that change if the Pistons win games.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post

They added a backup PG (Ish Smith), a 4/5 hybrid who can stretch the floor and play D along with another stretch 4(Jon Leuer & Henry Ellenson), added a 3rd C who could get time and even take over as the backup Center (Boban Marjonavic), along with key pieces still in place (Drummond, Jackson, Harris, Montejunas, etc....)

This team is built to contend and has the bench depth unlike Charlotte, Indiana, Milwaukee or Orlando. The Celtics are the media darlings, but watch that change if the Pistons win games.
    You are absolutely right. Detroit is gonna shock people. Not me though. I expect them to be very good
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh. DET squeaked into 8th last season and made a bunch of tiny changes that amount to very little IMO. They'll be middle of the pack in the East, might even have an outside shot at home court, but I can't envision a top 3 finish for them.

Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh. DET squeaked into 8th last season and made a bunch of tiny changes that amount to very little IMO. They'll be middle of the pack in the East, might even have an outside shot at home court, but I can't envision a top 3 finish for them.
    That backup point guard is huge for them. They had no depth last year. An improved stanimal and the Serbian beast Boban really help with that. They could challenge for a 2-3 seed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have them at 5th, yet I could see them getting into the 2nd round easily depending on who they play in the 1st round (Say a team like Indy.)
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland will finish first. And that's really all that matters.

Toronto will probably finish 2nd or 3rd. But it doesn't really matter because they've not in the Cavs league.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post

I had them landing at 5.. quite a few of the other Nostradomus's do as well. Thats a big move up from 8. Detroit is a young team and getting better. They are well constructed and they have Stan the Man Van Gundy walking the sidelines. The ingredients are there in all their various stages.

Can they finish in the top 4 ?

Lots has to go right.

Drummond has to improve his miserable FT% and be a consistent force late in games. Reggie Jackson has to play under control every game. Tobias Harris has to post a yearly average of 20-10. The addition of steady hand Jon Leur helps and if Stanley Johnson keeps progressing and doesn't contract the sophomore jinx they could challenge for 4th or even 3rd... but thats a lot that has to go right to move up from the 5 spot.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 8th, 2016 at 08:53 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In the East I would say :

Knicks: few players on this team think they are a contender. I think they will do OK until January but then injuries will catch up with them and there will be a lot of finger pointing with Dolan threatening to fire Hornacek + Phil Jackson and trading Melo. Typical Knicks season.

Boston: Cocky team who haven't done anything but expects to do great things. Lets see what they do when teams will adjust to their play and be better prepared.

Hornets: Did nothing to capitalize on last season success except lose some key players. Heads are going to roll when they miss the playoffs.

As for the West, I am getting my popcorn ready for The Kings season as per usual. Also I got a sneaking suspicion that the Clippers will implode and heads are going to roll there too. The Rockets should still be fun to watch attempting to play defence.

22. Like Demographic Shift liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

How BOS got twice as many votes as us to get out of the East is beyond me.
    Better question could be: Who is the idiot that picked Bos to finish first ahead of Cavs?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information