Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Way Early Pre Season Predictions Thread... who finishes where in the Eastern Conference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Anyone got any views on the over/under of Christmas who team turmoil is this year in the east ?
    Taking bets on:

• Bulls (with Rondo & Wade & Butler) combined with a lot of rookies who won't be able to avoid the shrapnel and a coach who lost last years locker room still walking the sidelines.

• Whiz (have to love Wall and his hate on the floor comments about Beal... I mean.. who says that ? Really)
    The Hawks.

Honestly, I wonder how Schroeder is going to do as the starter. It feels like he could be a MIP winner, but I worry he's going to fall into the "good, not great" category that includes Teague, Conley, Jackson & well, Collinson (A lot wouldn't put him there, but he's exactly what you look for in a quality starting PG, IMO.)

Korver's a year older, and he just came off another mediocre season. Howard is a joke at C. Prince is a rookie....

And they have no bench (It's a odd mix of guys that can do one thing really well yet suck in a area that can be exploited.)

If they miss the playoffs, would it shock anyone?

As for my West Team with turmoil, I'm going to say it: Dallas. I'm sorry, but I just don't see a good team here on paper. A lot of has-been's and guys who've been over hyped (Harrison Barnes especially.)

But I was wrong about them the last 2 years.... it seems Dirk is the NBA's Martin Brodeur: A guy way past his prime still kicking ass here & there.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    The Hawks.

Honestly, I wonder how Schroeder is going to do as the starter. It feels like he could be a MIP winner, but I worry he's going to fall into the "good, not great" category that includes Teague, Conley, Jackson & well, Collinson (A lot wouldn't put him there, but he's exactly what you look for in a quality starting PG, IMO.)

Korver's a year older, and he just came off another mediocre season. Howard is a joke at C. Prince is a rookie....

And they have no bench (It's a odd mix of guys that can do one thing really well yet suck in a area that can be exploited.)

If they miss the playoffs, would it shock anyone?

As for my West Team with turmoil, I'm going to say it: Dallas. I'm sorry, but I just don't see a good team here on paper. A lot of has-been's and guys who've been over hyped (Harrison Barnes especially.)

But I was wrong about them the last 2 years.... it seems Dirk is the NBA's Martin Brodeur: A guy way past his prime still kicking ass here & there.
    Forgot about Debilitating Dwight Disease... so good catch and for sure its within reasonable grounds to include the Hawks in the mix for the unenviable title of team turmoil.

We have in no particular order:
    Hawks.. Bulls... Knicks... Whiz... Orlando...Bucks... and the Leprechauns

Interesting thoughts on the absence of a bench.

Who do you think has less of a bench ?
    Da Nicks ? or the Hawks..or possibly even the Bulls who would boast McBuckets and Mirotic before you get to Cristiano Felicio..Jerian Grant...Paul Zisper.. and the rookie Denzel Valentine (summer league notwithstanding rooks contribute somewhere between nothing and negligible)

I am going with the Superteam Knicks.. who still have Sasha Vujacic as a rotation player... Sasha Vujacic...its going to be another knicks kinda year in Gotham.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 13th, 2016 at 02:42 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Best
    1) Toronto
    2) Cleveland (i think Cleveland is the better team, but as the Champs i feel they are going to focus more on rest than winning games in the regular season)
    3)Boston

The Rest
    4)Indiana
    5)Atlanta
    6)Detroit
    7)Charlotte
    8)Miami Heat (If Bosh is healthy)
    9)Chicago
    10)Orlando
    11)New York
    12)Milwaukee
    13)Washington
    14)Philadelphia
    15)Brooklyn

from 6-13 i really think its going to be a shit show ... all those teams want to make the playoffs and all have the talent to do it

Post Thanks / Like

CBS has just posted the order of finish for both conferences and a playoff bracket that has the predictable finals matchup of the warriors vs Cavs in all 4 fearless predictors calls.

None of the 4 has either of the Knicks or Bulls making the post season.

None of the 4 has the Raps getting to the ECF and two have them out in round 1.

Boston remains the choice of the CBS crew as challenger in the East along with what has to be " I lost a bet so I have to post this" call from Moore having the Honets beating both the Raps and Leprechauns on the way to the ECF.

I guess the boys from CBS don't believe that 3 point shooting and rebounding are important...
    Boston rated 28th last year from the arc and didn't find help there. With no bigger bodies inside and an ankle injury almost pre ordained for Amir they are going to struggle on the glass.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nb...chup-champion/
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 21st, 2016 at 11:19 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks should be in the playoffs...if they can cobble together some half-decent guard-play.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
    The Best
    1) Toronto
    2) Cleveland (i think Cleveland is the better team, but as the Champs i feel they are going to focus more on rest than winning games in the regular season)
    3)Boston

The Rest
    4)Indiana
    5)Atlanta
    6)Detroit
    7)Charlotte
    8)Miami Heat (If Bosh is healthy)
    9)Chicago
    10)Orlando
    11)New York
    12)Milwaukee
    13)Washington
    14)Philadelphia
    15)Brooklyn

from 6-13 i really think its going to be a shit show ... all those teams want to make the playoffs and all have the talent to do it
    Wishful thinking. Lol.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    How BOS got twice as many votes as us to get out of the East is beyond me.
    It looks like experts were right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Points in time.
    Raps may re ignite post ASG and Isiah Thomas superman season may wane ...
    Let's see where we all are in mid April.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah? Were the experts voting on who would be ahead in the standings at the all star break?

You are crowing about this team's demise way too early.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah? Were the experts voting on who would be ahead in the standings at the all star break?

You are crowing about this team's demise way too early.
    Not crowing just assessing where we are at currently. There are only 25 games left. That is factual. Time will tell but based on where we are currently at we will be very hard pressed to get to second. The experts predicted Celtics would finish second--if as posters we remove our biases and truly assess things objectively most of us would conclude MOST LIKELY we will not finish second and could finish as low as 7th. Your point about injuries and lineup are valid. My comments about where we are at and where is most likely to finish are factual. We certainly are not getting to 63 wins-- not likely 50 though possible. The preseason predictions are off base. Yes there have been injuries. Most of us expected 51-55 wins . To get to 50+ wins we will need a dramatic shift and extended winning streaks. The way our coach manages JV and fourth quarters I have significant concerns. A lot of our problems this year seem Supra tentorial (i.e. Mental) to me --not physical.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not crowing just assessing where we are at currently. There are only 25 games left. That is factual. Time will tell but based on where we are currently at we will be very hard pressed to get to second. The experts predicted Celtics would finish second--if as posters we remove our biases and truly assess things objectively most of us would conclude MOST LIKELY we will not finish second and could finish as low as 7th. Your point about injuries and lineup are valid. My comments about where we are at and where is most likely to finish are factual. We certainly are not getting to 63 wins-- not likely 50 though possible. The preseason predictions are off base. Yes there have been injuries. Most of us expected 51-55 wins . To get to 50+ wins we will need a dramatic shift and extended winning streaks. The way our coach manages JV and fourth quarters I have significant concerns. A lot of our problems this year seem Supra tentorial (i.e. Mental) to me --not physical.
    ESPN's BPI, which looks only at numbers and not at hpye or highligh reels, still pegs the Raptors to finish #2 in the East and #6 overall: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...ll-power-index

I think even without my partisan hat on I'd say the Raptors have the second best roster in the East. They definintely haven't been playing as well as Boston, Washington, Miami, or even Atlanta the last few weeks, though.

I'd like to see them finish #2 or #3.
    Last edited by S.R.; Thu Feb 16th, 2017 at 04:24 PM.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

17-8 is do-able.

I honestly don't care. Now that we have ibaka to replace biz, I think we are stronger this yr and moving forward.

However it plays out, I hope we fire Casey and use our assets (which is a real strength) to make a few adjustments. I'm assuming we resign Lowry and ibaka. If we actually play our young guys and Masai has some luck then I think we're in a great position to upgrade and tweak. My only concern is what happens to pat? He's a real key piece to me unless we can get an amir type on an exception, or Bruno shares a condo with norm.

13. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps will finish at least 3rd. Quote me later

15. Like Abbas liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    I agree. We are going into the break feeling a bit better about ourselves after that last 4th quarter and we will have two really good power forwards to plug into the rotation as opposed to Bebe and pascal. I think we should be optimistic about the next 25 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its still too early to talk about placement.. Cavs could fall to #2. If Lebron needs a few rest days then those are automatic losses for the Cavs. Gives Boston a chance to climb to #1.

And if that happens.. it may not be a bad thing to end up in 4th.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Its still too early to talk about placement.. Cavs could fall to #2. If Lebron needs a few rest days then those are automatic losses for the Cavs. Gives Boston a chance to climb to #1.

And if that happens.. it may not be a bad thing to end up in 4th.
    Good point. Curious to see loves timeline

Post Thanks / Like

If we are going to consider 7th a real possibility, we should consider 1st a real possibility too.

20. Like Demographic Shift liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    I say second, quote me on that

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    I say second, quote me on that
    Goddamnit Abbas you're quoted all over the place for the wrong reasons

STOP MAKING PREDICTIONS
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

23. Like Cody73, Scraptor, Abbas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we are going to consider 7th a real possibility, we should consider 1st a real possibility too.
    Dan you REALLY think we can make up that much ground and become 2nd? What would our record and Boston's record have to be these last 25 games for that to happen? Cause it seems a bit unrealistic.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information