Legacy League match 21 Cody vs JimiCliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League match 21 Cody vs JimiCliff

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Cody vs JimiCliff

Cody73 Starters:

Magic Johnson
    John Havlicek
    Peja Stojakovic
    Dave Cowens
    Moses Malone

Bench:

Kevin Johnson
    Doug Christie
    Vince Carter
    Pau Gasol
    Mark Eaton

GP:

All-about running the fast break and getting the best shots possible against Jimi. He's got a tough team..... He beats me easily at SF with Durant & LeBron. However, Hondo running the 2-guard is a hard one to deal with for him, especially with his playmaking skills.

The plan on D is to have Gasol or Cowens on Lebron, with Hondo or Christie covering Durant. It's got flaws to it due to size, but it's the best way to shut him down and to get his offense out of rhythm. Eaton and Moses hold Ewing, while KJ guards Pistol Pete.

JimiCliff Lineup
    PG - Lebron James. 26.8 ppg, 40.6 3pt%, NBA MVP, Finals MVP (2013). 5x 1st Team All-Defence.

SG - Joe Dumars. 23.5 ppg (1993), 38.2 3pt% (career). 4x 1st Team All-Defence.

SF - Kevin Durant. 32.0 ppg, 39.1 3pt%, NBA MVP (2014).

PF - Patrick Ewing. 28.6 ppg, 10.9 rebs, 4.0 bpg, 1st Team All-NBA (1990). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

C - Alonzo Mourning, PF/C. 20.1 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 3.9 bpg (1999). 2x NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

Bench:

PG Walt 'Clyde' Frazier 23.2 ppg, 51.2 fg% (1972). 7x 1st Team All-Defence.

3 & D (& scoring too) - Eddie Jones, SG/SF. 20.1 ppg, 37.5 3pt%, 2.7 spg (2000). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

Stretch Big - Cliff Robinson, F/C. 21.3 ppg, 37.1 3pt% (1995). 2x Second Team All-Defence.

Instant Offence - 'Pistol' Pete Maravich, PG/SG. 31.1 ppg, NBA scoring champ (1977).

Insurance Big - Elton Brand, PF/C. 24.7ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.5bpg, NBA Sportsmanship Award (2006).

JimiCliff Gameplan

We're going big to match Cody's size, with Ewing checking Gasol and Zo guarding Moses. This gives us a helluva defensive pairing, and on offence, spacing will be fine because Zo stretches things out with a nice touch from outside.

Lebron moves to point, giving us the dream matchup of Lebron vs. Magic. Magic's in for a rough ride, as he never had to deal with a defender with Lebron's size, strength and intelligence.

Joe Dumars stays in at the 2 guard, giving us great 3pt shooting and an ideal defender for Vince Carter.

The key matchup, though, will be at small forward, as Cody doesn't have anyone who can handle Durant. Definitely not Peja. Christie is the only possible legit guard for KD, but really, he's too small; Durant can shoot over him at anytime. So, on offence, we're going to be looking to run Durant in p'n'r against Malone/Gasol.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Cody
    14.29%
    JimiCliff
    85.71%

The poll is expired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

I like this lineup for Cody more than some of his others but it has the glaring matchup of Peja on Durant, which doesn't bode well for him right now.

JimiCliff's lineup switch is a big play that could pay off but really makes the bench makeup quite odd (2 PGs, small SG, 2 PFs - not much versatility). Still, should be manageable with the starters being able to move around more.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Cody's matchups are the most fun, because he always makes big changes in every matchup! and often twice in a matchup!

Looks like both guys surprised each other with these rosters.

I'll wait for adjustments here.

Comment

carter should have started IMO. Would be deadly with Magic running point. Not sure about Ewing and Mourning together, would clog things up a bit for LBJ and Durant no? Nonetheless, gonna roll with JIMI here.

Comment

Without any adjustments, definitely leaning JimiCliff here on the strength of the Durant mismatch vs Peja.

Comment

Adjustments:

Hondo's going to be the guy to carry the ball up court and control the offense with Gasol & Cowens. This is something he did with Russell.

Peja goes to the bench for Cowens to play SF, Gasol at PF & Eaton at C. Cowens can hit the mid-range jumper.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Adjustments:

Hondo's going to be the guy to carry the ball up court and control the offense with Gasol & Cowens. This is something he did with Russell.

Peja goes to the bench for Cowens to play SF, Gasol at PF & Eaton at C. Cowens can hit the mid-range jumper.
              I do like using Havlicek to help offset LeBron's defence, but Cowens on Durant doesn't sound much better than Peja.

Comment

Hondo's ball handling, not Magic? Cool with me!

Durant's a problem no matter who here is guarding him, really.

Looking forward to getting pistol a lot of run off the bench against kj. He'd be deadly running that pick and roll with eaton involved.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Well, to me Cody's team lives or dies with Magic and Moses, and now one is on the bench and the other isn't running the offense! Got to go with Jimi.

Havlicek, how much did he bring the ball up the court? I don't remember seeing him in that role, but maybe there was a period when he did that, I don't know.

My impression of him is a guy with a pretty average handle, smart guy, good passer, can make a few dribbles in those motion style offenses but not a main ballhandler. Really good midrange shooter, really high motor running off the ball and smart, made lots of clutch shots and clutch defensive plays. More similar to Rip Hamilton maybe, than to a point forward.
                  Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Aug 5, 2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I vote jimi. Cody is criminally under using his 1st round pick in Magic.

Comment

Working...
                    X