Legacy League match 22 Joey vs 007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League match 22 Joey vs 007

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Joey vs 007

Joey's Legacy Allstars
    Starters
    PG John Stockton - 17.2ppg, 14.5apg, 2.7spg, 51%FG, 42%3P, 124 ORtg, 23.9PER, 57.4AST%
    11x All-NBA Selection, 5x All-Defensive Team Selection, 9x Assist Leader, 2x Steals Leader, Most Assists in NBA History*, Most Steals in NBA History*, 50-40-85 Club...

SG Ray Allen - 22ppg, 5.2rpg, 4.6apg, 1.5spg, 48%FG, 43%3P, 61%TS, 22.9 PER
    2x NBA Champion, 10x All-Star, 2x All-NBA Selection, Most 3-Pointers Made in NBA History*

SG Tracy McGrady - 32ppg, 6.5rpg, 5.5apg, 1.7spg, 39%3P, 116ORtg, 30.3 PER
    7x All-NBA Selection, 2x Scoring Champion, BAMF

PF Shawn Kemp - 18.1ppg, 10.8rpg, 2.1bpg, 1.6spg, 22.9 PER, 6.0 DWS, 96 DRtg
    6x All-Star, 3x All-NBA Selection, BAMF

C Hakeem the Dream - 24.1ppg, 12.7rpg, 2.0spg, 3.8bpg, 24.7, 96DRtg – averaged over 8 Seasons
    2x NBA Champion, 2x MVP, 2x Finals MVP, 2x Defensive Player of the Year, 12x All NBA Selection, 9x All-Defensive Selection, 2x Rebounds Leader, 3x Block Leader, Most Blocks in NBA History*, Only player in NBA history to retire in the Top-10 for Blocks, Rebounds, Scoring and Steals.

Bench

PG/SG Dennis Johnson - 19ppg, 5.1rpg, 4.1apg, 1.8spg, 4.4DWS
    3x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 2x All-NBA Selection, 9x All-Defensive Team Selection, “Toughest Defender Ever” –Iceman GG

SF Bruce Bowen - 100DRtg, 40%3P, 13DWS – over 3 seasons Starting every game and Winning 2 Rings
    3x NBA Champion, 8x All-Defensive Team Selection, BAMF

SF/PF Tayshaun Prince - 14.2ppg, 5.8rpg, 3apg, 40%3P
    NBA Champion, 4x All-Defensive Team Selection, Bruno-Long

PF/C Willis Reed - 21.7ppg, 13.9rpg, 21.9 PER, 7.5DWS
    MVP, 2x Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 7x All-Star, 5x All-NBA Selection (1x 1st Team, 4x 2nd Team), All-NBA Defensive Team

PF/C Robert Horry - 12ppg, 5.8rpg, 4apg, 1.6spg, 1.5bpg, 37%3P
    7x NBA Champion, Definition of Clutch, Tough as Nails

Joeys Gameplan (150 words)
    Gary Payton's on record saying Stockton was the toughest, most fundamentally sound person he EVER guarded, so JKidd/Cousy doesn't scare Stockton, especially with Allen/TMac to pass to, and Kemp/Hakeem setting screens. With very few favourable matchups for 007, I feel like my passing, shooting, attacking and all-around defense will prevail.

Front Wilt hard, throw lots of length at him. Hakeems dreamshake, explosiveness AND finesse would be unlike anything Wilt ever saw in his career. Hakeem wins that matchup in my opinion (and others - see video).

Bench will be defense, pass and 3 focused. Starters will sit for very few minutes however.

TMac isn't scarecd of Pippen; 007 can't stop Allen at the same time. Hayes can't handle the bigger freak Kemp, or follow a bigger, young tenacious Horry outside.

Take advantage of 007s general lack of shooting, and one-way players off the bench.

007 STARTING LINEUP

PG: Jason Kidd – 6 time All-NBA, 9 time All-Defensive team. 5 time assists leader. Only player in NBA history with 15,000 points, 10,000 assists and 7,000 rebounds

SG: Scottie Pippen – 7 time All-NBA, 10 time All-Defensive team. NBA steals leader, one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time

SF: Dennis Rodman – 2 time All-NBA, 2 time DPOY, 8 time All-Defensive team. 7 time rebounding champion, one of the greatest rebounders and defenders of all time

PF: Robert Parish – 2 time All-NBA, 4 time champion. NBA all-time leader in games played

C: Wilt Chamberlain – 4 time MVP, 10 time All-NBA. 7 time scoring champion and 11 time rebounding champion. 100 point game. One of the greatest players of all time

BENCH

Bob Cousy – MVP, 12 time All-NBA. 8 time assists leader, 6 time champion

Jeff Hornacek – 2 time 3PT contest winner, 44% 3PT shooter at his peak

Chauncey Billups – 3 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. NBA Finals MVP, over 42% 3PT shooter at his peak

Bernard King – 4 time All-NBA, NBA scoring champion

Elvin Hayes – 6 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. 2 time rebounding champion and NBA scoring champion (as a rookie)

To win Legacy League you've got to go big or go home, and that's exactly what we're doing. Wilt and Parish combine to form a very mobile and athletic twin towers, providing plenty of shot blocking and rebounding. McGrady's size is negated when he's being hounded by Pippen, with the same going for Prince when Rodman slides back to small forward, where he has a lot of experience shutting down the perimeter. This game will be the definition of a grind out game, with the size and toughness of Kidd, Pippen and Rodman locking down anyone Joey throws at us. This froncourt will be unstoppable crashing the glass on offence, leading to many second chance points. When Allen and Johnson come in is when we bring in Billups and slide Rodman to PF, where he can lock down Reed, Kemp or Horry, whichever is needed.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Joey
    80.00%
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

007 is going to struggle MIGHTILY to score with that lineup. And we'll run guys off countless screens. No way Rodman stops TMac. JKidd may have hit a lot of 3's, but he was no sharpshooter .. there is basically ZERO shooting in his lineup.

Comment

I think Pippen is underrated as a scorer, and is the best perimeter defender ever (also the one on TMac as per 007, not Rodman as per Joey's adjustment). I see TMac struggling mightily against Pippen.

I think 007 twin tower approach wins the front court, as Kemp/Horry aren't really two way players and Parish is a good defender (and low usage option on offence).

To me, this will come down to which backcourt can grind out the points better. Kidd can certainly make things happen, but Joey might have more options than 007 to score with Rodman out there.

Slightly leaning Joey at this point.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'd say Kemp was a two way player, just maybe not as great or fundamentally sound on either end as some.

007 has a pretty incredible defensive team, but that Parish / Wilt pairing seems too slow footed to me. I think it's a weakness for this matchup, Joey has great athletes upfront. Still, it's a very good defense overall with all those elite defenders!

I think Joey doesn't have as many elite defenders, but it's a more mobile team with a great anchor. Still a very nice defense overall. I think Joey's offense will flow better, which to me is the difference right now.

I liked that 007's team with Chauncey and Rodman more, not saying that it would win, but I just liked it more.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          I'd say Kemp was a two way player, just maybe not as great or fundamentally sound on either end as some.

007 has a pretty incredible defensive team, but that Parish / Wilt pairing seems too slow footed to me. I think it's a weakness for this matchup, Joey has great athletes upfront. Still, it's a very good defense overall with all those elite defenders!

I think Joey doesn't have as many elite defenders, but it's a more mobile team with a great anchor. Still a very nice defense overall. I think Joey's offense will flow better, which to me is the difference right now.

I liked that 007's team with Chauncey and Rodman more, not saying that it would win, but I just liked it more.
          Kemp's defence was pretty much limited to his athleticism, which allowed him to stay with guys and switch if necessary. But as a help defender, he seems like a pretty weak option, and against Parish, he is clearly working off ball more.

I think Parish is long and sound enough to defend Kemp, which would really negate Kemp's impact on the game.

Comment

This is a really hard matchup to decide on. I feel like Hakeem would be able to do very well against wilt, but the twin towers that 007 has is fantastic defensively. Roman and Pippen on Mcgrady to me is capable of shutting him down. As axel said, Scottie Pippen is an underrated scorer and I believe he could dominate Ray Allen on both side of the floor. Joey is also under rating kidd who was an excellent two way player. I'll have to wait for 007's adjustments to solidify my vote but I'm leaning 007.

Comment

Joey is underestimating two of the greatest defenders of all time in Pippen and Rodman. If I have any problems on offence I can shift easily to Kidd-Billups-Pippen-Rodman-Wilt and keep the same level of defence. No way Allen can guard either Pippen or Rodman.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

'preciate the votes fellas!! Good matchup 007!! It was a helluva battle!

Comment

Working...
                X