Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Sooooooo...I guess he's not staying?!?
    I assume you are talking about the extension talks going quiet. I think they were always going to wait until after his GOA camps.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

it's done

Comment

Interesting that they have formally split the GM and President positions, especially with a serious guy like Weltman. I'd be curious to know if it's now primarily Weltman's show on the personnel front with Ujiri taking on more of a strategic role....

Comment

Nice to keep Webster in the fold - rumours earlier this summer were he was getting poached.

Hope it's all long term. Will have to wait for info to leak, Raps never release the details.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's going to be weird having Weltman do the pressers but on the brightside the use of the words "ummm" and "you know" should go down 90%.

I kid, I kid

Comment

Weltman was the guy I liked the least in the front office.. and mostly because he came from a Bucks organization that usually had its head up its ass. But Masai still runs the ship and that's really all that matters.

Hope its a good long term deal. At least 5 years.

Comment

Masai still had 2 years left, are they just shredding that contract? Or the 2 years plus extension..either way please 5 or 6 more years minimum.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nice to see the signups.

And Bobby Webster knows how to do weddings....whoa!

http://www.vogue.com/13384686/weddin...house-reserve/

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Weltman was the guy I liked the least in the front office.. and mostly because he came from a Bucks organization that usually had its head up its ass. But Masai still runs the ship and that's really all that matters.

Hope its a good long term deal. At least 5 years.
                    At least both guys are competent. Masai has created depth and stability from the executive suite to the floor. That's sound risk management. Webster looks like a potential star. Weltman makes me a bit nervous, tbh.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      . Weltman makes me a bit nervous, tbh.

There is nothing about that statement that should make you nervous, that is how the team is build for better or for worse.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        At least both guys are competent. Masai has created depth and stability from the executive suite to the floor. That's sound risk management. Webster looks like a potential star. Weltman makes me a bit nervous, tbh.

Raptors reached the Conference Finals last season with that style of play.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Interesting that they have formally split the GM and President positions, especially with a serious guy like Weltman. I'd be curious to know if it's now primarily Weltman's show on the personnel front with Ujiri taking on more of a strategic role....
                          Meh. This is exactly like the Blue Jays situation. Atkins is the GM but everyone knows that Shapiro is the one that runs the ship.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Meh. This is exactly like the Blue Jays situation. Atkins is the GM but everyone knows that Shapiro is the one that runs the ship.
                            Well only difference is the Jays are legit contenders.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              Well only difference is the Jays are legit contenders.
                              Cuz that's how baseball is. Every team that makes the playoffs is a legit contender.

Comment

Working...
                              X