Cory Joseph Will Join Tristan Thompson as a Longhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Joseph Will Join Tristan Thompson as a Longhorn

I know this isn't particularly Raptors related, but I'm pretty excited about these Canadian kids who are some of the biggest prospects in the nation right now. Joseph just committed to Texas yesterday and will join his buddy Tristan Thompson in Austin next year.

I can't wait for these kids to crack the NBA. Exciting times for Canada and down the road our national program.

With Texas potentially losing a pair of guards to the NBA draft, the Longhorns got a commitment from point guard Cory Joseph on Friday.

Joseph, the No. 16 rated prospect in the Class of 2010, picked Texas over Connecticut, Minnesota, UNLV and Villanova.

"I had a great relationship with coach [Rick] Barnes and all the staff and players," Joseph said. "I feel that it's the best fit for me overall."

Tristan Thompson, who played with Joseph at Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., and on the Grassroots Canada AAU team, has also signed with Texas. Both Thompson and Joseph were named McDonald's All-Americans.

"It's good that we'll be able to play together again," Joseph said. "We had a lot of success over the past two years. We won the national championship twice. We're going to have a great time."
    Source - Click here

Hopfully they both play well, and get drafted
    We need some more good canadian boys in the NBA

Comment

Cory Joseph is the future of Canada basketball...and the rest of basketball as well. lol
      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Working...
      X