This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm fairly certain of the top 6 order but things get a bit murkier from there.
    If the top six get a surprise reach pick I'd be shocked and happy at the same time.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      If the top six get a surprise reach pick I'd be shocked and happy at the same time.
      I think there are a couple of guys who could play their way into it depending on summer league and rosters by Aug 1st but I feel reasonably confident in the order.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I think there are a couple of guys who could play their way into it depending on summer league and rosters by Aug 1st but I feel reasonably confident in the order.
        Perhaps but anyone making the pick in the top six based on summer league might regret it in a few years. I'm hoping you guys all pass on Tatum or Isaac because they don't have a clear path to PT this coming season.

Comment

Perhaps but anyone making the pick in the top six based on summer league might regret it in a few years. I'm hoping you guys all pass on Tatum or Isaac because they don't have a clear path to PT this coming season.
          I've had my mind made up for weeks for the most part; the draft just really confirmed my decisions even further, so unless something in SL drastically alters that, I'm sticking with my initial selections.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Interesting. I hope you're reaching because that means I might get my #1 guy, who may or may not be Tatum or Isaac. But then again, this may be all smoke and mirrors on my part. Either way, I like being in seventh spot, it could be worse.

Comment

Just curious, how has the 'no picks' strategy worked for you guys over the years?
              Generally okay. I finished 3rd 3 years in a row or something. Was tired of finishing third and traded Harden, George and Millsap, but I did that without having picks. That's where I went wrong.

I think the biggest thing you miss out on with trading picks for talent isn't necessariy that those guys pan out and you don't have them now, but everyone else is resigning 3 players a year while I resign two. Always going into the auction with more spots to fill than everyone else. Kind of a domino effect.

Comment

• But yeah I'd say cap management is much harder without the draft.

Comment

• Great insights there. I asked because the DPE was invented as a reward for building from within, to put a little more value and reward in drafting well and/or staying the course as your prospects develop. It looks like it's helping those it was designed to help most but you make a great point about the pain of rebuilding without picks. Just like the NBA, a team can get stuck in limbo during the transition from contender to rebuild.

Comment

Interesting. I hope you're reaching because that means I might get my #1 guy, who may or may not be Tatum or Isaac. But then again, this may be all smoke and mirrors on my part. Either way, I like being in seventh spot, it could be worse.
                    Hahaha you can try to read anything you want into it but not sure you're really going to get any insight out of me until I announce my picks.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I'm wondering who is going to slip through the cracks & may get playing time with their new clubs. It's hard to know, but we'll see. I have my eyes on a few guys, most of them in the 15-25 range.
                      justin jackson, jarret allen, and terrance ferguson are three guys i can see not being drafted and getting lots of playing time.

Comment

• Word is that the Nuggets had a very good chance to get Jimmy Butler, but would not include Jamal Murray in the trade, so the deal was scrapped .. can't say I blame them really. Depending on who else was involved, I likely wouldn't have made the deal either. Too much upside with Murray.

Comment

• That makes sense. I mean what's the point in getting him if you don't have the talent to entice him to re-sign in a couple season?

Comment

• August 1st draft starts. Are we doing time lapsed again? I am taking my wife and son cross country on the train July 28-august 10th and won't have a Canadian phone number so only WiFi, which I assume is only going to work at stations. If there is no time lapse between picks I will send joey my picks before I leave. If we are giving hours between picks, I won't.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              August 1st draft starts. Are we doing time lapsed again? I am taking my wife and son cross country on the train July 28-august 10th and won't have a Canadian phone number so only WiFi, which I assume is only going to work at stations. If there is no time lapse between picks I will send joey my picks before I leave. If we are giving hours between picks, I won't.
                              I see no reason to change how we did it last year. I think it was perfect. So allotted time slots, with time overrun if people get ahead. But since you're the first 2 picks, you don't have to worry about that.

But ya, if you can't be available for your pick, then just send them to me.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I see no reason to change how we did it last year. I think it was perfect. So allotted time slots, with time overrun if people get ahead. But since you're the first 2 picks, you don't have to worry about that.

But ya, if you can't be available for your pick, then just send them to me.
                                thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X