This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I would also consider moving my pick which looks to be tail end of the lotto imo.
    And perhaps my pick?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      And perhaps my pick?
      Highly unlikely but I'd consider offers. It has #1 pick potential depending on how the lotto plays out. Makes it a hard asset to give up.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Highly unlikely but I'd consider offers. It has #1 pick potential depending on how the lotto plays out. Makes it a hard asset to give up.
        If you see anything you like let me know. Regardless I'm trying to trade into the draft, so if any of the players I listed above interest you, let me know.

Comment

• 007 should have the 2018 Mack pick under his team in the cap sheet. The deal was Fournier & WCS to the Creeds and Chandler, Lopez & 2018 Mack pick to the Roger Moores.

Comment

• Comment

• Cap sheet should be 100% up to date. Please report any errors.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Don't know if its accurate or not but I just heard Embiid is out indefinitely and is headed for an MRI later today.

Comment

• Might as well just keep him out as long as he needs. Come back next year and run for the office of MVP.

Comment

• Here's a tweet on it.

Dude can't buy a break.

Comment

• hoping the fantasy NBA trade analysts break down the reasoning in this last trade. all these 1 years flying around ! exciting nonetheless
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                        hoping the fantasy NBA trade analysts break down the reasoning in this last trade. all these 1 years flying around ! exciting nonetheless
                        You mean Apollo picking up Tucas's 2018 pick for giving Skywalker some better bodies for a title chase? Seems like a fairly good deal both ways. Who knows what the Tucas pick will be like in 2018 but it seems like a good deal for two teams in very different places.

Comment

• yeah. i wasn't criticizing it, i just didn't think there was a pick involved since it said 2nd round pick. nice one
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                            yeah. i wasn't criticizing it, i just didn't think there was a pick involved since it said 2nd round pick. nice one
                            What I always do to indicate a pick one year out is to flag it as a second rounder and write in a comment in the trade on Yahoo. So in this case I get Tucas' 2018 pick.

Comment

• Seeing how I'm probably all done now on the market this season I'll give my complete view of these last two trades I was involved with.

Do you know I've been shopping Thad for a pick pretty much since I got him from Mack? I'm damn near sure I hit up almost every team in the league and only skipped those who didn't have a pick. Some guys I probably annoyed with three or four different Thad offers. No takers because expiring contracts in this league seem to really be slashed in terms of value. All I got for my Thad offers was no, no, no... Over and over and over. And he's a really good glue guy filling some important cats that usually get a little overlooked. He's been top 50 most of the year. Only a couple years ago he went at auction for max money. He's a valuable asset but you guys didn't think on his own he was worth a single pick anywhere in either upcoming draft. OK, I can live with that and so I figured out a way to increase the appeal to close a deal by acquiring Wesley Matthews and then pairing him with Thad. Even then a deal wasn't easily done because the buyers of such a deal happen to be the best managers in the league. SW is one tough customer.

Rewind to Cody, he just got lit up for dealing me Matthews for a prospect. Matthews is roughly ranked twenty spots lower than Thad. Matthews is also three years older Thad. Matthews went for far less at auction than Thad. Somehow though I'm a snake oil salesman for landing him without coughing up a pick when I couldn't even land a pick myself for a better asset.

I don't know man, #EasierSaidThanDone.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Seeing how I'm probably all done now on the market this season I'll give my complete view of these last two trades I was involved with.

Do you know I've been shopping Thad for a pick pretty much since I got him from Mack? I'm damn near sure I hit up almost every team in the league and only skipped those who didn't have a pick. Some guys I probably annoyed with three or four different Thad offers. No takers because expiring contracts in this league seem to really be slashed in terms of value. All I got for my Thad offers was no, no, no... Over and over and over. And he's a really good glue guy filling some important cats that usually get a little overlooked. He's been top 50 most of the year. Only a couple years ago he went at auction for max money. He's a valuable asset but you guys didn't think on his own he was worth a single pick anywhere in either upcoming draft. OK, I can live with that and so I figured out a way to increase the appeal to close a deal by acquiring Wesley Matthews and then pairing him with Thad. Even then a deal wasn't easily done because the buyers of such a deal happen to be the best managers in the league. SW is one tough customer.

Rewind to Cody, he just got lit up for dealing me Matthews for a prospect. Matthews is roughly ranked twenty spots lower than Thad. Matthews is also three years older Thad. Matthews went for far less at auction than Thad. Somehow though I'm a snake oil salesman for landing him without coughing up a pick when I couldn't even land a pick myself for a better asset.

I don't know man, #EasierSaidThanDone.
                                Auction prices aren't that relevant to the trade market. Especially when it's years later. Thad at $180 3 years ago was a different environment. Beverley went for $97 that year and was probably under $5 this time.

The issue with the Matthews deal isn't that you didn't include a pick as much as you didn't really seem to give Cody anything of long term value. So what benefit was there for Cody to make that deal? Best case scenario is that this prospect outperforms Matthews down the stretch and maybe gets resigned over another of his more established guys. How realistic is that though? Cody took all the risk in that deal and for what seems to be a net neutral at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X