This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Now I am confused. If the actual philly pick, when I say actual I mean what their own, original before any swaps happen pick lands 3rd and Dan is paired with philly then it seems really straight forward.
    Philly's actual pick was 5th. Sacramento got third.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Maybe I'm confused? I thought the point of following the NBA lottery was so that we didn't need our own lottery. The lottery would determine the order and each teams odds were based on where they finished and was linked to a corresponding slot in the NBA lottery. So therefore any NBA trades that have pick swap triggers would not influence our ordering because that is something other, something beyond, the actually lottery mechanism.
      This is how I see it as well.

Comment

• Lakers fans are having a "kept the pick upvote party" on Reddit. Front Page right now. Haha
        https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comm..._upvote_party/

Comment

• Ya I'm starting to lean toward my initial gut feeling of Axe at #3... but the dialogue is interesting, so please continue. Lol
          Last edited by Joey; Tue May 16, 2017, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Ya I'm starting to lean toward my initial gut feeling of Axe at #3... but the dialogue is interesting, so please continue. Lol
            I'll end with this. If Dan gets the pick(represented by Philly I believe), then by that same standard, if the Lakers fell out of the top three, and Philly got their pick, would Dan have also received that pick and Miek just lost out entirely ?

The idea of tying it to a team and not a position makes no sense imo.

Comment

• Ask yourself this, if we had a fancy lottery machine and Wells Fargo in place to oversee our drawing and we assume the same results played out, who picks at #3: Axel or Dan?

Anything beyond where the balls fall is noise.

Comment

• And where are Axel and Dan in all of this...

Comment

Ask yourself this, if we had a fancy lottery machine and Wells Fargo in place to oversee our drawing and we assume the same results played out, who picks at #3: Axel or Dan?
                  Axel, because no one traded for a pick swap in our league. Dan is not the 76ers. Dan is Dan. The lottery just helps us decide the order in an unbiased way. Besides the fact that it's CLEARLY rigged so that the biggest market in the NBA doesn't lose 2 first rounders in the next three years.(kidding)

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    And where are Axel and Dan in all of this...
                    Prepping their weapons for the inevitable duel to the death someone is going to recommend.

Comment

Prepping their weapons for the enevetable duel to the death someone is going to recommend.
                      Hahahah

Or perhaps...

Comment

Maybe I'm confused? I thought the point of following the NBA lottery was so that we didn't need our own lottery. The lottery would determine the order and each teams odds were based on where they finished and was linked to a corresponding slot in the NBA lottery. So therefore any NBA trades that have pick swap triggers would not influence our ordering because that is something other, something beyond, the actually lottery mechanism.
                        tucas wrote: View Post
                        Philly's actual pick was 5th. Sacramento got third.
                        Joey wrote: View Post
                        Ya I'm starting to lean toward my initial gut feeling of Axe at #3... but the dialogue is interesting, so please continue. Lol
                        this is exactly how i see it as well. so the "real" philly pick went 5 and the "real" sac pick went 3. then dan would be 5 and axel 3.

Comment

• has to be chopper to chopper

Comment

• Comment

So what if Dan's paired team had actually landed the 14th pick and then triggered the swap? Axel then drops to 14?
                              Then that's what happens if were going off the NBA rule set for picks. I was the 3rd worst team in the league and I don't even own a pick because the previous GM traded it away. Is that fair in your eyes? Then this also should be fair. End of story. Dan gets the #3 pick under the swapping rights established in a real NBA trade if he was paired with Philly & Ax was paired with the Kings.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                I was the 3rd worst team in the league and I don't even own a pick because the previous GM traded it away. Is that fair in your eyes?
                                It sucks for you but yes, it is fair because you're being impacted by trades that actually happened in this league. You didn't lose your pick because of something the Kings did, you lost your pick because of something Snooch did.

Comment

Working...
                                X