Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's not enough aloe vera on earth to sooth Miek's burns over the last couple days.

Comment

• Something for Miek. This was from late February. Ben is healthy now.

Simmons vs. this year's top draft prospects

Ford: Assuming Simmons' foot will be 100 percent by the time of training camp in October, I'm curious how you think he stacks up against the top prospects in this year's draft class. While general managers have raved about the depth at the top of this draft (I've seen as many as seven players be mentioned as a potential No. 1 pick and as many as 12 players' names as potential All-Stars), there has been some skepticism about whether there is a franchise-changing player in this draft -- a true superstar.

Many scouts and GMs felt Simmons was that type of player. Who would you put as the favorite to win Rookie of the Year next season? Is it Simmons? Markelle Fultz? Lonzo Ball? Someone else?
      Pelton:
      I think I'm sticking Simmons, for now. As I've noted in the past, Rookie of the Year voting tends to be predicted well by the leaderboard in combined points, rebounds and assists per game.

Back when we figured Simmons was going to play this season, I projected him to average 13.4 points, 8.9 rebounds and 3.3 assists per 36 minutes. (The last figure is awfully conservative.)

Early projections now, without accounting for team context, show Fultz at 12.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.7 assists per 36 minutes next season -- similar production to Brogdon this season -- and Ball at 9.9, 4.3 and 6.5. So unless Simmons' playing time is severely limited by injury, which is a possibility, either he'll have to underperform his projections or one of this year's rookies will have to outperform projections.
      Ford:
      As we saw at LSU, Simmons can be unselfish to a fault. So it wouldn't surprise me to see his points per game dip with Embiid and Philly's other lottery pick on the floor, while his assists per game increase. Simmons also will have some rust on him from missing a year of play. That rust certainly didn't inhibit Embiid, but typically we see a slower curve.

It's hard to predict a Rookie of the Year until we know what team the top rookies will play for and how they'll be used. But my gut right now leans toward Ball. I think he brings many of the same attributes that Simmons does to the table, but his shooting ability and aggressiveness surpass that of Simmons.
      http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/i...ookie-year-nba

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        So is this right:

Position/Name/Original record tied to pick
        1 . Miek ( 0 - 20 - 0 )
        2 . Miek (via Cody) ( 4 - 16 - 0 )
        3 . Axel ( 10 - 9 - 1 )
        4 . Joey ( 4 - 16 - 0 )
        5 . Dan ( 5 - 14 - 1 )
        6 . Axel via Tucas ( 6 - 14 - 0 )
        7 . Apollo ( 7 - 13 - 0 )
        8 . drizz ( 10 - 10 - 0 )
        9 . REALIZAR ( 10 - 9 - 1 )
        10 . koncept ( 11 - 8 - 1 )
        11 . Mack ( 12 - 8 - 0 )
        12 . WJF via SW ( 14 - 6 - 0 )
        13 . The Coach ( 14 - 5 - 1 )
        14 . WJF ( 14 - 5 - 1 )
        15 . jbml ( 16 - 4 - 0 )
        16 . SW via 007 ( 20 - 0 - 0 )

So Cody, Tucas and 007 are spectators... For now.
        I own both 007's pick and skywalkers. Cap sheet just hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
          I own both 007's pick and skywalkers. Cap sheet just hasn't been updated to reflect that.
          *coach's not skywalkers. My bad.

Comment

It doesn't say that on the cap sheet. That's all I had to go on. So you own 13 & 16?

Comment

It doesn't say that on the cap sheet. That's all I had to go on. So you own 13 & 16?
              Yessir. Looks like my last couple trades aren't on there. I had swapped RHJ and parsons for a pick and Dwight and Lee for Patterson, Scott and a pick.

Comment

Yessir. Looks like my last couple trades aren't on there. I had swapped RHJ and parsons for a pick and Dwight and Lee for Patterson, Scott and a pick.
                *rhj FOR Parsons and a pick.

Comment

Ah, this was what was confusing me.

You should be in line for a couple decent fliers at 13 & 16. It's crazy how many freshman are in this draft.

Comment

#7 is on the block. I'm interested in moving up, down or out. I could stay where I am but I'm curious about the interest in this high value position in the draft. There should be high upside guards, wings and big available here. The guys at the top will feel the pressure to draft a PG but where I'm at is where the draft really gets interesting.
                    Oooo trading from a place weakness. Tsk tsk.

Comment

• Joey, I'm trading from a place of strength. Hire better spin doctors already for crying out loud.

Comment

Joey, I'm trading from a place of strength. Hire better spin doctors already for crying out loud.
                        I'd say that's questionable at best, when there's already higher pick available to people; you'll get my scrap offers. hahah

Comment

• Well neither of you are really trading from a position of strength. I guess I could field offers so at least someone is but I'm choosing to wait for the draft hype machine to get into full swing.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I've been off forums for a few days

but this sums up my thoughts

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Maybe I'm confused? I thought the point of following the NBA lottery was so that we didn't need our own lottery. The lottery would determine the order and each teams odds were based on where they finished and was linked to a corresponding slot in the NBA lottery. So therefore any NBA trades that have pick swap triggers would not influence our ordering because that is something other, something beyond, the actually lottery mechanism.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• and #4! honestly.... in all the drafts, this is the one where falling doesn't matter. I'm not picking in the high lotto but I dunno man I could see all of the projected top 6 become allstars... maybe more
                              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Well neither of you are really trading from a position of strength. I guess I could field offers so at least someone is but I'm choosing to wait for the draft hype machine to get into full swing.
                                Ya but I'm stronger and that's what counts. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X