This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    When a contract is absorbed by another team, does that contract come off the books of the former?
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    yes
    Which is why the first waiver for any player is important and the cap hit needs to be absorbable.

Once they clear the first waivers, they are considered free agents, and our Yahoo waiver process is just to allow for multiple teams to "pitch to the player and agent before they decide where to sign" as opposed to first come first serve.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Last edited by Axel; Fri Jun 16, 2017, 11:34 AM. Reason: Double Post

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources...215225362.html

please please please. i have faith that colangelo is the right gm to throw more draft picks at a problem than necessary for some marginal gains.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources...215225362.html

please please please. i have faith that colangelo is the right gm to throw more draft picks at a problem than necessary for some marginal gains.
          Also talk of Lakers "love" Fultz, considering trading up, or down (field and send offers for #2). Is this all just pre-draft crazy talk? Hard to say but this is going to be an exciting week.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources...215225362.html

He's the number one pick though. Anywhere he lands he's gonna probably play heavy minutes. If he lands in Philly it may be good for me and bad for Axel. Okafor to Boston would be good for his value where as Saric to Boston may not be so much.

Not to mention that Simmons needs shooters and Fultz would be a great compliment.

Boston is in such an amazing situation. They have the assets to leapfrog the Cavs, give the Warriors a run for their money and look promising long term.

Comment

He's the number one pick though. Anywhere he lands he's gonna probably play heavy minutes. If he lands in Philly it may be good for me and bad for Axel. Okafor to Boston would be good for his value where as Saric to Boston may not be so much.

Not to mention that Simmons needs shooters and Fultz would be a great compliment.
              Haven't seen any players tied to the rumours as much as the Lakers unprotected pick next year and other picks - which really doesn't make a ton of sense for Boston but I'd say if they make this deal then it's because they don't see Fultz as a real game changer and would rather pick 3rd (Jackson? Fox?) and add more picks. Really though, Boston needs that star caliber player to add; no trade with Philly will bring that in directly.

Comment

• They're trying to take a step forward past the Cavs. They're not doing that right now with more picks. It might be good value for them in this draft to trade down and collect more assets, sort of bide their time but it runs counter to past rumors during the season of where they wanted to head in the off-season.

With the Lakers and 76ers wanting to trade up and from 2 and 3 respectively and the Kings wanting to trade up to 3, Boston might have a perfect storm to haul in a tonne of picks.

Comment

• I don't think fultz will get heavy minutes in Boston. In philly he starts at the 1 or 2, much better for me.

Comment

They're trying to take a step forward past the Cavs. They're not doing that right now with more picks. It might be good value for them in this draft to trade down and collect more assets, sort of bide their time but it runs counter to past rumors during the season of where they wanted to head in the off-season.

With the Lakers and 76ers wanting to trade up and from 2 and 3 respectively and the Kings wanting to trade up to 3, Boston might have a perfect storm to haul in a tonne of picks.
                    I've seen reports that they may try to retool so their prime year peaks are timed for the fall of LeBron; those are newer thoughts counter to the rumours in season about making a push now.

At this time of year, so many smoke screens that it's hard to really take much seriously.

Comment

• Boston should change its logo to add a fourth leaf.

What's the date of our league draft?

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-3-draft-picks

this is so good

Comment

• holy shit! I've been away for a few days, what the hell just happened
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                            holy shit! I've been away for a few days, what the hell just happened
                            fultz just earned 30 minutes a night.

Comment

fultz just earned 30 minutes a night.
                              Welcome to The Process!

Comment

• The more I think about it, this is great for both of us. He's the perfect compliment to Ben Simmons.

Comment

Working...
                                X