This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koncept wrote: View Post
    honestly, has anybody used their amnesty wisely??

I used mine on Andrew Bynum the first offseason when he only had like 1 year left on it, haha.
    I used mine to clear a 4-year deal on Andrew Nicholson ... I think that was pretty wise. Haha

Though I also traded my First year pick for DJ Augustin ... I had no sense for value back then. Lol

Comment

• mine was amnestying mozgov mid season and signing, i want to say mkg, first waiver when i was over the cap and completely ineligible to sign him. stupid amnesty

when you guys first gave me westbrooks team i also immediately amnestied perry jones from a 5 year deal, which was a smart move.

Comment

• By the way, my amnesty tag is on the block...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          By the way, my amnesty tag is on the block...
          You mean you're willing to trade for a Bad Player with a bad contract?
          Because the Amnesty itself isn't a trade piece ... just want to make that clear. Haha

Comment

• Really? I could have sworn you guys said it was a trade piece when I made the comeback.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Really? I could have sworn you guys said it was a trade piece when I made the comeback.
              No man. It's an asset you can market yourself to use if you take on the amensty player with the bad deal but it's definitely not transferable.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                No man. It's an asset you can market yourself to use if you take on the amensty player with the bad deal but it's definitely not transferable.
                we are allowed to do two for ones so if apollo were to send player A out for players B,C. amnesty one, and keep the other his trade partner just has to grab someone off of waivers right?

couldn't a "future considerations" trade happen as well. apollo receives player A and a future pick, is forced to drop a player because roster is at 16, player dropped is amnestied.

the amnesty purchaser would just drop the player in yahoo and our cap sheet would make the change right?

Comment

• RR NBA Dynasty League (S5)

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  we are allowed to do two for ones so if apollo were to send player A out for players B,C. amnesty one, and keep the other his trade partner just has to grab someone off of waivers right?

couldn't a "future considerations" trade happen as well. apollo receives player A and a future pick, is forced to drop a player because roster is at 16, player dropped is amnestied.

the amnesty purchaser would just drop the player in yahoo and our cap sheet would make the change right?
                  Apollo would need to physically receive the player to be amnestied in Yahoo and perform the amnesty and drop himself.

So while it's not really a tradable asset, it is a mechanism that Apollo (and some others) would have at their disposal to help grease a deal through by taking on a player with a contract that is desirable to a amnesty. For a team without their amnesty and a bad deal they want out from, it could be a big deal at the bargaining table for them to be rid of that player without the substantial cap hit.

For two-for-one type deals, the team is supposed to fill their empty roster spot by the next waiver period (which happen every 2-3 days).
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah, so that's on the block. I'll take your mistake if the price is right.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      I used mine to clear a 4-year deal on Andrew Nicholson ... I think that was pretty wise. Haha

Though I also traded my First year pick for DJ Augustin ... I had no sense for value back then. Lol
                      Bargnani (say no more)

Comment

• C.J. Miles - 2 yrs
                        James Ennis - 2 yrs
                        RR OG

Comment

• Looney 1 year

Comment

• Joe Johnson is getting a 10 Day contract.

Comment

• Here's a situation I'm unsure of the rules on:

Let's say somebody grabs a guy off waivers and signs him that day, for say 4 years... this new player goes out and has a terrible injury in the next game - can we void that contract and claim it for just 1 year before the 7 day signing period ends? It could go the other way, where somebody signs a guy to 1 year - can that be changed to 2 or more withing the 7 day window?

Basically, can we change the amount of years a waiver signing gets after already assigning him a contract? I don't believe this has been discussed or ruled upon.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Here's a situation I'm unsure of the rules on:

Let's say somebody grabs a guy off waivers and signs him that day, for say 4 years... this new player goes out and has a terrible injury in the next game - can we void that contract and claim it for just 1 year before the 7 day signing period ends? It could go the other way, where somebody signs a guy to 1 year - can that be changed to 2 or more withing the 7 day window?

Basically, can we change the amount of years a waiver signing gets after already assigning him a contract? I don't believe this has been discussed or ruled upon.
                                Nope. We saw this in the past once with mcHAPPY. Once the contract is signed, the contract is signed. You have 7 days to sign the contract, use them if you want. But if you don't use them, and you announce the terms, then those are the terms.

Comment

Working...
                                X