This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Rewind to Cody, he just got lit up for dealing me Matthews for a prospect. Matthews is roughly ranked twenty spots lower than Thad. Matthews is also three years older Thad. Matthews went for far less at auction than Thad. Somehow though I'm a snake oil salesman for landing him without coughing up a pick when I couldn't even land a pick myself for a better asset.
    i don't think he was lit up. i think there was confusion as to what actual gain he received. if he signs anderson over clarkson, williams, smith, or morris then he got what he wanted. if he doesn't it was a purely lateral move for him. maybe he signs morris and clarkson in the off season and he put mathews and williams on the block he could have gotten, potentially, an asset he has a longer term of control over.

in this league asset management is super important. so a trade of no control for no control instead of no control for a pick that could be tossed around later raised some eyebrows.

i think you have done very well with your trades. not to attack cody or pile on but he has made some free agency mistakes by not fully understanding the cba, so i considered what axel was saying as tough love.

Comment

• Just to add, I also don't think it is axel's place to be telling owners what they should be putting in their packages.
      Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• RR NBA Dynasty League (S5)

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Just to add, I also don't think itvis axel's place to be telling owners what they should be putting in their packages.
        I think if you go through the history of this league, people have always voiced their opinions. Unfair to paint this solely on me as several other posters also made comments that the deal made "no sense" to them. I responded more to Apollo's comments than the deal itself.
        Last edited by Axel; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 09:44 PM.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I think if you go through the history of this league, people have always voiced their opinions. Unfair to paint this solely on me as several other posters also made comments that the deal made "no sense" to them. I responded more to Apollo's comments than the deal itself.
          I feel that this one trade has been given more scrutiny than trades made in the past and when it comes from a co-comish it has slightly more weight behind it. For me the most lopsided trade this year was the Thompson trade which didn't get the joey should have given up more. We congratulated joey and lamented not getting involved. Apollo made a couple trade for a player and packaged said player for assets immediately deals this year, I think if we gave executive of the year awards he would be at or near the top of the list.

I am not saying don't voice your opinions, I am saying commissioner Axel telling owners they should include more assets to make trades fairer for other people could be perceived as "next time give more".

Comment

• I don't think he was getting much more elsewhere than he got from me in that deal because there aren't many people purchasing a near the end of their prime guard, on a one year deal without a DPE, and with some serious past injury flags. It's a very small market at the top of the standings and they're tough to deal with, hence being at the top.

I think SW got an awesome deal though. I'm looking forward to the possible SW vs. 007 showdown. Clash of the titans.

Comment

• Ummm we're allowed to comment on any trade we want, it's our point of view to share and yours to disagree with if you like, it's just discussion. I don't know why you guys are so up in arms with axel, it has nothing to do with him being commissioner, it's not like he's vetoing the trade so why are you guys so offended.

I still think it was an uneven trade, but that's my opinion. Matthews is a top 80 player and the return in my OPINION seems like it could've been higher. But hey you're welcome to disagree with me, it's a tough trade market out there as well... there's lots of factors
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Also apollo were not insinuating that you make greasy deals, there's been plenty of so called lopsided trades and I'm sure we're all happy to have an owner who's out there actively trading
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Best case scenario is that this prospect outperforms Matthews down the stretch and maybe gets resigned over another of his more established guys. How realistic is that though? Cody took all the risk in that deal and for what seems to be a net neutral at best.
                  Cody has three wins and no picks. The best case scenario for him is that Justin Anderson gets minutes down the stretch on a crap 76ers team. He has a nice efficency rating, especially for 23 year old not getting enough consistent minutes in Dallas to get in a groove. He has very nice per 36 minute stats. He has elite athleticism. He has strong overall skills. Cody comes out ahead here if the young gun uses the opportunity he's been gifted.

And he couldn't be had for free off the waiver wire because I had him long before anyone said to go get him.

Comment

• It takes two to make a trade, so if someone gets swindled, its on them. Everyone has their opinion and they're entitled to say their piece, I don't think it needs to be much more than that. Everyone is trying to build their teams in different ways and not everyone will agree with all moves made, so to each their own. It would be great of all trades worked out well for both teams involved, but the reality is that is just not gonna happen all the time.

Sidenote - wish i could have taken Thad back, but I can't re-sign him with my current team makeup, so he wasn't worth another of my picks... if that was ever even an offer! 😕

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                      Ummm we're allowed to comment on any trade we want, it's our point of view to share and yours to disagree with if you like, it's just discussion. I don't know why you guys are so up in arms with axel, it has nothing to do with him being commissioner, it's not like he's vetoing the trade so why are you guys so offended.

I still think it was an uneven trade, but that's my opinion. Matthews is a top 80 player and the return in my OPINION seems like it could've been higher. But hey you're welcome to disagree with me, it's a tough trade market out there as well... there's lots of factors
                      I'm not telling anyone to shutup.

Hey, critique away. I didn't like #earnyourstripes(not your comment). The 50+ offers I sent out over the year didn't put themselves together or sell themselves.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 10:46 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        It takes two to make a trade, so if someone gets swindled, its on them. Everyone has their opinion and they're entitled to say their piece, I don't think it needs to be much more than that. Everyone is trying to build their teams in different ways and not everyone will agree with all moves made, so to each their own. It would be great of all trades worked out well for both teams involved, but the reality is that is just not gonna happen all the time.

Sidenote - wish i could have taken Thad back, but I can't re-sign him with my current team makeup, so he wasn't worth another of my picks... if that was ever even an offer! ��
                        Hey, I wish I could have dealt him like 20 offers earlier than I did. Tough crowd.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Hey, I wish I could have dealt him like 20 offers earlier than I did. Tough crowd.
                          Sometimes you just gotta take the Babcock/Divac route and just do it.

Comment

• At least I can say I traded on the best bad offer I could get for him, unlike Divac.

Comment

• You guys don't get me at all, do you? Morris & Williams are on the trade block right now.... particularly Morris.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Axel is a sneaky bugger but I can't resist a deal.

Might be looking to sell some extra pieces if people are looking for some mercenaries for the playoff run.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X