This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    If this draft is as deep as people say, I can at least grab a decent pick around 10 as I did last year.
    There's going to be some opportunities outside the top 16. I mean I made out like a bandit this year on second rounder talents. I can't wait for this coming FA period, I think I can get lucky again.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      There's going to be some opportunities outside the top 16. I mean I made out like a bandit this year on second rounder talents. I can't wait for this coming FA period, I think I can get lucky again.
      watching for those borderliners is good free agency money value

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        watching for those borderliners is good free agency money value
        There's a risk/reward involved. The reward is obvious if you hit. The risk is probably obvious too, lost opportunity when you miss. You miss on a flier while someone else grabs the obvious, sometimes safer choices for a lot more cash. Besides winning, I don't think there's any better feeling than hitting on a flier though.

Comment

There's a risk/reward involved. The reward is obvious if you hit. The risk is probably obvious too, lost opportunity when you miss. You miss on a flier while someone else grabs the obvious, sometimes safer choices for a lot more cash. Besides winning, I don't think there's any better feeling than hitting on a flier though.
          When I see a time where Denver doesn't have faried/chandler and galinari all in front of juancho I just see threes raining from the 3/4 position.

Comment

• Also. I still firmly believe in gp2.

Comment

• The only thing with GP2 is that he probably would be available on the WW right now had he gone undrafted. I hope he works out for you though and even if he doesn't it's no big deal, you didn't burn a high pick.

Hey does anyone know where the draft results are? It would be interesting to revisit now that the regular season is closing.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                I would still have Chriss and next years pick too! Still happy to have CP3 though, as injury prone as he is. Probably would have kept my core and unloaded some of the vets.
                The Chriss thing would hurt badly if you didn't have a healthy CP3 in his prime waiting for you next November. You should be a legit contender again next year.

Comment

• I wonder how well I'll do next year.... if I keep things mostly the same, give or take a few players & other changes.

I really am hoping the young guys I have train and get minutes next year. Seems both Powell & Clarkson are at least solid role players at best, but with how well Prince has been playing the last little bit, I hope him & Stanimal get consistent playing time next year. There's also uncertainty about Saba for me & well, who else I should keep around in terms of role guys.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• It looks like you'll have eight vacant slots heading into FA. If I was in that situation I'd be adding a few lottery ticket fliers and tossing cash at established players like it was going out of style. Tough spot man, but you could have yourself in an excellent position by the end of next season if things fall the right way. In this league though I don't know if playoffs is in play next year for you. You have some teams like Axel, who are solid and on the outside of the playoffs looking in and they're out to get better too. Those last few seeds aren't that easy to grab.

Comment

• Also, it may be an epic year for cheap rookie FA's. So not having picks isn't the end of the world when you look at it like that.

Comment

It looks like you'll have eight vacant slots heading into FA. If I was in that situation I'd be adding a few lottery ticket fliers and tossing cash at established players like it was going out of style. Tough spot man, but you could have yourself in an excellent position by the end of next season if things fall the right way. In this league though I don't know if playoffs is in play next year for you. You have some teams like Axel, who are solid and on the outside of the playoffs looking in and they're out to get better too. Those last few seeds aren't that easy to grab.
                        If healthy, I firmly believe that I have a playoff team that could battle in the 4-6 range for seeding. Early on in the season, I was right up there in the 3-5 range. A couple of injuries in key stat categories (Capella's blocks and FG%) and to some big time players (LaVine, Love) really hurt me since Christmas, but those guys should be healthy, with the who knows exception of Bosh, and two top 7 picks, I expect to be a big time threat next year.

So anyone hoping to move into the playoffs for next year, better take a number.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• It looks like 11 wins is the magic number for 8th seed. I may get to eight this season while trying to comb the trade marked and WW for prospects. This next season the focus switches to winning. So yeah, I agree everyone below us should take a number... You might want to take the first one just incase.

Comment

• look at how stacked the wilt conference is, we're like the western conference out there....
                            about to send 6 of our 8 teams into the playoffs.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Hey does anyone know where the draft results are? It would be interesting to revisit now that the regular season is closing.
                              Found this in the old Cap Sheet thread:

1.apollo- ben simmons
                              2.miekenstien- brandon ingram
                              3.007- kris dunn
                              4.joey-jamaal murray
                              5.Apollo-buddy heild
                              6.wtf- thon maker
                              7.cody- jakob poeltl
                              8. joey-dragon bender
                              9. miekenstien- henry ellenson
                              10. Dan- jaylen brown
                              11. Mack-marquisse Chris
                              12.miekenstien-gary Payton #2
                              13.jbml-valentine
                              14. Cody- taurean prince
                              15. skywalker- ivica zubic
                              16. apollo-domantas sabonis

Comment

• You didn't need a high pick to land a good rookie in this class. Not many stars but a lot of solid fantasy glue guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X