Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some nominations. Some of them I don't really have nominations for so, I will do the ones I can.

Kiss of death
    The process

Executive of the year
    007, we tried to break that up and still 20-0
    Apollo, lots of moves and clearly an upward trajectory

The glove
    Axel, nice comebacks
    Joey, perfect memes

Copperfield
    Cody, was supposed to go 1-19

Grand theft
    Me, knight/nurkic is doing well

Best auction draft, I think that is the faab category
    Axel, Dario
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue May 2, 2017, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• So this weekend I'll throw up some poll threads and leave them open for a week. Then we can conclude this thing in time for the lotto. I can't wait to see the Minnesota rock the boat by stealing one of those top three picks.

Comment

• OR one idea is to release two polls at a time for voting and let those sit for two day and then close. If we did it that way this thing wraps up Sunday, May 14th which is two days prior to the lottery.

If everyone shows up to vote and discuss the polls over the two day soon of each poll it might lead to some very interesting league specific talk.

Comment

• i am fine with either method

Comment

• koncept wrote:
            put them all up at once i think, I'm sure a lot of ppl won't be checking every 2nd day.
            What kinda fan are you? Who doesn't check this site every 2 days at least? Mu goodness, the nerve!

Comment

• I want to dually nominate miekenstein for the biggest disssapointment, going an entire season without a win is a pretty big disappointment

for best trade id like to nominate:
              skywalker for trading away chandler parsons busted ass
              Apollo for trading to get Chris Paul
              and Joey for trading to norman and matthews to receive Klay Thompson

id also nominate realizer for smack talker of the year

best off season claim might have to be 007 for getting Eric Gordon

Game Breaker Ill nominate Joey for Dion Waiters pickup

best team builder id nominate 007, he had a stacked team but he had some great waiver/auction pickups.
              Last edited by koncept; Fri May 5, 2017, 03:46 PM.
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• The first two are up.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  So below you'll see some self determined awards and awards yet to be determined that the league needs to collectively decide on. First step is nominations, flip me those. I have entered some obvious nominations in some places. Then I'll set up threads with polls. The limit on nominations is ten per vote (I think) and that limit is due to the poll limits. So get nominating and then we can get this thing rolling.

Determined awards:

Airness Award
                  [The team who finished atop the His Airness Conference]
                  Winner: jbml for finishing 16-4

Wilt Award
                  [The team who finished atop the Wilt Conference]
                  Winner: 007 for finishing 20-0

Rocky Balboa Memorial Award
                  [Winner of the consolation playoff rounds]
                  Winner: Skywalker for winning the consolation brachet

Mr. Efficiency Award
                  [Fewest transactions on the season and make the playoffs]
                  Winner: Coach for finishing the year with two moves while making the playoffs

Vince Carter Award
                  [Pretty stats but no playoff glory]
                  Winner: jbml for entering the playoffs as a second seed and losing in the opening round.
                  My condolences to all you player-hater scallywags on winning the prized, no-nothing award you queens earned and deserved.

Enjoy your hot Summer evenings calmly unwinding in your above-ground swimming pools your kids and their friends all pissed in earlier, everyday.

Now hurry the hell up go to the next hole before me and my friends tee-up on you and your gangly group of ladymen at the public Par-3 golf course on weekends.

Snatch ya later! Oh yeah, your girlfriends and wives say hi!
                  RR OG

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                    best team builder id nominate 007, he had a stacked team but he had some great waiver/auction pickups.
                    Ya, I gotta agree here ... 007 certainly didn't just sit around and enjoy a built team .. he came in and made some great complimentary moves which made his team even better .. which is scary for the league as a whole. One can only look at WJFs near upset (and 7-day 'victory') as hope for the future. Haha

Comment

• Somebody is making a last ditched effort for the Glove Award.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Ya, I gotta agree here ... 007 certainly didn't just sit around and enjoy a built team .. he came in and made some great complimentary moves which made his team even better .. which is scary for the league as a whole. One can only look at WJFs near upset (and 7-day 'victory') as hope for the future. Haha
                        We need more than two guys are the card though. I'll pick three more if I don't get nominations before those awards go live.

Comment

We need more than two guys are the card though. I'll pick three more if I don't get nominations before those awards go live.
                          For Executive, I'd also nominate Axel. Has made some very solid moves in the past year to better his team.

Though, that said, I think a Truly Great Executive also shows great patience, and stick-to-itiveness, without panicking in the face of great obstacles, and I think Mack North gets a vote there as well. Though, on those credentials, I will also nominate myself. Haha

Comment

The first two are up.
                            ...now down three just like the Raps; and they're gone!

(High praise ode to the "Tempura" Trey Parker and "Meaty" Matt Stone gospel. Lorde here thy swear, la-la-la!) Khule!
                            RR OG

Comment

For Executive...

I think a Truly Great Executive also shows great patience, and stick-to-itiveness, without panicking in the face of great obstacles...
                              You speak no folly and I hear your plea in nominating the Executive Of The Year award candidate you just described and thus seek: Miekinstein
                              RR OG

Comment

For Executive, I'd also nominate Axel. Has made some very solid moves in the past year to better his team.

Though, that said, I think a Truly Great Executive also shows great patience, and stick-to-itiveness, without panicking in the face of great obstacles, and I think Mack North gets a vote there as well. Though, on those credentials, I will also nominate myself. Haha
                                Haha thanks for the compliment.

I just believe in "my guys" and hope for the best. I'm very weary of making deals since I believe my players are WAY better than anyone else's. That said, I still believe in my deal with you for Rudy G, as well as my deal with Apollo for CP3. It's gonna take some shrewd picks in the auction draft for me to remain a true contender though, no more injuries!

Comment

Working...
                                X