This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Gonna ask you guys in here as I may have a deal in the works with someone.

If I use one my resigns in a S&T deal, and the player I get back is signed already/is a DPE.... does that resign still count against my FA's?

Just asking in all fairness.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Based on my understanding no, because the other team had to re-sign that guy before dealing him to you. In this scenario you would have one re-sign left and the other person would have two, assuming they have only re-signed the DPE.

In the order of off-season trades involving FA's you must first re-sign and then trade and so you'll never find yourself signing someone else's FA outside of the draft auction.
        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 27, 2017, 07:49 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          this is what i found on the cba
          • All trades are fair game if it works within the Salary Cap. Any team that is over the cap, must take back equal or fewer years in any trade.

so owner one has used his two resigns but owner two hasn't. owner two can use one of his two resigns on one of his free agents and then move said free agent to owner one yes?
          Axel wrote: View Post
          Well resign rules would fall under resigns, not trades; but if owner 2 has an expiring free agent and hasn't used both of their resigns, then they are able to resign that player and trade them to another owner.
          Apollo wrote: View Post
          Based on my understanding no, because the other team had to re-sign that guy before dealing him to you. In this scenario you would have one re-sign left and the other person would have two, assuming they have only re-signed the DPE.

In the order of off-season trades involving FA's you must first re-sign and then trade and so you'll never find yourself signing someone else's FA outside of the draft auction.
          me and axel yesterday, as well.

Comment

• #14 and gp2 to cody for morris. cody will resign morris for two years and send him in a sign and trade.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              #14 and gp2 to cody for morris. cody will resign morris for two years and send him in a sign and trade.
              Haha Cody does trade into the draft after all.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Indeed I do. Note that I used a resign on Morris for this one to get done, GP2 has a DPE & I have a few targets at 14. I have a feeling my guy might slip through the cracks.... and if he does, I know I've netted a draft steal.

Plus, I couldn't decide between Morris & Williams, and resigning both was out of the question.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I knew he was all talk.

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Indeed I do. Note that I used a resign on Morris for this one to get done, GP2 has a DPE & I have a few targets at 14. I have a feeling my guy might slip through the cracks.... and if he does, I know I've netted a draft steal.

Plus, I couldn't decide between Morris & Williams, and resigning both was out of the question.
                  14 isn't a bad spot to be in this draft. You have a guy like Giles kicking around there who may be the next Greg Oden but he may also be a star in the making. I'm not sure if anyone would be brave enough to take him earlier than 14 but he was being talked about at the top of the lotto before his stretch of bad luck.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  #14 and gp2 to cody for morris. cody will resign morris for two years and send him in a sign and trade.
                  You're all in to beat Tucas' two win forecast. It's a nice trade for you if the goal is to make the playoffs.

Comment

• I don't get what people see in Giles. I don't like him a prospect at all.

TBH, There's 5 guys on my list... 2 were drafted in the top 10, the other 3 were later picks. That is all I'm saying.
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I don't get what people see in Giles. I don't like him a prospect at all.

TBH, There's 5 guys on my list... 2 were drafted in the top 10, the other 3 were later picks. That is all I'm saying.
                      I don't think you're getting anyone in that NBA top ten at your RRBA #14 but crazier things have happened, like GPII going in the RRBA draft last year.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I don't think you're getting anyone in that NBA top ten at your RRBA #14 but crazier things have happened, like GPII going in the RRBA draft last year.
                        lol. i believe in gp2 still. couldn't waste the cap years this year though

Comment

• Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            I don't get what people see in Giles. I don't like him a prospect at all.

So your list is 8th, 9th, 1th, 12th, 13th ....and you're picking 14th....
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So your list is 8th, 9th, 1th, 12th, 13th ....and you're picking 14th....
                              Nah. Some guys are farther down, I just don't want what happened last year to happen again with Prince & Poeltl last year to happen again unless no-one on my board is left.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Prince was a good pick last year. Hopefully your #14 repeats that success and takes the sting out of rostering a d-leaguer.

Comment

Working...
                                X