This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Then that's what happens if were going off the NBA rule set for picks. I was the 3rd worst team in the league and I don't even own a pick because the previous GM traded it away. Is that fair in your eyes? Then this also should be fair. End of story. Dan gets the #3 pick under the swapping rights established in a real NBA trade if he was paired with Philly & Ax was paired with the Kings.
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    It sucks for you but yes, it is fair because you're being impacted by trades that actually happened in this league. You didn't lose your pick because of something the Kings did, you lost your pick because of something Snooch did.
    yeah, it is different cody. we use the league lottery to stream line ourselves not having to make a random draw that no one can actually verify except whoever does the draw. imagine if we all agreed to let joey do a league lottery and he won and told us to respect the results.

each owner has full control of his team here and this is just a fair impartial way for our own lottery to go.

also, when i made the trades for snooch's/your picks i was on a downward trajectory and grabbing as many picks as i could. they didn't actually become valuable until snooch destroyed that team. snooch was making such bad trades at the end that joey froze him out while he was kicked out of the league.

edit add: snooch had westbrook and whiteside on his team before the end, if i remember right.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed May 17, 2017, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Another question I'd ask is what about NBA trades on draft night where the draft order changes before the selections are made? Those trade swaps aren't different than these "auto" triggered swaps. So in this case what if the Wolves trade up to #1? Now I score the top pick and for Miek it's tough luck? That don't seem right at all. Miek didn't win a game, I won seven and our lotto odds are supposed to reflect that.

Comment

• To weigh in, the third pick absolutely is mine. I owned the odds tied to Sacramento and those ended up third.

Pre-existing NBA trades to swap rights is irrelevant. If the Lakers had dropped out and had to convey their pick to Philly, we wouldn't have forced our owners to give up the Lakers pick entirely because it is in essence happening in a reality alternate to our own. If you start to tie those NBA realities on then you significantly increase the risk associated with trading picks. Absolutely no way to have predicted that my pick would have ended up tied to the Kings who happen to have trade swap conditions. If we do that then Miek's pick is Brooklyn's which is 27th overall instead of first. That is the theory being thrown around here with my pick but in a more extreme example.

As to where I was during all the festivities, won't lie, was 100% asleep in bed before 8pm (Atlantic time). Kids do a number on your sleep patterns and it eventually catches up to you.

So if it comes down to a fight to the death between Dan and I, my logic above is my chief weapon, as the pen is mightier than the sword......

But for backup I'll have
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• While he isn't as bad ass as Rambo, on the Rambo Bad Ass Scale I'd give your Raptor homicidal maniac a solid seven grenades out of ten. Ten being Rambo and one being Adam Silver.

Comment

• Without bothering to go back and find Joey's post with the post lotto order, important to remember that it is the regular season standings that determines the order, the playoff results have no bearing. Based on that, my eye balls think Tucas's looks more correct.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Without bothering to go back and find Joey's post with the post lotto order, important to remember that it is the regular season standings that determines the order, the playoff results have no bearing. Based on that, my eye balls think Tucas's looks more correct.
              Then how are ties broken?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Then how are ties broken?
                Same way as ever, Yahoo. Standings always have numbered rankings, and that is where we go.

Comment

• I can definitely see an argument for both ways, so unless it comes to a vote then I'm good with either Axel or Dan getting the 3rd selection.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    I can definitely see an argument for both ways, so unless it comes to a vote then I'm good with either Axel or Dan getting the 3rd selection.
                    I honestly don't see any logic for Dan getting the pick, so would you be kind enough to provide it?

Comment

• So is this right:

Position/Name/Original record tied to pick
                      1 . Miek ( 0 - 20 - 0 )
                      2 . Miek (via Cody) ( 4 - 16 - 0 )
                      3 . Axel ( 10 - 9 - 1 )
                      4 . Joey ( 4 - 16 - 0 )
                      5 . Dan ( 5 - 14 - 1 )
                      6 . Axel via Tucas ( 6 - 14 - 0 )
                      7 . Apollo ( 7 - 13 - 0 )
                      8 . drizz ( 10 - 10 - 0 )
                      9 . REALIZAR ( 10 - 9 - 1 )
                      10 . koncept ( 11 - 8 - 1 )
                      11 . Mack ( 12 - 8 - 0 )
                      12 . WJF via SW ( 14 - 6 - 0 )
                      13 . The Coach ( 14 - 5 - 1 )
                      14 . WJF ( 14 - 5 - 1 )
                      15 . jbml ( 16 - 4 - 0 )
                      16 . SW via 007 ( 20 - 0 - 0 )

So Cody, Tucas and 007 are spectators... For now.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 17, 2017, 08:18 AM. Reason: Correction.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Non-Lotto Selections:
                        9. REALIZAR
                        10. koncept
                        11. Mack North Posse
                        12. WJF via Skywalker
                        13. Coach
                        14. WJF
                        15. jbml
                        16. Skywalker via 007
                        Here is Joey's post on the matter on April 14th.

Comment

• Guys, obviously Axel should pick third and me 5th. The point of attaching to teams was just to get tied to the lotto luck - including pick swaps would be silly.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Here is Joey's post on the matter on April 14th.
                            Hang on, let me update my post.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 17, 2017, 08:18 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Axel, that order is based on playoff influence...
                              Well you can take that up with Joey, but WJF was in the Finals and wasn't listed as 2nd last pick, so I'm not sure you are correct.

I haven't verified any of the info, I just know that regular season standings is the rule, so who ever can confirm would be correct. Joey's post from April 14th seems correct but even the all mighty tyrant Joey can make mistakes.

Comment

• Updated. So is Miek, Miek, Axel, Joey, Dan, Axel, Apollo, drizz, Realizar, koncept, Mack, WJF, Coach, WJF, jbml, SW.

Now I can start looking at deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X