Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad I lucked into Ben Simmons though. He would still probably be #1 this year.

Comment

• building through the draft is not a sure thing!

like you guys are saying there are always weak years. heck lots of the studs found are sometimes drafted in the 12-16 range as well. in 2015 year i drafted D'angelo Russell at 2, Mario Hezonja at 5, and Devin Booker at 12!!! the first 2 guys may (or may not, time will tell) end up being starters/stars/busts or contributors, but u can never tell who's going to be a star.

all that being said, this years draft looks amazing....
      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Yeah, good point. Hezonja does look like a complete bust.

Building through the draft isn't a sure thing but it's easier to find a stud there than via free agency. Looking through the cap sheets you'll find that just about everybody is being watchful of how many expiring contracts they have year to year. So, the likelihood of getting a star that way is almost nonexistent. Even if one turns up you'll have three or four guys bidding max money on him. To get one about to blow off the WW is also a tough task in a competitive league like this. Trades aren't easy either.

Comment

• I'm just saying that yes the #1 pick usually going to be a star, but not always, theres years of weak draft classes where the studs are found past the first 4 picks. also the worst record can be jumped by a fluke lotto ball year....

it is hard to find guys in FA and WW but it happens every year... I got nikola jokic in the draft for a few bucks... i believe someone grabbed whiteside mid season for less than max money as well....

obviously drafting is one way to do it (i sold all my sh*t for 4 picks in one year) but its not a guarantee.....
          in masai we trust

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
            I'm just saying that yes the #1 pick usually going to be a star, but not always, theres years of weak draft classes where the studs are found past the first 4 picks. also the worst record can be jumped by a fluke lotto ball year....

it is hard to find guys in FA and WW but it happens every year... I got nikola jokic in the draft for a few bucks... i believe someone grabbed whiteside mid season for less than max money as well....

obviously drafting high has better chances but it doesn't guarantee anything.
            Definitely agree that "building through the draft" is risky as hell, BUT I'd say it generally has the highest possible reward as well.

I think like with anything in life, you need to diversify; dabble in a little bit of everything for maximum results.

Slightly unrelated, but isn't this League just the best? Am I right or amiright?
            We've got a pretty damn good thing figured out here, if I do say so myself.

Comment

• let me also be clarify that this years draft class looks f'n amazing... so yeah.. if you're drafting this year chances are you'll get a great player.

and yes... exactly... diversifying is key. really depends on what position you're in. skywalker has been successful for a long time and hasn't drafted in years.... whatever works for you. pretty nice how each we learn more strategies as the league goes on.. i.e. mchappy practicing bidding 200$ as fast as he can... trading 1 year deals etc
              Last edited by koncept; Mon Jan 30, 2017, 07:11 PM.
              in masai we trust

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Yeah, good point. Hezonja does look like a complete bust.
                haha... may very well be true. but I didn't want to use my #5 pick on a "safe" bet like Okafor or Stanley Johnson or Winslow, it was swing for the fences pick... TBD!
                in masai we trust

Comment

• Dion Waiters just named "Player of the Week" for the Eastern Conference.
                  The Monstars couldn't be more of proud him. We knew he had it in him.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                    let me also be clarify that this years draft class looks f'n amazing... so yeah.. if you're drafting this year chances are you'll get a great player.
                    Tucas must really hate comments like this.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Holy, only 6 more weeks until the playoffs! Time flies!!

**Tucas set your lineups this week!! Lol

Comment

• They say nearly every year that "ohhhh this is gonna be a great class". I say story up, 'cause they're mostly pretty junk aside from a couple guys scattered throughout each draft. JMO!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          **Tucas set your lineups this week!! Lol
                          Shhhh
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm really happy with where Chriss is headed. While he won't do it every night this season, last night he posted 20pts, 6reb, 2stl, 1blk and 2treys. Only 19 with sky high upside, I'm glad I was able to trade for him. He's playing multiple positions so hopefully Yahoo picks up on that soon. I think he would be a high lotto pick had he come out this year. It's such a guard heavy draft that he might have went higher, who knows.

Comment

• Wade Baldwin got cut? Cody, I get you have no incentive to sit and wait on him given that you have no picks. I still like his upside and might have considered signing him again if I had two years of cap space free.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Wade Baldwin got cut? Cody, I get you have no incentive to sit and wait on him given that you have no picks. I still like his upside and might have considered signing him again if I had two years of cap space free.
                                It's the curse of the Snooch rearing it's ugly head! The franchise is doomed lol

Comment

Working...
                                X