This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    with regards to coach's question. i asked this before as well when cody and i were negotiating, if coach's trade partner was willing to sign said player upon receiving him, so it isn't just a dump, why not? i would think that the person on the receiving end of a player that also needs to be signed would get good value back for such a favour or the sender would get good value for giving someone who messed up their end of year roster a usable player.
    Thought process is roughly built around: you can't trade a player not under contract and we have limited resigns to help promote good building (wouldn't be as much a challenge with unlimited resigns) while also trying to ensure the auction has good players.

Free agents can't be traded in the NBA, not even their rights (overseas players are different case) for RFAs. Since we are trying to emulate the real NBA model, there is no real justification for this to exist in our league.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Thought process is roughly built around: you can't trade a player not under contract and we have limited resigns to help promote good building (wouldn't be as much a challenge with unlimited resigns) while also trying to ensure the auction has good players.

Free agents can't be traded in the NBA, not even their rights (overseas players are different case) for RFAs. Since we are trying to emulate the real NBA model, there is no real justification for this to exist in our league.
      Hit the nail on the head, Axel. This is why I didn't get mad when I had to sign Morris for Miek to get the #14 pick back. It just sucks that I wasn't able to also sign C.J. Miles.... as he was a killer for me down the stretch & you need good 3 point shooters.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Dan, do you for real have 5 draft picks next year, and 3 the year after?? LOL That's next level.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Dan, do you for real have 5 draft picks next year, and 3 the year after?? LOL That's next level.
          Yep! Though one of the 2018's is conditional and might never transfer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• You need to expand your scouting department!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Dan, do you for real have 5 draft picks next year, and 3 the year after?? LOL That's next level.
              Dan's going for a team of all DPE players
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The way he's going we might want to rename it the Dan Player Exception.

Comment

• If I was Dan, I'd be looking at trying to use those picks in trades unlike another Dan who had all the picks he could ever want.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification... not trying to change rules and appreciate the way it's setup.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• So the deadline for roster submission is end of day today, correct?

Comment

• Also, I see a mistake in Dan's submission. The Miek pick is 2018, not 2019. This is pretty significant because Miek is one year away from being one year away.

That puts Dan in at SIX draft picks in the upcoming draft. Dan owns 38% of the class of 2018... I heard the draft is gonna be weak. LOL

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          So the deadline for roster submission is end of day today, correct?
                          I am curious, have we always submitted rosters before the FA Auction

Comment

Also, I see a mistake in Dan's submission. The Miek pick is 2018, not 2019. This is pretty significant because Miek is one year away from being one year away.

That puts Dan in at SIX draft picks in the upcoming draft. Dan owns 38% of the class of 2018... I heard the draft is gonna be weak. LOL
                            You have my 2018, sent it to axel. Dan has my 2019 and the conditional Cody pick

Comment

So the deadline for roster submission is end of day today, correct?
                              jbml wrote: View Post
                              I am curious, have we always submitted rosters before the FA Auction
                              I think there was a backlog and we are helping tucas out. If your roster is correct in the original post there is no need to submit the roster again. Resigns and rookie deals are due today.

Comment

Also, I see a mistake in Dan's submission. The Miek pick is 2018, not 2019. This is pretty significant because Miek is one year away from being one year away.

Oh, it's definitely got 2000 written all over it. I'm so glad I traded out of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X