Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we re-sign Kyle Lowry next year or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we re-sign Kyle Lowry next year or not?

Just to put some action in the last stretch before training camp.

Yes.

Comment

I think that whether or not they do depends heavily on how this year plays out. Another deep playoff run to the ECF would reaffirm what they did this past season and cement them as more than a One Year Wonder, whereas an early playoff exit could muddle things. Masai has talked too much about continuity over the years to suddenly cast Kyle aside, but if he starts showing signs of decline or injuries creep up on him due to overuse and his grinding style of play, its a decision that can't be made lightly. He's still the Raptors undisputed best player and leader, though he'll be 31 next summer. As a PG in today's NBA, that's old. The only PG's I can think of that kept up elite play or improved with age are Nash and Chris Paul-- injuries have crept up on Tony Parker, and Popovich heavily restricts his minutes. I wouldn't re-sign Lowry, but I suspect that the Raptors will.

Comment

Yes.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Yes.
          Is Masai going to give him a max contract though?

Comment

Is this a serious question?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Is this a serious question?
              Kyle is a winner. I love him, but I'm kinda worried about offering him a long term max$$ contract. 31 years old.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Kyle is a winner. I love him, but I'm kinda worried about offering him a long term max$$ contract. 31 years old.
                I'm thinking 3-4 years.

NBA players usually starts to slow down at the age of 35. Kyle is only 31.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
                  I think that whether or not they do depends heavily on how this year plays out. Another deep playoff run to the ECF would reaffirm what they did this past season and cement them as more than a One Year Wonder, whereas an early playoff exit could muddle things. Masai has talked too much about continuity over the years to suddenly cast Kyle aside, but if he starts showing signs of decline or injuries creep up on him due to overuse and his grinding style of play, its a decision that can't be made lightly. He's still the Raptors undisputed best player and leader, though he'll be 31 next summer. As a PG in today's NBA, that's old. The only PG's I can think of that kept up elite play or improved with age are Nash and Chris Paul-- injuries have crept up on Tony Parker, and Popovich heavily restricts his minutes. I wouldn't re-sign Lowry, but I suspect that the Raptors will.
                  I do like the idea of bringing him back on less MPG with Cory getting a bit more run.

Comment

Is Masai going to give him a max contract though?
                    I doubt he gets the max and I doubt the market drives his price that high. It's possible a bottom feeder could offer a huge contract, but unlikely he takes it. Probably a deal in line with DeMar's salary.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      I doubt he gets the max and I doubt the market drives his price that high. It's possible a bottom feeder could offer a huge contract, but unlikely he takes it. Probably a deal in line with DeMar's salary.

Comment

Exactly my point.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

LOL. BC gonna BC.....

Comment

Wait until season is over, then we can assess the team's internal growth, teams needs and whether Lowry has regressed or CoJo elevated his game (or Powell can play PG) I think the Raptors will get to the East semi-finals but beyond that is pending the match up which won't be easy either way.

Comment

Yes, we re sign him but it won't help us take the next step. I am not sure how this team avoids the situation the pacers are in right now in two years time. Paul George being the only player from their back to back eastern conference seasons.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X