Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we re-sign Kyle Lowry next year or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    How do you figure? Last season his elbow gave him trouble, year before I believe it had more to do with his back but there were a variety of bumps and bruises. I've never heard anything about a knee problem. Haven't seen it give him trouble, either.
    "Arthritis often developed over time. 27% of patients had evidence of osteoarthritis five years after surgery. 51% showed changes at 15 years, and 61% had osteoarthritis findings at 20 years. Only 20% of patients, though, exhibited moderate osteoarthritis, and none had severe OA changes.

A large percentage of patients suffer another injury. 36% of the patients had suffered a rupture of either the opposite knee’s ACL or tore the graft in the surgical knee."

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      "Arthritis often developed over time. 27% of patients had evidence of osteoarthritis five years after surgery. 51% showed changes at 15 years, and 61% had osteoarthritis findings at 20 years. Only 20% of patients, though, exhibited moderate osteoarthritis, and none had severe OA changes.

A large percentage of patients suffer another injury. 36% of the patients had suffered a rupture of either the opposite knee’s ACL or tore the graft in the surgical knee."
      That's it?
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Remember when Mark Cuban thought he was outsmarting Steve Nash's injury risk? I'd err on the side of keeping a best player a bit too long rather than getting rid of them too early. It's practically impossible to predict an individual player's future health decline.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          Remember when Mark Cuban thought he was outsmarting Steve Nash's injury risk? I'd err on the side of keeping a best player a bit too long rather than getting rid of them too early. It's practically impossible to predict an individual player's future health decline.
          I agree with this, Masai would look like a fool if he let Kyle go for nothing. Kyle is the guy, he wins us games.

Comment

Should we??? Well if there was a possibility of a 3 yr (there isnt I know) then yes but in reality he is getting the max or very near it from us for 5 years and the last couple are going to be incredibly painful for us and just unbelievable that we are totally capped out for the forseeable future.

Better pray Masai doesnt go super safe with his draft picks again next season and tries to find some upside. OG Anunoby and Jonathan Jeanne are leading candidates imo for my far too early draft picks.

Comment

I say sign him up...who are we going to get that's better and I think it would be a good idea to just keeping winning for a while. I really want that 50 wins is the floor identity that a lot of the good teams have. I think he can play at a high level for at least 3 out of a 5 year max and he does enough that the last two years wont suck (barring injury)
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

CoJo got rich as his back up, I say sign both and run them at 3/4 speed for half this season and all seasons thereafter.

KLOE. Even 5 year deals.

Cojo is a GREAT backup. Maybe a solid to good starter........ [PAGE BREAK] should be a scrypt option.............
                Not a top 5 PG challenger. Moreover we aren't turning any number of our players into top 5 replacement without unsettling whatever balance/stability we've achieved elsewhere in the lineup.

Kyle's contract isn't the gap in our championship formula. The "4" spot is.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                  CoJo got rich as his back up, I say sign both and run them at 3/4 speed for half this season and all seasons thereafter.

KLOE. Even 5 year deals.

Cojo is a GREAT backup. Maybe a solid to good starter........ [PAGE BREAK] should be a scrypt option.............
                  Not a top 5 PG challenger. Moreover we aren't turning any number of our players into top 5 replacement without unsettling whatever balance/stability we've achieved elsewhere in the lineup.

Kyle's contract isn't the gap in our championship formula. The "4" spot is.
                  And most importantly, with or without him we are going to have a very hard time coming up with cap space to chase a top level free agent, so might as well be with him.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

we should trade him and release others to take on the grizz's 155 pg ...he says with complete sarcasm

Comment

Lowry could potentially become the NBA's highest paid player in 2017-18. An 11-year veteran, he'd be eligible for a starting salary of $33.5 million and a five-year total of $196 million if he got a max deal.

He will be 31 years old.

Good for Kyle if he can get it... One would really have to think long and hard about paying a 35 year old PG north of $40M at the tail end of the deal though.

Tough call.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        t... One would really have to think long and hard about paying a 35 year old PG north of $40M at the tail end of the deal though.
                        Might depend on what he what able to accomplish in the first 3-4 years of the deal though. :-)

Comment

Lowry could potentially become the NBA's highest paid player in 2017-18. An 11-year veteran, he'd be eligible for a starting salary of $33.5 million and a five-year total of $196 million if he got a max deal.

He will be 31 years old.

Good for Kyle if he can get it... One would really have to think long and hard about paying a 35 year old PG north of $40M at the tail end of the deal though.

Tough call.
                          Good lord.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Good lord.
                            Personally I can't see him getting the max at 33.5 and a 5 year term ...but its within he reason he could get Conley money ..

Sphincter tightener (both upper and lower) on that decision eh ?
                            - TGO

Comment

Personally I can't see him getting the max at 33.5 and a 5 year term ...but its within he reason he could get Conley money ..

Sphincter tightener (both upper and lower) on that decision eh ?
                              I'd give him Conley money with zero hesitation, personally.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                I'd give him Conley money with zero hesitation, personally.
                                Your braver than I am on that call...
                                Its not the money... Its the age...

When Conleys deal expires he is 32
                                Kyle will be 35 if he gets the same 5 year 30M per year deal on the last year of it...
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X