Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we re-sign Kyle Lowry next year or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factor in the fact that Cojo will also be FA a year later.

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose 76ers over us. There's no place like home.

Comment

It depends on the circumstances, how long of a deal he wants & if we cannot get good value for him via the trade market.

I have doubt in my mind that Masai tried to deal DD at the trade deadline last year. When that fell through, he went ahead and resigned him, allowing us to make a flexible choice if needed with Lowry.

I love Lowry, I think he's the 4th best PG in the league (Westbrook, Lillard & Curry are all ahead of him. Lowry's value to us is higher then CP3's value to the Clippers, IMO.), yet his age does factor in a lot of what-if's.

If he wants no more than 3 years, sign him up. If he wants a long-term commitment, K-Low has to go.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

This is an interest extension for Masai because Kyle should be pushing for a long term deal (the last big cash contract of his career) while Masai will want to keep options open (movable money or team option). My gut says Kyle signs for 4 years taking a bit more money to let go of the 5th year but you never know, a team like Philly could push hard with their max offer. If the team falters this season, who knows.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
            Lowry is more valuable to the Raptors than any other team. Same with DeMar. They've committed to being a pretty good team for the foreseeable future, which means they'll continue to be profitable and make the playoffs. Losing him for nothing would cause a nosedive in the standings and nullify the continuity they've fostered for the last 3 seasons.

Pretty much. Barring bringing in a superstar that gives them a legitimate chance of getting past LeBron, they'll continue to tread water as Lowry ages. Some fans are okay with that. Some aren't.
            Lowry is...mark my words....going to "age" VERY well. Watch how he continues to be an all star. All NBA team. Top 3 point guard. AND HE'LL get better. He's a legitimate MVP candidate. Top 5 in that case. Dude is a baller. Best player on our team.

Comment

He's better than Lillard.

Comment

CalibreMC wrote: View Post
                Lowry is...mark my words....going to "age" VERY well. Watch how he continues to be an all star. All NBA team. Top 3 point guard. AND HE'LL get better. He's a legitimate MVP candidate. Top 5 in that case. Dude is a baller. Best player on our team.

Comment

Stop it with that he's going to "age" very well. We don't know shit... don't forget his acl is already surgically repaired.

I agree with everything else.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Stop it with that he's going to "age" very well. We don't know shit... don't forget his acl is already surgically repaired.

I agree with everything else.
                    Lol kyle tore his acl between high school and college..I think he's ok now.

I agree with everything else
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Lol kyle tore his acl between high school and college..I think he's ok now.

I agree with everything else
                      I was just pointing out that he had an acl surgery already. I think he's ok too, but I'm pretty sure he's already suffering from wear and tear arthritis on that knee.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Anyone else noticing a flood of pop-ups when clicking on links in the forum? Had to throw on my AdBlocker.

... anyway, yeah I'd give Kyle the max. He's more important to this team's success than DeMar. So whatever DD got is what I'd give Kyle.. maybe even more. The age thing is a concern, but Kyle is so important to the short term success of this team. He's all we got really, unless Powell turns into something. So if it screws up the cap in his 4th/5th year then we bite the bullet and tank with a bloated cap. It happens all the time.

We are so screwed if Kyle is not a member of this team next year.
                        I'd trade a trip to ECF (even 2/3 years) then take a chance that
                        a. Kyle still has a bit left or
                        b. CoJo or ?? are ready.
                        Unfortunately some bottom feeder probably gives him a max (say his hometown 76ers?) -then is that important or does he take a bit less like DD & be happy? I am leaning towards the latter & would be more than willing to take a chance (even on a 5 year near max).

Comment

I was just pointing out that he had an acl surgery already. I think he's ok too, but I'm pretty sure he's already suffering from wear and tear arthritis on that knee.
                          -Generally players that tear ACL & rehab properly (to get to shape he did last year, he must have) -knee is stronger than before (esp after what 10 yrs);
                          -Not sure what ACL tear has to do with arthritis?
                          If you want to argue that nearly every NBA player eventually develops arthritis, I agree.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                            -Generally players that tear ACL & rehab properly (to get to shape he did last year, he must have) -knee is stronger than before (esp after what 10 yrs);
                            -Not sure what ACL tear has to do with arthritis?
                            If you want to argue that nearly every NBA player eventually develops arthritis, I agree.
                            Pretty much nothing, or so I thought until my big sis got diagnosed with osteoarthritis. She tore her acl back in high school, 12 years ago. There's no overwhelming proof of links between acl surgery and future knee problems(although there are few studies about this.), but doc told her that most people(especially athletes) who have had an acl surgery develop some sort of joint disease/wear-and-tear arthritis on repaired knee.

Comment

CalibreMC wrote: View Post
                              Defense: yes. Offense: close, but no.

Comment

How do you figure? Last season his elbow gave him trouble, year before I believe it had more to do with his back but there were a variety of bumps and bruises. I've never heard anything about a knee problem. Haven't seen it give him trouble, either.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X