• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumping Ross

New Orleans gets: Terrence Ross, Kyle O'Quinn

Toronto gets: Dante Cunningham, Quincy Pondexter

New York gets: Alexis Ajinca

Why each team does this deal:

Toronto- Needs a big guy who can defend and shoot 3's (Cunningham hit them at 36% last year, making 55 3-balls) along with a backup SF. This trade gives us both while dealing Ross, allowing Powell to claim the backup SG minutes. Quincy & Cunningham fit our system and are both great role players with good contracts in place.

New Orleans- A backup 4 to replace Cunningham and a SG/SF to challenge Buddy Hield for the starting gig is helpful to this team, especially when Eric Gordon gets injured every other game. Ross also doubles as a 6th man option for them, considering Ryan Anderson is gone.

New York- O'Quinn for Ajinca is a fair deal and is technically a wash to get the real deal to go through. Essentially a cap space for cap space deal.

Thoughts, fellas? I really thought this one out, and it's been a while since I did a trade proposal. My last one was for Luke Babbit, and it got very little response.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Pro tip: stop trying to trade for Luke Babbitt and Dante Cunningham and you'll get more response.

To me, playing around the edges won't get this team anywhere. A big upgrade is needed somewhere to take another step, so I'd rather keep Ross to be a piece for that trade than swap him for mediocre pieces.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Pro tip: stop trying to trade for Luke Babbitt and Dante Cunningham and you'll get more response.

To me, playing around the edges won't get this team anywhere. A big upgrade is needed somewhere to take another step, so I'd rather keep Ross to be a piece for that trade than swap him for mediocre pieces.
      Sometimes a role player/stopgap guy is better than breaking the bank.

People think we need another star guy to take a step forward, but we have a Big 3 already in place.

If you want a star guy for Ross, a pick's gotta go in the deal. I'd rather keep the picks we have in place to get some young guys.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Sometimes a role player/stopgap guy is better than breaking the bank.

People think we need another star guy to take a step forward, but we have a Big 3 already in place.

If you want a star guy for Ross, a pick's gotta go in the deal. I'd rather keep the picks we have in place to get some young guys.
        I'd rather trade for the star than keep all our late first round picks...
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
        X