Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: What are the odds?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What are the odds?

    Game time. What are the odds?

    Post a question and let the maniacs answer.

    I'll start.

    What are the odds JV AND Ross both finish the year as raptors?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    11,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    50/50? I see JV getting traded as incredibly unlikely. But Ross is almost certain to be the centrepiece (financially) of any big trade, and I peg said big trade at about 50/50 to happen at all.

    What are the odds the Raptors reach the ECF again?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    50/50? I see JV getting traded as incredibly unlikely. But Ross is almost certain to be the centrepiece (financially) of any big trade, and I peg said big trade at about 50/50 to happen at all.

    What are the odds the Raptors reach the ECF again?
    Nice Dan, agreed!

    I'm going to pull a homer card and say it's 60/40 raps make the ECF. I think Masai sees the team maxed out its talent last year, so he's going to try to make a major move to get a star. Here's betting that it happens!

    What are the odds DeMar extends his range to the 3 point line?

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Nice Dan, agreed!

    I'm going to pull a homer card and say it's 60/40 raps make the ECF. I think Masai sees the team maxed out its talent last year, so he's going to try to make a major move to get a star. Here's betting that it happens!

    What are the odds DeMar extends his range to the 3 point line?
    Well he shot 33.8% from there last year. I think he probably stays at about the same percentage since I don't think developing a solid 3 pt shot is a priority for him anymore.

    What are the odds that 2 Pat ends up becoming the starting PF sometime throughout the year?
    "Oh my god man" - Jonas Valanciunas

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Well he shot 33.8% from there last year. I think he probably stays at about the same percentage since I don't think developing a solid 3 pt shot is a priority for him anymore.

    What are the odds that 2 Pat ends up becoming the starting PF sometime throughout the year?
    I'd say 50/50. If sully really sucks Casey will be forced to start 2pats. He won't make the same mistake as last year.

    What are the odds Kyle is all-NBA again.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    I'd say 50/50. If sully really sucks Casey will be forced to start 2pats. He won't make the same mistake as last year.

    What are the odds Kyle is all-NBA again.
    75%+, if he plays like last year and the team wins he should get in again.

    what are the odds demar gets all nba honors?

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    75%+, if he plays like last year and the team wins he should get in again.

    what are the odds demar gets all nba honors?
    10%. There are too many solid, 2-way guards in the league for DeMar to make an All-NBA team unless he has another career year offensively and he takes a huge leap defensively.

    What are the odds that the Raptors hold on to all 3 (2 firsts and a 2nd) of their 2017 draft picks?

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    I'd say 50/50. If sully really sucks Casey will be forced to start 2pats. He won't make the same mistake as last year.

    What are the odds Kyle is all-NBA again.
    80% chance he will be, maybe more. His Olympic experience will have simultaneously increased his motivation and kept him from getting out of shape in the off-season. And he's been improving every year here even without that added fuel.

    What are the odds that Siakam will be getting minutes off the bench at the end of the year?

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Game time. What are the odds?

    Post a question and let the maniacs answer.

    I'll start.

    What are the odds JV AND Ross both finish the year as raptors?
    80/20. IF a big trade occurs most likely TR not JV will be involved but unless the right offer presents itself I doubt MU will part with TR.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think there is a 100% chance that the odds are 50/50 that a quarter of the roster will be dealing with injuries when they playoffs arrives, increasing the 1/10 chance of us winning the championship by 10% that we will lose in the first round to a team with 0% chance of winning the nba title if they have to play on sundays when its raining

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    4,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What are the odds Norman Powell plays more minutes than Terrence Ross off the bench?
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    What are the odds Norman Powell plays more minutes than Terrence Ross off the bench?
    0. because casey is gonna need to showcase ross in order to trade him.

    what are the odds that poetl will be a surprise and fan favourite like biyombo was?

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    0. because casey is gonna need to showcase ross in order to trade him.

    what are the odds that poetl will be a surprise and fan favourite like biyombo was?
    Well Casey said that he's been highly impressed with both Jakob and Pascal so that's good to hear. So I think the odds are high
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran Jangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,775
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Well Casey said that he's been highly impressed with both Jakob and Pascal so that's good to hear. So I think the odds are high
    Casey also supposedly likes JV too

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jangles wrote: View Post
    Casey also supposedly likes JV too
    Lol this is true. I guess I shouldn't believe anything he says really
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    What are the chances Raptors get the first seed ?
    .01%. Only way if LeBron has serious injury.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Well Casey said that he's been highly impressed with both Jakob and Pascal so that's good to hear. So I think the odds are high
    Of course he's going to say he's impressed with them, they just drafted the dudes.

    Plus, he won't have a choice but to play atleast one of them when JV inevitably gets injured.

    What are the odds we trade JV, Ross, Poetl and 2 picks for Cousins?

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    11,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Of course he's going to say he's impressed with them, they just drafted the dudes.

    Plus, he won't have a choice but to play atleast one of them when JV inevitably gets injured.

    What are the odds we trade JV, Ross, Poetl and 2 picks for Cousins?
    Pretty close to zero.

    What are the odds Joseph plays as many total minutes as last season?

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Pretty close to zero.

    What are the odds Joseph plays as many total minutes as last season?
    Lol, one can dream.

    100%. With Delon injured for the foreseeable future there aren't any real options. I could see some ultra small Lowry, CJ and Pow Pow line ups that would be a lot of fun.

    What are the odds JV plays 77 and games this year (regular season)?

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Lol, one can dream.

    100%. With Delon injured for the foreseeable future there aren't any real options. I could see some ultra small Lowry, CJ and Pow Pow line ups that would be a lot of fun.

    What are the odds JV plays 77 and games this year (regular season)?
    The odds JV plays 77 or more games are very very low. Its tough tough going inside and banging bodies with other dudes who weight over 260 lbs on a nightly basis is hazardous work. Big men get hurt. I'd put it at 500:1 that he plays north of 77 games.

    What are the odds Bebe gets hurt or strains or pulls something in training camp and starts the season on IR ?
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 26th, 2016 at 09:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •