Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: What are the odds?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What are the odds?

    Game time. What are the odds?

    Post a question and let the maniacs answer.

    I'll start.

    What are the odds JV AND Ross both finish the year as raptors?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    11,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    50/50? I see JV getting traded as incredibly unlikely. But Ross is almost certain to be the centrepiece (financially) of any big trade, and I peg said big trade at about 50/50 to happen at all.

    What are the odds the Raptors reach the ECF again?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    50/50? I see JV getting traded as incredibly unlikely. But Ross is almost certain to be the centrepiece (financially) of any big trade, and I peg said big trade at about 50/50 to happen at all.

    What are the odds the Raptors reach the ECF again?
    Nice Dan, agreed!

    I'm going to pull a homer card and say it's 60/40 raps make the ECF. I think Masai sees the team maxed out its talent last year, so he's going to try to make a major move to get a star. Here's betting that it happens!

    What are the odds DeMar extends his range to the 3 point line?

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Nice Dan, agreed!

    I'm going to pull a homer card and say it's 60/40 raps make the ECF. I think Masai sees the team maxed out its talent last year, so he's going to try to make a major move to get a star. Here's betting that it happens!

    What are the odds DeMar extends his range to the 3 point line?
    Well he shot 33.8% from there last year. I think he probably stays at about the same percentage since I don't think developing a solid 3 pt shot is a priority for him anymore.

    What are the odds that 2 Pat ends up becoming the starting PF sometime throughout the year?
    "Oh my god man" - Jonas Valanciunas

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Game time. What are the odds?

    Post a question and let the maniacs answer.

    I'll start.

    What are the odds JV AND Ross both finish the year as raptors?
    80/20. IF a big trade occurs most likely TR not JV will be involved but unless the right offer presents itself I doubt MU will part with TR.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Well he shot 33.8% from there last year. I think he probably stays at about the same percentage since I don't think developing a solid 3 pt shot is a priority for him anymore.

    What are the odds that 2 Pat ends up becoming the starting PF sometime throughout the year?
    I'd say 50/50. If sully really sucks Casey will be forced to start 2pats. He won't make the same mistake as last year.

    What are the odds Kyle is all-NBA again.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    I'd say 50/50. If sully really sucks Casey will be forced to start 2pats. He won't make the same mistake as last year.

    What are the odds Kyle is all-NBA again.
    75%+, if he plays like last year and the team wins he should get in again.

    what are the odds demar gets all nba honors?

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    I'd say 50/50. If sully really sucks Casey will be forced to start 2pats. He won't make the same mistake as last year.

    What are the odds Kyle is all-NBA again.
    80% chance he will be, maybe more. His Olympic experience will have simultaneously increased his motivation and kept him from getting out of shape in the off-season. And he's been improving every year here even without that added fuel.

    What are the odds that Siakam will be getting minutes off the bench at the end of the year?

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    75%+, if he plays like last year and the team wins he should get in again.

    what are the odds demar gets all nba honors?
    10%. There are too many solid, 2-way guards in the league for DeMar to make an All-NBA team unless he has another career year offensively and he takes a huge leap defensively.

    What are the odds that the Raptors hold on to all 3 (2 firsts and a 2nd) of their 2017 draft picks?

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think there is a 100% chance that the odds are 50/50 that a quarter of the roster will be dealing with injuries when they playoffs arrives, increasing the 1/10 chance of us winning the championship by 10% that we will lose in the first round to a team with 0% chance of winning the nba title if they have to play on sundays when its raining

  11. Like ogi liked this post
  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sinbad wrote: View Post
    10%. There are too many solid, 2-way guards in the league for DeMar to make an All-NBA team unless he has another career year offensively and he takes a huge leap defensively.

    What are the odds that the Raptors hold on to all 3 (2 firsts and a 2nd) of their 2017 draft picks?
    I dont think anybody will be surprised if he does


    25%, i say we keep 2/3
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    I dont think anybody will be surprised if he does


    25%, i say we keep 2/3


    What are the chances Raptors get the first seed ?
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  14. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    What are the chances Raptors get the first seed ?
    That question merits a ban ... Zero, unless a unprotected pick came from a dreg team trade.

    I believe Pascal S. will have as much impact as Norman P. did last season....which will be a great development.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    That question merits a ban ... Zero, unless a unprotected pick came from a dreg team trade.

    I believe Pascal S. will have as much impact as Norman P. did last season....which will be a great development.
    i think the chances are actually high ... The Cavs are clearly the best team in the East but i feel that they will be more focused on remaining healthy for the playoffs, not being the first seed in the East so there is an opportunity there there if the Raps go for it

    now if the Cavs really want to be the first seed then its theirs to lose

  16. #15
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    11,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    That question merits a ban ... Zero, unless a unprotected pick came from a dreg team trade.

    I believe Pascal S. will have as much impact as Norman P. did last season....which will be a great development.
    1st seed means best team in the East. 1st pick is the draft.

  17. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    That question merits a ban ... Zero, unless a unprotected pick came from a dreg team trade.

    I believe Pascal S. will have as much impact as Norman P. did last season....which will be a great development.
    we were one win off last year

    i say we have a 35 percent chance to get first
    cavs have a 55 percent
    boston 5
    5percent for other
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  18. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    we were one win off last year

    i say we have a 35 percent chance to get first
    cavs have a 55 percentn 5
    5percent for other
    Oops...I was thinking 1st pick for some reason. Apologies.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  19. #18
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    4,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What are the odds Norman Powell plays more minutes than Terrence Ross off the bench?
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

  20. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    What are the odds Norman Powell plays more minutes than Terrence Ross off the bench?
    0. because casey is gonna need to showcase ross in order to trade him.

    what are the odds that poetl will be a surprise and fan favourite like biyombo was?

  21. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    What are the chances Raptors get the first seed ?
    .01%. Only way if LeBron has serious injury.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •