Everything Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    He's making a joke - he's showing his versatility being offensive. Probably in poor taste, but such was the punchline itself.
    Thanks Dan for clarification,however regardless of his intentions his offensive insulting language cannot be accepted by most(if not all) members and is in violation of forum rules,this is why I asked for correction.

Comment

Deino wrote: View Post
      Thanks Dan for clarification,however regardless of his intentions his offensive insulting language cannot be accepted by most(if not all) members and is in violation of forum rules,this is why I asked for correction.
      The moderators understand context.

Besides, studies show that people who swear are more intelligent

Researchers at Marist College in New York say a big vocabulary of curse words is a sign of higher rhetorical skill, and those that can name the most swear words in one minute tend to have a greater overall vocabulary.

These findings challenge the stereotype that people curse because they can't find more intelligent things to say
      http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09..._12213206.html

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The moderators understand context.

Besides, studies show that people who swear are more intelligent

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09..._12213206.html
        Wow I'm shocked to see someone defend the use of such disturbing foul language as an acceptable tool of communication whether it's meant in a serious manner or not(by the way if that was a joke IT WAS NOT FUNNY),however if it is ethically acceptable for you you're free to practice it in the comfort of your own home and SHOULD respect the right of people that do believe such behavior is NOT acceptable and don't want to adopt it nor be part of it in any way.

Ps: if you believe swearing is a sign of intelligence and adds extra "value" to your overall vocab, good for you,this is probably an extra "sign" of intelligence.
        Last edited by Deino; Fri Oct 14, 2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Wow I'm shocked to see someone defend the use of such disturbing foul language as an acceptable tool of communication whether it's meant in a serious manner or not(by the way if that was a joke IT WAS NOT FUNNY),however if it is ethically acceptable for you you're free to practice it in the comfort of your own home and SHOULD respect the right of people that do believe such behavior is NOT acceptable and don't want to adopt it nor be part of it in any way.

Ps: if you believe swearing is a sign of intelligence and adds extra "value" to your overall vocab, good for you,this is probably an extra "sign" of intelligence.

I'll agree the first joke wasn't that funny, but your panties are way too knotted, captain serious.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I'll agree the first joke wasn't that funny, but your panties are way too knotted, captain serious.
            I respect your opinion.
            According to you it wasn't that funny which naturally gives it another outcome (pick the one you see reasonable): disturbing,insulting,silly."ill advised"...
            I don't think my panties are too knotted,rather something was really disturbing there.
            The thing is I don't force my values on others, always treat people with respect,and it's fair to expect the same in return.

Comment

I respect your opinion.
              According to you it wasn't that funny which naturally gives it another outcome (pick the one you see reasonable): disturbing,insulting,silly."ill advised"...
              I don't think my panties are too knotted,rather something was really disturbing there.
              The thing is I don't force my values on others, always treat people with respect,and it's fair to expect the same in return.
              By trying to get people to change their behaviour on this forum, you are in fact, "forcing your values on others". If you don't like something you read on the internet, the mature thing to do is scroll past it, or block the person who offends you.

Sounds easy enough, no?

Comment

I respect your opinion.
                If the adjective you use for that post is "disturbing" the world must be a scary place, let alone Internet comment sections
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

By trying to get people to change their behaviour on this forum, you are in fact, "forcing your values on others". If you don't like something you read on the internet, the mature thing to do is scroll past it, or block the person who offends you.

Sounds easy enough, no?
                  In fact NO
                  If it is posted out there I don't care and it's not my own business but when it is directed towards me on a reply to my post it becomes my business as it looks like swearing in my face and obviously I don't like it.

Comment

If the adjective you use for that post is "disturbing" the world must be a scary place, let alone Internet comment sections
                    Yeah the world is not perfect,we can take part in making it better of follow some trends blindly.
                    "disturbing" is not only used to describe graphic images or scenes, certain statements could be considered disturbing as well.

Comment

I got a suspension for using the word "douche" in a post a few months ago. Deino is in his rights to be pissed, if that's the bar for "offensive" posts.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

This is the worst thread ever, let's lock it up!
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Sounds easy enough, no?

Comment

I have nowhere else to put this. Anyone else can't access like 90% of this website? I can only view Everything Raptors and even that doesn't work half the time.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              I have nowhere else to put this. Anyone else can't access like 90% of this website? I can only view Everything Raptors and even that doesn't work half the time.
                              works fine for me

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Have you followed the standard advice in this situation?

1. Have you cleared your browser's cache?
                                2. Have you restarted your device?

Comment

Working...
                                X