Preseason Game 1: Warriors @ Raptors in Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine wrote: View Post
    I doubt we go into the season with 4 point guards....
    We need a 3rd PG. From what i've read, Wright is out till Nov.

What if Lowry or Joseph goes down with an injury? who's going to be the backup?

And VanVleet is a better player(much better player) than any of the guys they invited anyways.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      If that Ross confidence gain is for real(and Lewenberg's comments about conversations with train staff would seem to indicate it might be), and Siakam is this good, and Poeltl can figure things out, we have the best bench in the league this year, easily, right?
      If everything you suggest is indeed true, yes.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Maybe the dude wiped it from his memory. I've tried many times, unsuccessfully.
        Me too but I am always reminded of him especially when Iggy plays well.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          If that Ross confidence gain is for real(and Lewenberg's comments about conversations with train staff would seem to indicate it might be), and Siakam is this good, and Poeltl can figure things out, we have the best bench in the league this year, easily, right?
          Our next six: Patterson, Ross, CoJo, Norman, Delon, Siakam
          Golden State's next six: Andre Iguodala, David West, Shaun Livingston, Ian Clark, Anderson Varajao, Patrick McCaw

Their bench has at least three players who could credibly start for most of the teams in the league. Let's get a little perspective here.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            Our next six: Patterson, Ross, CoJo, Norman, Delon, Siakam
            Golden State's next six: Andre Iguodala, David West, Shaun Livingston, Ian Clark, Anderson Varajao, Patrick McCaw

Their bench has at least three players who could credibly start for most of the teams in the league. Let's get a little perspective here.
            Three players? I only see one

Comment

• Is it possible to cut Bruno and send him to 905?Do you think any other team will pick him up or do we keep him as trade filler.
              Last edited by Gonzz; Sun Oct 2, 2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
                Is it possible to cut Bruno and send him to 905?Do you think any other team will pick him up or do we keep him as trade filler.
                You can't send Bruno to 905 if we cut him. He can sign with 905 tho.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  We need a 3rd PG. From what i've read, Wright is out till Nov.

What if Lowry or Joseph goes down with an injury? who's going to be the backup?

And VanVleet is a better player(much better player) than any of the guys they invited anyways.
                  Maybe we just go guard-heavy rather than PG-heavy. Crawford looked the best of the bunch last night. He was playing the 3 at times but he strikes me as an all-around guy that can D-up.

Plus, it's not like the season starts tomorrow. If Delon is legit back in November, there's negligible risk going into the first few games with something like Lowry/Cojo/Crawford.

Bottomline, just sign the best guy. You can always cut & sign if disaster strikes.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Maybe we just go guard-heavy rather than PG-heavy. Crawford looked the best of the bunch last night. He was playing the 3 at times but he strikes me as an all-around guy that can D-up.

Plus, it's not like the season starts tomorrow. If Delon is legit back in November, there's negligible risk going into the first few games with something like Lowry/Cojo/Crawford.

Bottomline, just sign the best guy. You can always cut & sign if disaster strikes.
                    Delon back in November? Latest word is January.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Delon back in November? Latest word is January.
                      I was just repeating what I was quoting. January is a bit riskier, but not by a huge amount with the ability to sign guys up from the 905 (wait, is that a thing?).

Also, if we sign Van Fleet but cut him when Delon is back, do we lose his 905 rights or could he simply drop down after making a few NBA bucks? That would be a great way to reward a couple of our 905 guys with a salary they can actually live on, drawing some attention to Mississauga as a place where you get a shot.
                      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Oct 2, 2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        I was just repeating what I was quoting. January is a bit riskier, but not by a huge amount with the ability to sign guys up from the 905 (wait, is that a thing?).

Also, if we sign Van Fleet but cut him when Delon is back, do we lose his 905 rights or could he simply drop down after making a few NBA bucks? That would be a great way to reward a couple of our 905 guys with a salary they can actually live on, drawing some attention to Mississauga as a place where you get a shot.
                        We don't lose his 905 rights, as far as we have them now. He can drop down. Whether he wants to or not, who knows.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I really liked what I saw from Crawford last night. With carrol's injury history we are pretty thin on the wing, and Crawford is the kind of guy you can plug in as a stop gap. He's a solid defender, a smart offensive player and he plays with energy and toughness. I would sign him over vanvleet. I heard Norm was working on his point skills. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Van fleet can ball, certainly worthy for the last roster spot,Crawford can be a "Demarre Carroll light", but another guy that also impressed in the summer league is Singler, will get a chance to showcase his skills probably in the next game or two,he's not just a long range shooter -even with his skinny frame- he can defend/hustle.
                            Heslip can take over that spot if he shows he can play some 1 on top of his deadly shooting.

Comment

• I like Crawford. Just seems like a really solid player. My only gripe would be that we have 3 SGs already and Crawford is 6'5 so he'll be pretty undersized for the position. I still hope we can move Ross to improve the roster. I would see what Bebe, Wright + Ross and possibly a pick could net us for a SF not saying they would but I'd at least try with MIL for Middleton considering their logjam of SF/PFs and need for a PG & SG?!

Comment

• So I am convinced that Drew Crawford has to make the roster. Dude is a straight up baller. I know it's a small sample size but hear me out. He fits this team to a tee. He'd even cover DeLon as the 3rd pg while he's recovering from injury. I'm intrigued with the possible line up combinations. I get the fact that he would be the 15th man...but I would bet the farm that he would make an impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X