Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    It's different when you look over and see LA. Deebo/K-Low have been talking about getting JV more involved all trainning camp. If they are willing to give up shots for JV than they will certainly give up shots for LA.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    We'll have to see how much all that talk is worth.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I don't see the Spurs actually trading Aldridge. They need a PF if they lose him, and they're not rebuilding with Kwahi in his prime. Just don't see any trades that would work out. Unless the Clips were offering Griffin for Aldridge I guess.. but seems high risk for SA consider Blake is a free agent after this year.

If he was available.. then we would have to try and get Gasol as well (can't see a trade without JV going back to SA).. Raptors would suck if Poeltl and Bebe were their two centers. LMA cannot play the 5.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        We'll have to see how much all that talk is worth.
        We haven't played a single game yet?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

We haven't played a single game yet?

In preseason:

DeMar's usage is 38.0%. Lowry's is 27.2%. JV's is 20.3%.

Last year:

DeMar's usage was 29.8%. Lowry's was 26.1%. JV's was 20.9%.

So that whole 'passing more to JV thing' hasn't worked out at all so far.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            In preseason:

DeMar's usage is 38.0%. Lowry's is 27.2%. JV's is 20.3%.

Last year:

DeMar's usage was 29.8%. Lowry's was 26.1%. JV's was 20.9%.

So that whole 'passing more to JV thing' hasn't worked out at all so far.
            Its PRESEASON

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Its PRESEASON

Oh, ok. So the preseason's purpose isn't to get the team's offensive and defensive systems flowing for the regular season?

That's what I thought it was for.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Oh, ok. So the preseason's purpose isn't to get the team's offensive and defensive systems flowing for the regular season?

I'm going to side with Christian here. It really is pre-season. Guys try stuff out, get shots up, play in funky lineups, etc.

It's perfectly fair to be concerned, but last year's numbers are a far better reason to be concerned than these pre-season numbers. Heck, last year in pre-season Lowry was up at 30% usage and DD was down at 24%, while JV's was close to DD's at 22%. CoJo was in the 20's, ended up at 17% for the year. It really means very, very little.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I'm going to side with Christian here. It really is pre-season. Guys try stuff out, get shots up, play in funky lineups, etc.

It's perfectly fair to be concerned, but last year's numbers are a far better reason to be concerned than these pre-season numbers. Heck, last year in pre-season Lowry was up at 30% usage and DD was down at 24%, while JV's was close to DD's at 22%. CoJo was in the 20's, ended up at 17% for the year. It really means very, very little.
                  Except for Patterson who managed to lose his spot to Scola last year.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    classic dwane

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Well, I never claimed that Casey was aware of the fact that pre-season means very little.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't think we should be drawing too many conclusions about anything from preseason. I mean DeRozan just put up 35.5 points per 36 on 57.8 TS% and 38% usage. So unless he went back in time and absorbed the soul of 05-06 Kobe Bryant I think we should probably just wait for the regular season to see what happens in all respects.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is so the owners can gouge us suckers with hyper-inflated prices for a few more games.....

Comment

Comment

• I saw on Twitter some NBA writer, forget who it was, was wondering why people always give Cousins a hard time for losing but Anthony Davis hardly gets criticized.

Gee I wonder.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                I saw on Twitter some NBA writer, forget who it was, was wondering why people always give Cousins a hard time for losing but Anthony Davis hardly gets criticized.

Gee I wonder.
                                It also makes you wonder if Cousins isn't a bad cog on offense like Rudy Gay where he can fill up the stat sheet but the team isn't getting ahead but are worse off as a result. I do like that the Raptors are being very choosy of the type's of personalities they want on this team as opposed to somewhere like NYC or Houston where they do not care if you are a potential disruptive player to team building/chemistry.

Having Cousins in Toronto might be a great success or a huge failure, there is no in between.

Comment

Working...
                                X