Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Masai has an eye for talent. It was pretty obvious who the better talent was. Also Ross' motor was question around the draft and for his whole career.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Or the much bigger problem with that arguement...

The fact that Masai was just NOW looking to trade "high character" JV for more the expensive (so why pay more as well?) supposedly "low character" Drummond.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
      A couple points about the Drummond/JV kerfuffle:

1. Masai's offices never leak. He's famous for keeping it tight, and for warning opposing GMs that if they leak any discussions, the trade is off. So the leak re: Drummond/JV almost certainly came from either Detroit or possibly one of the agents of the players being discussed. Certainly the idea of a Drummond trade for JV straight up - rather than Detroit throwing in extra assets - is one that favors Detroit, because most of the league considers JV the better player, so it could be a move to push Drummond's price up for an eventual buyer.

2. It is certainly possible that Masai talked with Detroit about Drummond for JV, but the question then becomes: was this simply a straight-up swap? That seems doubtful, because Drummond is the lesser player. Maybe Masai's offer was JV and Sully for Drummond, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a first-rounder. I mean, come on: we're talking about Masai Ujiri here. He does not lose trades, and JV for Drummond is a losing trade.
      Only RR thinks JV is the better player. If the trade happened the media would say that Drummond was the best player in the trade.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• @ChrisBHaynes

Charlotte aggressively pursuing Los Angeles guard Lou Williams, league sources tell ESPN. As @ESPNSteinLine notes, most likely to be dealt.
        5:35 PM - 21 Feb 2017
        MJ wants to battle Vivek for WOAT owner.

Comment

Only RR thinks JV is the better player. If the trade happened the media would say that Drummond was the best player in the trade.

sure they would. the media panders to the lowest common denominator and talks about raw scoring/rebounding numbers.

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          Or the much bigger problem with that arguement...

The fact that Masai was just NOW looking to trade "high character" JV for more the expensive (so why pay more as well?) supposedly "low character" Drummond.
          based on a leak of questionable reliability.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            A couple points about the Drummond/JV kerfuffle:

1. Masai's offices never leak.
            Pure fiction.

It was leaked that we wanted both Ibaka and Millsap over the summer both of whom we pursued again and were successful getting one AFTER. Not to mention it was WIDELY known before the draft that Masai wanted to get in to draft Giannis and was unable to, same goes with hoping to draft Tyler Ennis. Nevermind the near Kyle to NY deal, DD for Bledsoe, Pat + 1st for Morris etc. Just because many things moves don't materialize doesn't mean we are some vault despite Masai's demi-god status around here.

Heck it's already widely known that we are pursuing another wing (ie/ Gallo, Chandler or Tucker) right NOW.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              sure they would. the media panders to the lowest common denominator and talks about raw scoring/rebounding numbers.
              ...or that he's already been an All-Star and league leader in rebounding vs Mr 4th Quarter.

based on a leak of questionable reliability.
              Which can be said for pretty much any rumour not coming from Stein or Woj.

Comment

• According to Stein, Raptors offered JV and a 1st for Boogie.

JV's good as gone by next season pretty much.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Drummond is the best player in that trade, but they're both poor defensive, offensive minded centres playing in a league that no longer values poor defensive, offensive minded centres. If either gets a 3-point shot then maybe things will change.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    According to Stein, Raptors offered JV and a 1st for Boogie.

Should've thrown in wright or norm. Still worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      According to Stein, Raptors offered JV and a 1st for Boogie.

Oh Vivek, why couldn't you have coveted JV as much as you did Buddy?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        Should've thrown in wright or norm. Still worth it.

Apparently Vivek made Divac turned down much better offers for Cousins but was so in love with Buddy Heild that he forced that shitty trade to happen. So Norm or Wright or Ross or whoever wouldn't have made a difference.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Apparently Vivek made Divac turned down much better offers for Cousins but was so in love with Buddy Heild that he forced that shitty trade to happen. So Norm or Wright or Ross or whoever wouldn't have made a difference.
                          Yah I know. Still sucks because that was one of our last chances to add a superstar level player to this core.

Comment

• Should have dangled Norm instead.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• What if the deal Vlade is talking about was our trade?
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X