Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Both BPM and RPM have Patterson being better than Tyson both this year and last year. I'm not arguing that those stats are accurate, but they are at least as accurate as WS, especially in the case of Chandler.

WS seems to absolutely love the combo of efficiency and rebounding. WS/48, as Dan pointed out a while back, had JV last year having the best Raptor season ever. And WS/48 had Enes Kanter as even better than JV. (He's not).
    Didn't we just have a lengthy discussion on how RPM stats are not particularly reliable?

Chandler is more efficient than either of them, better defensively at his position and grades out better than them in basically every statistical category.

Comment

• Ok I'm confused now. Half of the people just switched to talking about Wilson Chandler, I thought we were talking about Tyson Chandler.

Either way they're both better players than CoJo and 2Pat. Not that I necessarily would want to trade for either of them though.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
        Didn't we just have a lengthy discussion on how RPM stats are not particularly reliable?

Chandler is more efficient than either of them, better defensively at his position and grades out better than them in basically every statistical category.
        What makes WS reliable? Is it more reliable than a full season plus of RPM? Or more reliable than BPM?

And trading CJ and PP for Tyson makes no sense. We'll have 4 C's, Our PF's will be a rookie and an injured guy. Our PG's will be KL, an undrafted rookie and an injured guy with almost no experience.

And with none of our bigs being a reliable 3 pt threat, it will only pack the paint.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Ok I'm confused now. Half of the people just switched to talking about Wilson Chandler, I thought we were talking about Tyson Chandler.

Either way they're both better players than CoJo and 2Pat. Not that I necessarily would want to trade for either of them though.
          I'm sure that someone will come up with a 3 way deal that will net the Raptors both Wilson and Tyson Chandler.

This will either make Matt and Leo's job easier, or it will make it absolutely ridiculous to listen to

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            What makes WS reliable? Is it more reliable than a full season plus of RPM? Or more reliable than BPM?

And trading CJ and PP for Tyson makes no sense. We'll have 4 C's, Our PF's will be a rookie and an injured guy. Our PG's will be KL, an undrafted rookie and an injured guy with almost no experience.

And with none of our bigs being a reliable 3 pt threat, it will only pack the paint.
            I literally said earlier that I wouldn't make that trade.

My point was in response to DanH originally who said Tyson Chandler is a worse player than CoJo/Patterson which is just not true at all. However just because he's the better player doesn't mean he's the better fit or fills a need well enough to justify torpedoing our depth (he isn't and doesn't).

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
              In theory, yes. But Boogie is a bonafide superstar and the best centre in the league. If he flat out refused to re-sign to wherever the Kings wanted to trade him, what GM would risk two years of a disgruntled, miserable Boogie?
              Possibly same GM that traded for D Howard, then he bolts for Houston.
              2 Years of a good player under contract is a long time. Winning cures just about everything.
              Now would I trade for Cousins? No.
              We have a fairly good thing going & why screw with a good thing.
              Some minor tweaking? Perhaps.
              Clearly, with success we had last year (ECF) our goal (championship) has changed.
              Boogie MIGHT make that more likely, but he can also destroy our chemistry (Iverson to Detroit few years ago?)

Comment

• Every time I watch a Denver game. I like Wilson Chandler's fit on this team more and more. He is better than every forward that we have on this team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  There is confusion there. Some were talking Tyson, others were talking Wilson.
                  Yeah, this thread is getting confusing. Probably just need to use their first names. I thought they were talking about Chandler Parsons. lol.

Comment

• I was reading the last couple of pages thinking "why would we want Tyson chandler. That would be ridiculous" then I realized you guys must be talking about Wilson chandler. Then I see some of you actually are talking about Tyson. I'm a big no for him. He signed a big contract last year and he is getting very old. Wilson Chandler on the other hand would be a great fit on this team at the 4 IMO. Him and Carrol can handle any forward combo in the league on defence and both can hit the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wilson Chandler isn't a PF guys. He only had one year of his career where he got significant playing time at that spot. That was Masai's last year in Denver on the 2nd fastest pace team in the league. He's not a real 4.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Ugh, a lot of these ideas are lateral moves or worse.

We don't need to make a change just for the sake of making a change. Neither of the Chandlers is going to move the needle for us.

If we do risk our chemistry it has to be for someone with ceiling-altering potential. We don't need depth, we don't need role players. We can always fill those roles in the offseason with small moves/signings.
                        I think I said this a few pages back.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, this thread is getting confusing. Probably just need to use their first names. I thought they were talking about Chandler Parsons. lol.

Damn you...stole my joke.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Wilson Chandler isn't a PF guys. He only had one year of his career where he got significant playing time at that spot. That was Masai's last year in Denver on the 2nd fastest pace team in the league. He's not a real 4.
                            Disagree he can definitely play the 4. If Carrol can play the 4 so can he. 3/4 position is so interchangeable in the league right now.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Disagree he can definitely play the 4. If Carrol can play the 4 so can he. 3/4 position is so interchangeable in the league right now.

He's 6-8 so he has the minimum size. In 4 out lineups he probably could. He's definitely aggressive enough. In the East other than Porzingas I can't imagine him getting pushed around. Not sure I would do it, but it's an interesting wrinkle to think about.

Comment

• Wilson Chandler is not going to bring anything that PP, Siakam, Sully, and Carroll are not capable of bringing to the 4 spot
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X