Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    i think Lupe said "bone scan" when he meant x-ray. as far as i know they x-rayed his hand and wrist, they didn't give him a nuc med bone scan (which, yes, wouldn't tell you about his age).

and yeah the "bone age" measurements are done by atlas comparisons. it's not like counting rings in a tree.
    Ok fair enough.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, but that's the point. In no universe will Ibaka end up as a second option or higher here with DD and Lowry. He'll be relegated to that 3rd slot, possibly sharing it with JV. Meaning he'll be in exactly that situation here. So why would we expect his defence or offence to suddenly get better again (as a note, his defence is still looking pretty bad in ORL in spite of him being a primary option for them)?
      You want him if you believe he makes the team better than it is in its current state. My belief is that he is better than Pascal and at least equal to, or better than 2Pat. So his acquisition makes the team collectively better.

Ibalka likely has the intangibles to fit into the team aspect and either you believe he has something left in the tank and will bring it each night or you don't.

If he passes those gates...then the very difficult aspect of price comes in.

My view only is he still has it and would be able to contribute...Is it enough to beat Lebron. Probably not. I don't think GSW has enough to beat Lebron...but you owe it to yourself to try rather than roll over and die. Price to pay for the rental is a late first and a prospect.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Yeah that's a little silly.

But it's also fact that legit birth certificates can't be had in certain areas of the world.
        Yeah; one of my boys from University didn't even know his birthday so they just used the day that he first came over here as it (he came from a very small village). Said they had way more important things to worry about then this.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I'm on my phone so I don't think I can post the Hans moleman "I'm 31 years old gif".
          I think the scola comment was Devlin on open gym?
          I felt like in gm 6 that Love and Bron had a hard time handling biz on the oreb and his energy in general but the refs made some BS calls that forced biz to the bench in the 1st half and we never recovered. Yes, I think we would have lost anyway but it would have been closer imo.
          Seems some here have said that jv's defense has dropped off since his first yr or two and he's 24 and that Pau has lost a step at 36 but his defensive numbers are still respectable. I haven't seen enough of ibaka to say why he's slipped.
          I'd rather have millsap but price does matter. Regardless of the ibaka trade optics, hennigan does need to make the playoffs. I think cojo and Ross could really help Orlando. How do you make salaries work in an ibaka/Gordon trade? I could see Orlando more willing to deal than ATL.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gp6agb3

Give Orlando a 1st here. I don't want Noel at $25m. $20m is hard enough to stomach. Cojo/Ross and siakam to Orlando could work too.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            If they want to tank, trading Sweet Lou and/or Swaggy P would make more sense, no?
            Lakers are sinking fast right now...they can probably just do more of what they are doing and finish last in the west on merit...and make use of the protection aspect to be able to use their pick this year instead go conveying it to Philly.

Was musing out loud that they might be able to get another lottery pick and a younger prospect for Randle to ensure they finish next to last and get two choices in the draft this year.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Scenario, Houston's GM falls on his head and trades

Anderson, Beverly, Ariza & Capla
              for
              Patterson, Cojo, Carroll & Bebe

New Line Up

Lowry-Beverly
              DeRozan-Powell
              Ariza-Ross
              Anderson-Sully
              Jonas-Capela

So we get no stars but the better version of the same players we win
              Anderson > Patterson = stretch 4
              Beverly > Cojo = defensive PG
              Ariza > Carroll = 3&D
              Capela > Bebe > High energy big

My question(s) now are:

1st - how many games does this team win ?
              2nd - is this team good enough to beat the Cavs
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Scenario, Houston's GM falls on his head and trades

Anderson, Beverly, Ariza & Capla
                for
                Patterson, Cojo, Carroll & Bebe

New Line Up

Lowry-Beverly
                DeRozan-Powell
                Ariza-Ross
                Anderson-Sully
                Jonas-Capela

So we get no stars but the better version of the same players we win
                Anderson > Patterson = stretch 4
                Beverly > Cojo = defensive PG
                Ariza > Carroll = 3&D
                Capela > Bebe > High energy big

My question(s) now are:

1st - how many games does this team win ?
                2nd - is this team good enough to beat the Cavs
                I think we get marginally worse with that trade. Capela is a nice piece, but Anderson gives back everything he gives you offensively on the other end, while Pat is an elite glue guy who helps everywhere. The other pieces are pretty neutral impact changes, maybe slight improvements, but not enough to make up for losing Pat.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Non raptors related. And I'm not even sure if this works money wise but I had this thought and it was interesting.

Do you guys think any team in a Boston-Utah-LAC threeway deal says no to this?

Boston gives: Jae Crowder and the two Nets picks
                  Boston gets: Gordon Hayward

LAC gives: Blake Griffin
                  LAC gets: Jae Crowder, Trey Lyles & a Nets pick

Utah gives: Gordon Hayward & Trey Lyles
                  Utah gets: Blake Griffin and a Nets pick

The starting 5's would become:
                  Boston: IT/Bradley/Hayward/Amir/Horford

Clippers: CP3/Reddick/Crowder/Lyles/DJ

Utah: Hill/Exum/Hood/Blake/Gobert

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Non raptors related. And I'm not even sure if this works money wise but I had this thought and it was interesting.

Do you guys think any team in a Boston-Utah-LAC threeway deal says no to this?

Boston gives: Jae Crowder and the two Nets picks
                    Boston gets: Gordon Hayward

LAC gives: Blake Griffin
                    LAC gets: Jae Crowder, Trey Lyles & a Nets pick

Utah gives: Gordon Hayward & Trey Lyles
                    Utah gets: Blake Griffin and a Nets pick

The starting 5's would become:
                    Boston: IT/Bradley/Hayward/Amir/Horford

Clippers: CP3/Reddick/Crowder/Lyles/DJ

Utah: Hill/Exum/Hood/Blake/Gobert
                    Bad deal for Utah. Hayward is a good two way player and Blake would most likely bolt in the offseason. I feel like that would just ruin what Utah has been working for to create.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      Bad deal for Utah. Hayward is a good two way player and Blake would most likely bolt in the offseason. I feel like that would just ruin what Utah has been working for to create.

Fuck I forgot Blake was expiring

Still bad assuming he resigns?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Fuck I forgot Blake was expiring

Still bad assuming he resigns?
                        Still bad. Utah is a very good team and Hayward's playstyle/demeanour/personality fit the team very well. If anything they need a true superstar guard, I think Blake just sets off the balance of the team and he's too selfish for that team. A prime Derrick Rose would be perfect on Utah IMO. Surrounded by shooters who are all plus defenders.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          Still bad. Utah is a very good team and Hayward's playstyle/demeanour/personality fit the team very well. If anything they need a true superstar guard, I think Blake just sets off the balance of the team and he's too selfish for that team. A prime Derrick Rose would be perfect on Utah IMO. Surrounded by shooters who are all plus defenders.

Fair enough

Comment

• Ross+Poeltl+Tor 2017 1st for Favours?

Comment

• Jon32 wrote: View Post
                              Ross+Poeltl+Tor 2017 1st for Favours?
                              No

Comment

• Why

Comment

Working...