X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Change it to the Seattle SuperSonics
    Not gonna happen with the new arena.

I like Paul George a lot. More than Butler. I'd trade DeRozan for George. Start norm. Get a good coach. That's a good team.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
      Maybe he was `blown` by something else?
      Who knows, who knows. Strangier stuff happens in New Orleans

Comment

• JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
        Can someone please explain to me why the kings traded cousins. I feel like they didn't even get that much in return.
        It makes sense that they traded him but not for what they got. Hield is not gonna be good and the pelicans are 3 games out of the playoffs. That pick is borderline lottery.

Even their own pick has been passed around the league more times than khloe Kardashian

Comment

• Just heard the news.. NO was lucky to have the ASG in their house tonight.. easier to schmooze. I'm sure Kings didn't hear too many offers and just went with the best one they had in front of them because. Vlade also probably got drunk.

I'm not too concerned. I don't think Cousins would be happy to set picks all day long and not get the ball.

Comment

• So with Sacramento apparently blowing up their season rather than going for that last playoff spot, they've got some depth SFs we could use: particularly Barnes or Casspi. Maybe Barnes for Sullinger and a 2nd; math is a little tougher trading for Casspi as we don't have the assets for a straight across trade without trading one of our good prospects, but Casspi+Lawson for Sullinger+VanVleet works.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              I wish we can get Paul George..his one my favs players..old school,plays D,clutch,complete all star player,not superstar..
              For years now he has been the #1 player Ive wanted us to target....and crazy thing is when you point out that he is not a superstar is the only reason he isnt one is because of that horrific injury. While George is incredibly somehow still athletic, he was that much better of an athlete (former dunk champ) pre-injury, almost reminded me of Ross athletically which at his size is incredible...but can you imagine how insane he would be right now if he still had that athleticism?!

He is also a year younger than DeMar who I think of as just entering his physical prime, the last time we seen PG anywhere near he is was when he was just 23 years old. He would have been an animal by now and it speaks to his talent that he can still play at this level. When Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway etc had big injuries they never came back anywhere close to being at that level. I know they are not the same injury but Georges was not just hard to look at, it was one of the worst and hes still that good...if he had athleticism as he had as 23 year old (and actually even stronger), he would have been one of the most dominant players in the league right now guaranteed.
              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Feb 20, 2017, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• Very interesting roster makeup by new orleans, especially in this guard centric league. This is one of the best twin tower combos I ever remember personally, duncan and Robinson the last ones but Robinson was fading out of his prime when duncan became great.

They obviously need a decent pg and little more shooting, but this could turn out really nice for new orleans.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  So with Sacramento apparently blowing up their season rather than going for that last playoff spot, they've got some depth SFs we could use: particularly Barnes or Casspi. Maybe Barnes for Sullinger and a 2nd; math is a little tougher trading for Casspi as we don't have the assets for a straight across trade without trading one of our good prospects, but Casspi+Lawson for Sullinger+VanVleet works.
                  Casspi was in the deal. He's a Pel now.

And Barnes? I can't be alone in shuddering. I hope there's something better out there.

Comment

• JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
                    Can someone please explain to me why the kings traded cousins. I feel like they didn't even get that much in return.
                    They wanted to retain their pick, knew they wanted to trade him but time was running out and Pelicans swooped in to commit highway robbery on perhaps the worst and dumbest organization in the league!

Comment

• Does Barnes pick up his option? Not that I want him anyway.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Prada nailed it. Kings "braintrust" has a litany of incompetence, but no other team seems to have been willing to offer more for Cousins than what the Pelicans offered, and the front offices that Prada mentioned would all rate among the most poorly run. Smart GM's are a lot more toxicity averse than Joe Fan.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          They wanted to retain their pick, knew they wanted to trade him but time was running out and Pelicans swooped in to commit highway robbery on perhaps the worst and dumbest organization in the league!
                          So Knicks vs Kings, which is the more inept franchise? After this trade, I'd have to lean towards the Kings!

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            Casspi was in the deal. He's a Pel now.

And Barnes? I can't be alone in shuddering. I hope there's something better out there.
                            Oh, weird. Trade machine is showing most of the changes to Sacramento's roster but still shows Casspi on there. Nevermind, then.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              It would have been easy for them to keep that pick. They had it up until like a week ago.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                Does Barnes pick up his option? Not that I want him anyway.
                                It's his 1st year under new contract, nah?

Comment

Working...
                                X