Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    If the season ended today, Denver would have the #9 pick, and the #23 pick (from Memphis). Portland would have the #14 pick, as well as the #28 pick (acquired from Cleveland to send the Cleveland 2018 first round pick back to Cleveland, so that Cleveland could trade the 2019 first round pick for Korver).

In addition to the oddity of Sacramento being involved in the Millsap discussions, it makes even less sense when you look at their draft position. If the season ended today, they would have the #10 pick - however, if they trade for Millsap and get BETTER, then they lose their first round pick to Chicago (it's protected 1-10 - if Sacramento picks 1-10, then Chicago would get Sacramento's second round pick this year). So in addition to potentially giving up assets for a half-year rental of Millsap, they wouldn't have a high first round pick in what's considered to be a very deep draft. Oh wait, this sounds EXACTLY like dysfunctional Sacramento.
    I think it sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Don't believe everything you read. It was only this morning that there were stories that they turned down better deals for Cousins because they wanted to tank in this strong class.

So now they want to give away assets on a win now rental, huh? All unnamed sources of course.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Everyone outside of Lowry and DeMar are.
      Yeah, but it marks a major shift for the front office.

To my knowledge we have never once included JV in a trade offer before now.

Comment

• The BR report says Detroit's been quietly shopping Drummond, reportedly Masai offered them JV and they turned it down. We also know the Kings were shopping Cousins and Masai reportedly kicked the tires there with a JV offer.

There's still a difference between throwing a hook in the water and actively shopping your guy. In both these situations at least, it was the other team looking for a taker and Masai offered something. We have no idea how serious it was, discussions in both situations involved multiple teams and did not end up with a Raptors trade. GM's are chatting about these things on the phone all the time, if a star player is available it's Masai's job to go kick the tires.

Neither of these scenarios included Terrence Ross as a trade piece, yet he's the guy who actually ended up getting traded while Jonas is still here, if that tells you anything about trade rumours and reports & how kicking the tires works.

TBH I'm up for trading anybody on the team if a star player comes back and the overall talent level of the Raptors goes up a notch. They still have some work to do to catch CLE/GSW/etc.

Edit: In both situations Jonas pretty much had to be the Raptors offer considering the guy who was available - Cousins & Drummond. There's no reason to bring one of those guys in + keep Jonas. But if the guy on the other side of the deal is not a 7 foot centre, is Jonas included? He wasn't needed to land Ibaka. Again it wasn't a situation of "we have to replace Jonas," it was a situation of "Hey, the Kings are shopping Cousins" and (maybe) "Hey, the Pistons are shopping Drummond." These things always start with somebody in the front office saying "Hey."
        Last edited by S.R.; Tue Feb 21, 2017, 06:21 PM.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          So far "all over the internet" means bleacher report. Bleacher report allows articles to be written by amateur fans not unlike the people here
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            So far "all over the internet" means bleacher report. Bleacher report allows articles to be written by amateur fans not unlike the people here
            Please, the quality here is generally better than Bleacher Report.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• "I've had an exec tell me yesterday that Boston is going to get Paul George this week" -- @ESPNSteinLine https://t.co/E78dMiQD2d — Mike Loyko (@NEPD_Loyko) February 21, 2017
              Seen this on another forum but this would just be a bullet through our collective Raptor hearts.

Comment

• Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Sports Illustrated reported it as well.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    Seen this on another forum but this would just be a bullet through our collective Raptor hearts.
                    Not good. Why would the Pacers do that though? I'd rather have Paul George than say Ball or Fultz.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Its so sad cause we could of drafted Drummond. I think Masai would of drafted Drummond if he was the GM at the time.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Turner is only 21. Maybe they feel that their current build is going nowhere and that they want to build around Turner and a younger core in general. The Pacers are after Okafor right now and he's also 21.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...51278062272512

What about Bojan for our wing depth? He is good enough 3pt shooter and can create. Probably though out of our price range, as teams will be considering him not as a rental but as resign candidate and he is going to get paid in the summer (Crabbe contract I think, about $18M) and will give late 1st rounder for him, which is maybe fair value for him, but not for us if we don't plan to resign him.

Comment

• Lmao this is great

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              The Celtics aren't getting George or Butler. Larry doesn't tank and the Bulls need people coming to games.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Its so sad cause we could of drafted Drummond. I think Masai would of drafted Drummond if he was the GM at the time.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                Really? The GM that clearly values character/intangibles more than BC did would've drafted the player who slid in the draft process because of questionable motor and mentality?

I mean he could have, but Masai is clearly very high on building culture by bringing in guys with high character.

*One could speculate that this could be the main reason he didn't trade up last draft despite the tools of a player like Chriss.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Feb 21, 2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X