Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Sixers: CoJo ($7M) + 2nd round pick
    To Raps: Robert Covington ($1M) + Sergio Rodriguez ($8M)

We get 3 & D big SF on a ridiculously cheap deal as insurance for this year and as a potential replacement for Carroll next season, still on that $1M/yr deal. Sergio is PG insurance in case Delon gets injured and he expires at the end of the year. Gives us a ton of flexibility in the off-season if we can unload Carroll.

Sixers get a PG upgrade and were rumored to be interested in CoJo earlier in the season.

Comment

• I think Sixers would have been interested in cojo at the beginning of the season but now tj McConnell looks about as competent as Cory. They have Simmons coming back and the draft. Depending on LAL they might get monk and a PG. Also their fans think roco is worth gold.
      Probably catch flak for this but I think there was some homerism at the beginning of the yr around Cory.

Comment

• Does Covington play good defense now? From last season I remember him as below average, slow footed for a wing.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          I think Sixers would have been interested in cojo at the beginning of the season but now tj McConnell looks about as competent as Cory. They have Simmons coming back and the draft. Depending on LAL they might get monk and a PG. Also their fans think roco is worth gold.
          Probably catch flak for this but I think there was some homerism at the beginning of the yr around Cory.
          homerism? maybe. more so the fact that Joseph was pretty damn good last year.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Does Covington play good defense now? From last season I remember him as below average, slow footed for a wing.
            76ers fans have been saying he's deserved an All-Defense spot for a couple years now.

Comment

• 4-way deal I came up with:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j6wjbr5

Think about it. Orlando wants to gets rid of Vucevic & Fournier. The Pistons want to trade away Reggie Jackson. We need a SF, and Aminu fits the bill, while Portland gets their big man to play with Lillard & C.J. while also shedding salary.

I know this trade is bullshit.... but still, fun to think about.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                76ers fans have been saying he's deserved an All-Defense spot for a couple years now.
                I remember last year I had conversations about him on here with somebody, maybe on trade forum. His stats are nice, defensive win shares, steals and such, so I was intrigued and went and watched a few games (normally I don't watch 76ers at all). He didn't look impressive. I ended up thinking it's just a stats thing. I remember googling some 76ers forum as well, they didn't seem to be super high on him either. Maybe some of them think he's all-defense? Back then, I ended up thinking he's valued higher by non-Sixer fans. Maybe that's changed.

Comment

Does Covington play good defense now? From last season I remember him as below average, slow footed for a wing.

#1 SF in terms of defensive real plus-minus (DRMP), for whatever that's worth....

https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/...RPM/position/5

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    homerism? maybe. more so the fact that Joseph was pretty damn good last year.
                    Last yr.
                    He's got solid handles, he can be a good defender and I think he's worked hard on his shooting but I question his vision and ability to run a team. I always had faith that Delon and fvv were competent#2/3 pgs. Delons injury threw a kink in things but I think peak value for Cory was pre Xmas. Yeah, we mightve struggled a bit until Delon came back and maybe this yr in the playoffs but long term I think we would have been better. Who knows what the market would have been but imo people were a little too reticent to consider it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      #1 SF in terms of defensive real plus-minus (DRMP), for whatever that's worth....

I think he had really nice advanced stats last year as well, just didn't seem impressive on film, that's why I wondered if he's a stats miracle or he's really good now. Last year he looked slow footed to me, a PF trying to play SF.
                      I'd watch him again but no time.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        I think Sixers would have been interested in cojo at the beginning of the season but now tj McConnell looks about as competent as Cory. They have Simmons coming back and the draft. Depending on LAL they might get monk and a PG. Also their fans think roco is worth gold.
                        Sixers wanting CoJo was coming from the Philly side, not Toronto homerism over-valuing Cory. That was when BC was trying to drum up a market for Noel, who was injured at the time. You're probably right that the window has closed with the Sixers.

http://thesixersense.com/2016/11/05/...-nerlens-noel/

Comment

I think he had really nice advanced stats last year as well, just didn't seem impressive on film, that's why I wondered if he's a stats miracle or he's really good now. Last year he looked slow footed to me, a PF trying to play SF.
                          I'd watch him again but no time.
                          On the Raps, I would use him as a situational SF to guard big wings that Powell can't handle. Also as insurance for when Carroll inevitably gets injured.

Comment

I remember last year I had conversations about him on here with somebody, maybe on trade forum. His stats are nice, defensive win shares, steals and such, so I was intrigued and went and watched a few games (normally I don't watch 76ers at all). He didn't look impressive. I ended up thinking it's just a stats thing. I remember googling some 76ers forum as well, they didn't seem to be super high on him either. Maybe some of them think he's all-defense? Back then, I ended up thinking he's valued higher by non-Sixer fans. Maybe that's changed.
                            I was on liberty ballers and following Sixers pre Xmas. Their fans hate that he's a chucker this yr on O. It's bc his usage is high since they don't have a back court and Embiid hardly plays. A good shooter like Ersan has got a bump but a so-so shooter like roco has taken a dive. His usage on this team would be good. He doesn't have to create, just spot up on the wing/corner.
                            The D is legit. He can switch 1-4. Great matchup for DeMar type wings. I see him as a SF version of Pat with better athleticism but less IQ.
                            I tried to sneak him into most trade proposals with Sixers but they didn't like it.

Comment

Can't be worth much. Kawhi Leonard, who is one of the best perimeter defenders I've ever seen, is at 25th this year (led the league the last two years), one spot below the corpse of Paul Pierce.

Now, there are a lot of good defenders on that list, but what value does the measurement have if a guy who is a clearcut elite defender at his position and arguably the best defensive player in the league can slide from 1st to 25th in one season with no visible difference in his defensive abilities?

Comment

Sixers wanting CoJo was coming from the Philly side, not Toronto homerism over-valuing Cory. That was when BC was trying to drum up a market for Noel, who was injured at the time. You're probably right that the window has closed with the Sixers.

http://thesixersense.com/2016/11/05/...-nerlens-noel/
                                Yes, I'm pathetically too familiar with this. Go back and listen to talking raps pod when this idea was floated. Even their pod this week, Nick defends Cory. I get it, hes from here, solid player, great guy, and apparently being "handsome" is an evaluation factor. That deal couldn't happen bc of $ and fit imo but it seemed to me like some felt it was a talent issue too. Noel is worth way more than cojo imo. That's what struck me as homerism. Forgetting the reality of JV for a sec, Noel and Ibaka front court would be ridiculous defence.
                                #stillnotoverit

Comment

Working...
                                X