Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Awesome defender?! Not bloody likely.

They may mask it but no one is blind. JV still doesn't have the lateral quickness to handle a guard when he gets caught in a PnR or the speed to get out and contest a perimeter shot. It's not like he played next to Patterson and didn't notice those things.

But hopefully it does make it appear that he's improved to bring his trade value up a bit more as it's clear he's not really a part of our long term picture and we will need to clear up some cap space.
    JV can defend his position. More than I can say for Derozan. Or even Lowry unless he's really dialed in. Hilarious that we're gauging a centre by his ability to have the lateral quickness to guard a guard. But I rarely see the same people concerned with that, express that concern about Demar. A guard.

Comment

• I think the biggest loosers of this trade deadline are Realgm, who at 1 a.m. in the morning still only have the Noel's trade on their website.

They got problems the day they exist for... kinda sucks ahahaha

Comment

• I really think we should at least work out Larry Sanders....he seems to be a good kid, who knows what he was going through in life emotionally at the time (apparently it was depression). From this interview, he at least appears to be leveling out and seemingly more at peace but who knows...if he's hungry and in good shape he could be another Biz for us in the middle except he was quicker and had a bit more touch around the basket...

Comment

• Curry-esque #VivekKnew

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/statu...99686289309697
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Why do u want Sanders and Bogut? We don't have a roster spot or mins. To back up JV? I don't see either, especially taking a flier on Sanders with 25 games left. I think we're done. Watch some NCAA! Dillon Brooks is hitting daggers!

Comment

• Mic up reporters, ffs Raptors.

Comment

• Bucks signed Axel Toupane for a 10 days contract.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Couple things, first off I think it already is Wright's spot to lose as backup guard for next year, baring a major injury. Not too worried about JV because my theory is that he just can't maintain the focus and effort needed to dominate the interior for 82 games, but will be motivated and flip the switch in the playoffs. Share your concerns for everyone else though.

Honestly if they find their mojo again, and Cavs have some issue with Love's and JR's health plus maybe Lebron played too much in the season I could see the Raps going to the finals. X factor is Casey IMO, Masai's job is done.
                  and imam shumpert has been injury prone the last two seasons... I honestly agree with you.... I wish we played GSW one more time this season. This is the most balanced team I have seen.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    how is that clear? if ibaka and JV play well together why would we not want to keep them both?

edit: in fact our lineups featuring JV and patterson together all have pretty nice ratings btw.
                    JV had a really good showing in the playoffs last year. I think some people are forgetting that when he went down last spring, despite Biz playing out of his mind, panic was high on this board and a bunch of people were writing off the club at that point.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Probably not, but supplant Carroll in crunch time.

Lowry-Derozan-Tucker-Patterson-Ibaka

Good god man DEFENSE, shooting, and 2 all stars.
                      I could see Casey closing with Carroll. I don't particularly agree with the idea, but I can definitely see it.

Comment

• I don't want to see CoJo in crunch time. We have two better defenders in Powell and Tucker that should be closing out games.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          I really think we should at least work out Larry Sanders....he seems to be a good kid, who knows what he was going through in life emotionally at the time (apparently it was depression). From this interview, he at least appears to be leveling out and seemingly more at peace but who knows...if he's hungry and in good shape he could be another Biz for us in the middle except he was quicker and had a bit more touch around the basket...

The Cavs had Larry Sanders in this week to talk to him, but his checkered past apparently is even more checkered than known. A Cavs official confirmed to me tonight they were aware Sanders was arrested last year on a felony charge in Los Angeles, but did not provide any details about the arrest. Late-night attempts to obtain a police report were futile, but according to Los Angeles Sherriff’s Department jail records, Sanders was arrested on June 12 and booked into the Van Nuys jail. His bail was set at $50,000. One Cavs official said he didn’t believe Sanders would be facing discipline by the league should he sign with an NBA team.
                          9. Still, Sanders has been out of the league for two years because of personal issues. He was treated for depression and anxiety after he was released by the Milwaukee Bucks. He was one of the game’s best shot blockers at one time, and he’s still only 27, but it remains to be seen if another team takes a chance on him.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-...ughts-1.749434
                          Whoever takes him is taking a big gamble for hopefully a big reward.

I don't see where he fits in Toronto though.

Comment

• It's going to be so funny when the Kings get the 8th seed this season.

Pure hilarity.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              It's going to be so funny when the Kings get the 8th seed this season.

Pure hilarity.
                              WTF. I had to do a double-take at the Western Conference standings. Kings are only 1/2 game back of 8th. How/when did that happen?!?!

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                It's going to be so funny when the Kings get the 8th seed this season.

Pure hilarity.
                                Ewing Theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X