Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    It's not that simple. He performs in the playoffs and injuries happen. It's important to have a good reserve floor general. Forget the contract, it's not horrible.
    CoJo is more like a floor lieutenant. He isn't even our most valuable 6th man, in my opinion.
    I see you your point though, you want some insurance.

Comment

Delos is ready to log 35 minutes if Kyle goes down? What are they really going to get for Corey that makes them more competitive?
      Well if Lowry goes we'll struggle regardless. If it's in the playoffs we're done.

And personally i have not been impressed when Cojo is pushed into the starting job because Lowry is out/resting. My thoughts on Cory have changed little since we got him. Solid bench PG. He was great fof us defensively last year. Functions better in a solid system on both ends, and I feel like slippage on that this year is at least part of the reason he hasn't played as well.

I also think there's no pressing need to trade him, but he's an obvious piece we can shop. Would probably be good to shed his salary going into this summer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that really the best offer the Nuggets can get done? Also consider how many guards the Nuggets have on roster.
        They have a ton of SG's, not PG's. Mudiay's played mediocre all year & well, both Barton & Harris can play SF, as can Gallo. Right now, getting a steady PG on a reasonable contract to replace a aging veteran & a late 1st rounder sounds pretty sweet to me. Sully's basically a expiring contract & they can easily waive him.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Matt Barnes is getting waived. I wonder if we can pick him up on a min deal
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Delos is ready to log 35 minutes if Kyle goes down? What are they really going to get for Corey that makes them more competitive?
            Kyle goes down, game over. Doesn't matter if we have Cory, Delon, or me running the offence at that point.

Trading Cory is a salary move, no way around it. If you want to pay big bucks for guys like Lowry and Ibaka, you have to cut fat here and there. Cory is redundant in ways other guys earning above rookie scale deals are not. So, the way moving Cory makes them more competitive is by getting them Ibaka and Lowry. Maybe that's a trade you pursue after the season, but if there's value there now, I wouldn't hesitate to give Wright and Van Vleet some run leading up to the playoffs and go with whoever wins those minutes. Cory's been a disaster this year anyway.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              Matt Barnes is getting waived. I wonder if we can pick him up on a min deal
              I thought you had a no knucklehead policy?

I mean Barnes has never been a team cancer, but be is a knucklehead and prone to getting techs, even when he doesn't deserve them, just off reputation. Like we need more questionable whistles.

Comment

Decent defender, savvy vet & good at grabbing boards (Something Carroll's also good at).

If we do pick him up we waive Sully, right?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Well if Lowry goes we'll struggle regardless. If it's in the playoffs we're done.
                  I'd be inclined to agree had the Raptors not survived such a spectacularly horrible choking exhibit from Kyle through most of the last post season. Without guys like Corey stepping up they'd have been goners early.

Corey isn't spectacular but I think this board is underrating the reality of the regular season and the post season being different beasts and that guys who produce in the playoffs are harder to find. Most of the Raptors playoff history over the last ten years involved 82 game heroes not being able to translate their game to the playoffs.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Mon Feb 20, 2017, 02:54 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Wasn't really the point I was making.....

The rest of this is pure conjecture and supposition based on your dislike of Casey.
                    Sorry to disappoint you, but it's actually based on Tom Sterner calling out Lowry and providing rare insight into what goes on behind the scenes in the room, i.e., "Lowry blames Casey for everything", and Sterner questioning whether or not the franchise should "allow Lowry to hold them hostage." Pretty much direct quotes.

Not much to read between the lines there, and then you also have Lowry talking about how he's been given "the keys to the franchise" on numerous occasions. All public record. Sounds like a culture built upon appeasement of Lowry as opposed to mutual respect of each other's abilities.

Comment

• I do have a no knucklehead policy...I would be afraid of Barnes on this team...however...there is a backup 3 spot we may need some insurance in and Bruno isn't getting that job any time soon
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'd waive VanVleet to get it done if I decided to do it...if I was making those decisions

Comment

I'd be inclined to agree had the Raptors not survived such a spectacularly horrible choking exhibit from Kyle through most of the last post season. Without guys like Corey stepping up they'd have been goners early.

Corey isn't spectacular but I think this board is underrating the reality of the regular season and the post season being different beasts and that guys who produce in the playoffs are harder to find. Most of the Raptors playoff history over the last ten years involved 82 game heroes not being able to translate their game to the playoffs.
                          Kyle was only shooting badly though. He was still playing well otherwise and we would have likely flamed out in the 1st round without him. Other guys stepped up but he really wasn't that bad. Cory had a solid run, especially in that 1st round...but you completely take out Kyle and Cory has no chance of handling the load we'd need him to handle.

And i thought most of the Raptors playoff history had to do with flawed rosters and mediocre/bad coaching not being able to perform up to a higher level.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            *rolls eyes* @ half this board trying to justify missing out on a massive opportunity like Cousins. Total joke lol some of you guys will stop at nothing to put on Masai on a pedestal but I'll leave that alone. It's too late anyways, we now pretty much have no chance to become true contenders unless by some miracle we got PG which is incredibly unlikely and the asking price will be much higher.

Moving along....according to David Aldridge we're after Wilson Chandler (@ the 6min mark)

Yess ppl are defending Masai rightfully so,
                            But at the same time you really cannot blame masai for this one because kinga front office is just thar batshit crazy!!

Comment

Get him. The Raptors could use him, he plays with toughness and has good veteran experience.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Get him. The Raptors could use him, he plays with toughness and has good veteran experience.
                                Meh. Feel like the Raps will look for other options, but may add him as a fallback option (assuming no one picks him up first).

Comment

Working...
                                X