Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I don't think Markieff Morris is really the difference maker. It's Bradley Beal. He's become efficient, skyrocketing from 103 ORTG to 116 ORTG, while increasing his USG to 26.6%. That's elite offense and extremely impressive. It's a far bigger jump than DeMar made in year 5, and I stand proven wrong on Beal.

However, the biggest change might be Scott Brooks coaching. He knows how to develop a guard-wing run offenses and it took some time to install. The knock on Randy Wittman was his lack of creativity on offense, so Brooks looks like he's unlocked that potential, like Casey did, by turning the Wiz into a more offensive minded team led by their guards.

So, no. I'm still not regretting anything about not getting Markieff Morris. His numbers have upticked barely, but nothing special.
    Obviously team improvement is not dependent on a single player unless that guy is a franchise player.

Morris has the second highest on-court net rating on the Wiz at +5.5, and a total +9.5 on/off net rating. He has the 14th-best DRPM among PFs out of 94 listed.

But the point wasn't to say that we should regret not getting Morris specifically.

The point is that people don't want to make any move unless it's an absolute clear win for us. But why would another team want to undertake such a move?

Sometimes beneficial moves require a willingness to stomach some risk. Targets may not be franchise players, but we don't even have the assets to compete with Boston should a franchise player even become available. At some point we have to take a well-considered risk to try and improve the squad.

All our first rounders like Bruno, Delon, Poeltl, and Pascal mean very little unless we can convert them into meaningful production on the court, either through their play or as value in trade.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Obviously team improvement is not dependent on a single player unless that guy is a franchise player.

Morris has the second highest on-court net rating on the Wiz at +5.5, and a total +9.5 on/off net rating. He has the 14th-best DRPM among PFs out of 94 listed.

But the point wasn't to say that we should regret not getting Morris specifically.

The point is that people don't want to make any move unless it's an absolute clear win for us. But why would another team want to undertake such a move?

Sometimes beneficial moves require a willingness to stomach some risk. Targets may not be franchise players, but we don't even have the assets to compete with Boston should a franchise player even become available. At some point we have to take a well-considered risk to try and improve the squad.

All our first rounders like Bruno, Delon, Poeltl, and Pascal mean very little unless we can convert them into meaningful production on the court, either through their play or as value in trade.
      Ok, I hear you. But you started by quoting the Wiz winning streak as evidence the Morris 'gamble' was paying off. I was questioning cause & effect there, because most of his stats grade out to average or below. My point was more that I see Morris as a replacement player, so I guess it speaks more to Masai's inability to even get a middling player to fill the PF spot. Who knows, the Wiz might have gotten more winning impact by picking up Ersan Ilyasova, who is playing great in Philly.

There were tons of people on here all over doing the Morris trade, which many felt was a buy-low opportunity and probably was - which is what I think you're probably more alluding to, i.e., jumping on those buy-low deals. Only Masai knows the real.

So I don't think you can generalize that posters on here are risk averse to making trades. There are/were lots of posters floating Nerlens Noel trade ideas when he was injured (myself included), which was possibly a buy-low moment. And posters were wanting to trade JV for Biyombo (yes, that actually happened). Basically every PF who is even vaguely rumored as being on the market (Ibaka, Milsap) or having some friction with their team (LMA) has gone into the NBA Trade Machine on here with a strong promote. Not sure who those risk averse posters are, but I don't think anybody would (or should) knowingly want to do a trade with the idea that you're likely to lose that trade. I'm okay with buy-low deals like Morris, though.

Comment

• Personally I think the guy that Masai should have gone after was T Jones. He would been a lot better than Sully (even if Sully wasn't injured). NOLA got him for about $1M.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ht6njst

would Denver do this?

Comment

• Probably not.

Comment

• Would Magic and Philly do this

Raptors get - Ibaka, Covington, Philly second 2018

Magic get - Carroll, Ilyasova, Clips pick

Sixers get - Cojo, Green, Magic 2nd 2016, Raptors 2018 lottery protected first

New Line Up

Lowry-Delon
              DeRozan-Powell
              Covington-Tross
              Ibaka-Patterson/Sully
              Jonas-Bebe/Sully

Then maybe ship a combination of Ross, JV, Sully, Pascal for a defensive Center

Ex. Whiteside, Chandler
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• All this talk about trades meanwhile Masai is sitting on his ass playing pokemon.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  All this talk about trades meanwhile Masai is sitting on his ass playing pokemon.
                  I think you mean Pokemon Go, which actually requires you to get off your ass a lot. Even so, Masai uses a Blackberry Passport which I don't even think Pokemon Go is available on. And most deals are actually done on the phone or by text/email, so he'd be sitting on his ass most of the time doing hard work.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    I think you mean Pokemon Go, which actually requires you to get off your ass a lot. Even so, Masai uses a Blackberry Passport which I don't even think Pokemon Go is available on. And most deals are actually done on the phone or by text/email, so he'd be sitting on his ass most of the time doing hard work.
                    Yeah it is hard work just to sit through watching a game of ours.

Comment

• I think we should go all in for Ibaka right now. Also Calderon is rumoured to be in the trade market so maybe we could get him for really cheap as a veteran behind Lowry and Wright if we trade Joseph. *Edit* We could trade Joseph for Calderon straight up and it would free money this summer while giving the keys to Wright as Lowry primary backup.

Then this summer we should go and get a new starting SF.

Second edit*** Look at this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gpqd3hj

Lakers get Vucevic, Joseph, VanVleet
                      Magic get Carroll, Williams, Patterson
                      Raptors get Green, Ibaka, Calderon

Salary, contracts and talent wise I think every team is winning that trade
                      Last edited by charlesnba23; Thu Feb 2, 2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        I think we should go all in for Ibaka right now. Also Calderon is rumoured to be in the trade market so maybe we could get him for really cheap as a veteran behind Lowry and Wright if we trade Joseph. *Edit* We could trade Joseph for Calderon straight up and it would free money this summer while giving the keys to Wright as Lowry primary backup.

Then this summer we should go and get a new starting SF.

Second edit*** Look at this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gpqd3hj

Lakers get Vucevic, Joseph, VanVleet
                        Magic get Carroll, Williams, Patterson
                        Raptors get Green, Ibaka, Calderon

Salary, contracts and talent wise I think every team is winning that trade
                        Who's getting jose Calderon? The bottom 10 defense raptors? At this point of his career he's got the lateral quickness of Abe Simpson
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Who's getting jose Calderon? The bottom 10 defense raptors? At this point of his career he's got the lateral quickness of Abe Simpson
                          He would most likely be used as the 3rd PG. Can still shoot and distribute the ball while not giving it up.

That Abe Simpson line was funny though

Comment

• Apparently Wilson Chandler is seeking a trade from the Nuggets.

Comment

• Good news: if Miles Plumlee at 4yr/$52mm can be dumped, anyone can be dumped.

I just want Carroll to shoot hot from three for a couple weeks, that could get someone to bite.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Good news: if Miles Plumlee at 4yr/$52mm can be dumped, anyone can be dumped.

I just want Carroll to shoot hot from three for a couple weeks, that could get someone to bite.
                                He will. He's a decent 3 point shooter just streaky. Problem is he hasn't shown us that he's good anything else
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X