No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Googled the whole Vivek comparing Buddy to Steph to see what analysts thought of it. I got nothing as of yet but obviously it's a stretch right now given that Buddy is still adjusting to the pros.

That said, a few things did pop up. First, image search was headlined by this image:

Then, apparently SB Nation covered the topic last spring:
    1) Hield is college's most efficient three-point leader since Steph Curry

Hield's 127 makes from three-point range led college basketball during the regular season. He's also one of the most efficient shooters in country from behind the arc.

This chart shows three-point makes vs. three-point percentage for college basketball's regular season leader in threes since Curry moved on to the NBA. There have been players who have hit more threes than Hield did this season, but never someone who led the country in threes while still being so efficient.

To put it in perspective, Curry hit 162 threes at a 43.9 percent clip during his sophomore season of 2008 if you factor in Davidson's NCAA Tournament run. Hield is up to 136 threes at a 46.3 percent clip if you count Oklahoma's tournament wins over CSU Bakersfield and VCU.
    http://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp...caa-tournament

Keep in mind Buddy was a senior.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      In conjunction with that, the Lowe post podcast was really good. You tend to think Cousins' outbursts were a series of incidents... Not so. Arnovitz and Lowe said managing Cousins was a daily battle.

Haven't listened to the newest one but apparently Cousins really bullied Stauskas a lot.

I was surprised by their language too. To say he poisoned the environment is really harsh.
      Yep, that's a really good podcast. I remember the part when Lowe said he thought it was worth trading for Boogie a year ago, but then he went to dinner with ex-members of the Kings organisation who spent the whole telling stories about how troublesome and disruptive Boogie was so Lowe switched and said he wouldn't trade for Cousins.

I'm sure we'll be hearing a whole lot more stories about Boogie and the Kings relationship now that he's gone.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        Yep, that's a really good podcast. I remember the part when Lowe said he thought it was worth trading for Boogie a year ago, but then he went to dinner with ex-members of the Kings organisation who spent the whole telling stories about how troublesome and disruptive Boogie was so Lowe switched and said he wouldn't trade for Cousins.

I'm sure we'll be hearing a whole lot more stories about Boogie and the Kings relationship now that he's gone.
        To be accurate, he said that he crossed the Rubicon that nght, but now he's back in the Rubicon because Cousins has been so good. He also said if he was GM of the Kings he would keep Cousins despite the headaches because he's just that talented.

But yeah, Cousins is obviously a powderkeg. I do feel like Lowry is the kind of leader who would have been able to rein him in, though.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          He's also played only 12 minutes this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He has 37 mins this yr, 266 career mins. I think his backers have watched him produce in NCAA, gleague and lvsl. Their calling for him to play in the last 25 and make an offseason decision, not trade cojo by Thursday unless there's a deal that upgrades beyond the experience gap of Delon vs cojo.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            while I like the move... There are reasons not to do it. Loyalty is huge. It is part of our culture. We ruin our culture by doing that.
            What!? By trading for a far superior player. I mean it will never happen,but if you can trade Demar for either Butler or George you do it. In a heartbeat. Or the culture you are trying to preserve is one of a losing mentality. Did you see the Pacers series last year?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              So I Googled the whole Vivek comparing Buddy to Steph to see what analysts thought of it. I got nothing as of yet but obviously it's a stretch right now given that Buddy is still adjusting to the pros.

That said, a few things did pop up. First, image search was headlined by this image:

This really means nothing until you see how a guy adapts to the pro game. If it did, Christian laettner would be an all time great and ennis and stauskas would be studs
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                To be accurate, he said that he crossed the Rubicon that nght, but now he's back in the Rubicon because Cousins has been so good. He also said if he was GM of the Kings he would keep Cousins despite the headaches because he's just that talented.

But yeah, Cousins is obviously a powderkeg. I do feel like Lowry is the kind of leader who would have been able to rein him in, though.
                I think you would need Lowry, plus a strong-willed coach, so Casey wouldn't cut it. People talk about how Sheed changed when he went to Detroit. That was under hard-ass, old-school Larry Brown who also had no issue holding Iverson accountable in that gangsta player's era. Easy solution: Just make Lowry the coach already.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  This really means nothing until you see how a guy adapts to the pro game.
                  No doubt and all those people in here laughing at Buddy are greatly jumping the gun on one of the hardest workers in basketball. Buddy is no joke. Give me a hard working, smart baller any day over a 19 year old who can jump really high and nothing more.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Mon Feb 20, 2017, 07:48 PM. Reason: .

Comment

So I Googled the whole Vivek comparing Buddy to Steph to see what analysts thought of it. I got nothing as of yet but obviously it's a stretch right now given that Buddy is still adjusting to the pros.

You could also compare Jimmer Fredette's last season in college with these two as well and you'd also have the "next Steph Curry"...

he now plays in Asia.

The biggest take away from that graphic I have is that holding on to a players college stats or their draft day comparisons is silly once you have data at your disposal for that next level. Hield could still turn into a good pro but if the reports about Vivek being enamoured with him because of the Steph comparison from college are true... I think he's making a major mistake.
                    Last edited by Fully; Mon Feb 20, 2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I think you would need Lowry, plus a strong-willed coach, so Casey wouldn't cut it. People talk about how Sheed changed when he went to Detroit. That was under hard-ass, old-school Larry Brown who also had no issue holding Iverson accountable in that gangsta player's era. Easy solution: Just make Lowry the coach already.
                      There are different kinds of headcases and I don't really think 'Sheed and Cousins are cut from the same cloth at all.

Getting multiple coaches fired and a whole series of teammates jettisoned is as bad as it gets. 'Sheed had a short fuse and some off court issues, but he was a really smart basketball player on the court and never had the same kind of negative impact on his own team that Cousins has had.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I read this fact on JA Adande's twitter:

In a 2 year span, the Kings drafted Cousins, Whiteside and Isaiah Thomas and now they have none of them.

Crazy stuff.

Comment

No doubt and all those people in here laughing at Buddy are greatly jumping the gun on one of the hardest workers in basketball. Buddy is no joke. Give me a hard working, smart baller any day over a 19 year old who can jump really high and nothing more.
                          Why you gotta be dissing rookie DeMar DeRozan like that?

Comment

• Simmons thinks many teams had no chance on Cousins (including Toronto) bc Kings def wanted a lottery pick, and as we've heard various times many teams with assets not even interested:

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-d...c01#.yd9syi16u
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Melo to Boston?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Melo to Boston?
                                source?

Comment

Working...
                                X