No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They were saddled with a losing situation to begin with. Not to let them off the hook or anything.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Lol, couldn't disagree more. Cousins is the type of player you take a flyer on if you're in need of a spark. He's not a no brainer once in a lifetime where do we sign up superstar like Lebron or Durant or his teammate Anthony Davis. Maybe you've missed Sacramentos teams in the 6 seasons he's been there. Spoiler alert: they've been horrible. And I don't want to hear about bad front office management, real deal "acquire first ask questions later" superstars are able to elevate a team to more than 33 wins in 6 years, and over 30 wins just once.
      His teams have sucked. Who has he had with him? Rudy Gay, Rondo, Mclemore, lawson who hasnt been good since all his arrests. His teams have literally been shit every year which is discouraging enough in itself for a player who does as much as DC. Add on top of that that management has just been horrible in making trades, drafting and went through like 3 coaches in one year, one of whom was doing really well and the players liked, all the while you're the subject of constant trade rumours. All the while he was putting up amazing numbers. What else do you want from a guy? I dont care about his tantrums he's had, i cant really blame him, it must be stressful being DeMarcus Cousins.

Put him on a good team and I think he's MVP material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• We're paying Corey how much? 7 mil a year? Thats nothing! Do you guys realize how little that is in todays NBA? For a backup PG who plays 20 minutes a game, he's not really not living up to his contract. Hes not playing great right now but damn we dont need to trade him just yet.
        Guess everyone was too busy watching Delon the other night and forgot Cojo hit those two clutch three's in the fourth.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Putting all the blame on Ranadive is off base.

From last night:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/demarcu...072616450.html

Ranadive is definitely responsible for hiring a bad GM and listening to him, but that's different than suggesting he was the mastermind of this clusterfuck.
          I dont care one way or the other, but the possibility that they did indeed have a better offer a couple of days earlier could've been what pushed that "united front" to convince Vivek to finally step aside and let a trade happen.

Anyway, the mess just keeps getting bigger/hotter in Sacto.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            We're paying Corey how much? 7 mil a year? Thats nothing! Do you guys realize how little that is in todays NBA? For a backup PG who plays 20 minutes a game, he's not really not living up to his contract. Hes not playing great right now but damn we dont need to trade him just yet.
            Guess everyone was too busy watching Delon the other night and forgot Cojo hit those two clutch three's in the fourth.

There's no rush on Delon. Also, they'll need assets this summer to recover if Ibaka walks.

Comment

His teams have sucked. Who has he had with him? Rudy Gay, Rondo, Mclemore, lawson who hasnt been good since all his arrests. His teams have literally been shit every year which is discouraging enough in itself for a player who does as much as DC. Add on top of that that management has just been horrible in making trades, drafting and went through like 3 coaches in one year, one of whom was doing really well and the players liked, all the while you're the subject of constant trade rumours. All the while he was putting up amazing numbers. What else do you want from a guy? I dont care about his tantrums he's had, i cant really blame him, it must be stressful being DeMarcus Cousins.

I don't think it has to be either or, necessarily. Sacramento can be guilty of running a terrible franchise for most of the past decade and DMC can at the same time be guilty of playing a role in undermining their success as well. Rarely are these things so simply black or white as we try to make them.

I used to lean more towards the side of Cousins being an amazing talent stuck in a terrible situation but I think the way this has all played out has been pretty illuminating. From the seemingly lack of decent offers for him, to the reaction of relief for some people in and around the Kings organization after he was traded, to just how little winning they did during his tenure there... it does seem like he may have reached the breaking point where he wasn't worth the headache any more. And that's not to say that New Orleans is making a mistake; it's a slam dunk for them given the risk and reward. I just have a feeling that Cousins was way more involved in their ineptitude than I had originally thought.

EDIT: Let me reiterate that the Kings are still a massive clown show as well.
              Last edited by Fully; Mon Feb 20, 2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

You should read the piece by Kevin Arnovitz about the Kings which came out a month or so ago if you haven't, it's really good. It basically goes into whether it's Boogie's fault or Kings management for the failure and, as with most things in life, it's almost definitely a combination of the both.

Comment

We're paying Corey how much? 7 mil a year? Thats nothing! Do you guys realize how little that is in todays NBA? For a backup PG who plays 20 minutes a game, he's not really not living up to his contract. Hes not playing great right now but damn we dont need to trade him just yet.

It was also Cory, not Lowry or Delon, tasked with guarding Kemba during that three-pg lineup. His D hasn't been as good as last year, but I'd say he's still better on a quick guard than Lowry or Delon.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                    I don't think it has to be either or, necessarily. Sacramento can be guilty of running a terrible franchise for most of the past decade and DMC can at the same time be guilty of playing a role in undermining their success as well. Rarely are these things so simply black or white as we try to make them.

I used to lean more towards the side of Cousins being an amazing talent stuck in a terrible situation but I think the way this has all played out has been pretty illuminating. From the seemingly lack of decent offers for him, to the reaction of relief for some people in and around the Kings organization after he was traded, to just how little winning they did during his tenure there... it does seem like he may have reached the breaking point where he wasn't worth the headache any more. And that's not to say that New Orleans is making a mistake; it's a slam dunk for them given the risk and reward. I just have a feeling that Cousins was way more involved in their ineptitude than I had originally thought.

EDIT: Let me reiterate that the Kings are still a massive clown show as well.
                    No you're right but I put it more on the organization.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      You should read the piece by Kevin Arnovitz about the Kings which came out a month or so ago if you haven't, it's really good. It basically goes into whether it's Boogie's fault or Kings management for the failure and, as with most things in life, it's almost definitely a combination of the both.
                      In conjunction with that, the Lowe post podcast was really good. You tend to think Cousins' outbursts were a series of incidents... Not so. Arnovitz and Lowe said managing Cousins was a daily battle.

Haven't listened to the newest one but apparently Cousins really bullied Stauskas a lot.

I was surprised by their language too. To say he poisoned the environment is really harsh.

Comment

$7.6m next yr. It's not that Cory is not worth that money; it's just a numbers game to keep bigger contracts. Delon has more guaranteed yrs for much less money

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          In conjunction with that, the Lowe post podcast was really good. You tend to think Cousins' outbursts were a series of incidents... Not so. Arnovitz and Lowe said managing Cousins was a daily battle.

Haven't listened to the newest one but apparently Cousins really bullied Stauskas a lot.

I was surprised by their language too. To say he poisoned the environment is really harsh.
                          Fuck that, nobody puts Sauce in the corner!

Comment

No you're right but I put it more on the organization.

No doubt. I didn't mean for my post to come off as some type of defence for the Kings - they are the perfect storm of organizational incompetence. Meddling owner with an overwhelmed and inexperienced GM... and a long series of poor trades and draft picks that has submarined their talent level. But that doesn't mean Cousins can't be complicit in all this as well.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              $7.6m next yr. It's not that Cory is not worth that money; it's just a numbers game to keep bigger contracts. Delon has more guaranteed yrs for much less money
                              He's also played only 12 minutes this season.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                                I guess I've switched sides somewhat in that over the last couple of years I've thought it was on the Kings almost entirely but I've changed my mind over the course of the last 12 months. The fact that apparently there was such a weak market for him leads me to believe that Cousins is more of an issue than we know from the outside. All these teams are cutthroat. If you see a weak horse you pounce. I mean you look at all the teams he could theoretically push up a level and that none of them were ever rumoured serious suitors tells you everything you need to know about Cousins.

Comment

Working...
                                X