Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Yes but I for one don't want to watch hack-a-Drummond every game. It'll get boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But they'll play "ride or die" with DD and Kyle at the end of games. They need to "empty the clip" every game in the playoffs. Drummond won't touch the ball anyway.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      But they'll play "ride or die" with DD and Kyle at the end of games. They need to "empty the clip" every game in the playoffs. Drummond won't touch the ball anyway.
      Hopefully they can reload before the playoffs start because the clip seems pretty empty right now.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        If I were MLSE, I would be none too pleased with paying tax to have a lack of depth at the 5.

If you're going to utilize cheap depth, the place to do it is where you have two all star guards eating up 35-40 MPG at two positions.
        We do have that (assuming we trade Cory for low cost return). 3 players at $3.5m + the return salary from Cory trade.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Not sure if I like the idea of any of these guys starting at the 5 next year. Unless Poeltl makes huge strides this offseason.
          Me neither, but reality is we need to cut costs. Does it make sense to tie up 20 million in the center position when our offensive center doesn't get used? Poeltl could probably score 10 pts a game on the same usage by next year, and I suspect we'll see ibaka already squeeze a ton of the center minutes from jv and the backups already this year
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ibaka/sully-type (healthy and mle$) poeltl/bebe (trade, if possible)

It would definitely be best/easiest if they can keep JV (and use him fully), afford to resign Pat and trade Carroll for something useful - without adding sweetner.

I think the $ will force a decision on JV vs Pat vs the asset needed to move Demarre. The answer to me is what the market return is for JV vs Demarre+asset at the draft/before FA.

Of course, I'm assuming Kyle and Ibaka sign at manageable $.

See how they play. Friday will be awesome!

Comment

Pretty sure Stan loves Stanley Johnson. So no to that one, maybe we could get Morris from them tho?

I know that was true at first but I thought things had soured?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                If I were MLSE, I would be none too pleased with paying tax to have a lack of depth at the 5.

If you're going to utilize cheap depth, the place to do it is where you have two all star guards eating up 35-40 MPG at two positions.
                If Jonas is moved it's probably to avoid paying tax in the first place.

If we're under the tax line, I doubt MLSE cares how Masai allocates salary as long as we keep filling seats.

Comment

• highly doubt the veracity of this leak. Probably just the pistons trying to keep the embers glowing on a Drummond trade in general.

Comment

Hopefully they can reload before the playoffs start because the clip seems pretty empty right now.

Casey is ordering another shipment for round one. DD is currently watching John J. Rambo film to see if there's anyway to speed up his release.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      If Jonas is moved it's probably to avoid paying tax in the first place.

If we're under the tax line, I doubt MLSE cares how Masai allocates salary as long as we keep filling seats.
                      I don't think theres a realistic way to avoid paying tax at all and bring back serge and kyle

Comment

• This article was mentioned yesterday, very very good article and very very long. Goes into depth on cousins as a person, Vivek as a person, Divac, kings front office. Worth the read.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...s-real-problem

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          This article was mentioned yesterday, very very good article and very very long. Goes into depth on cousins as a person, Vivek as a person, Divac, kings front office. Worth the read.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...s-real-problem
                          Goes into depth about how difficult cousins is to be around and work with, doesn't sound like a good guy, then this. The guy is the definition of a human conundrum!

And then there exists one more possibility -- that none of us knows the real DeMarcus Cousins at all. And if there's evidence for that notion, it resides in the testimonials from those in the Kings' locker room and front office about the constant but quiet nature of Cousins' charity. One Kings exec notes that the PR department has tried on more than one occasion to get Cousins to be more vocal about his good deeds in the community. Case in point: In fall 2015, Cousins tried to keep quiet the news that he covered the funeral expenses for a slain local high schooler -- but word of the donation was leaked by a city councilman who felt Cousins should be recognized.

"That act was not done in any braggadocious way and wasn't done with any press release," says Derrell Roberts, who runs Roberts Family Development Center, where he says Cousins is "quietly" supportive. "You can tell the difference between the person whose PR person sends you a press note or suggests how you might want to orchestrate the event. That's not DeMarcus."

Or consider the awkward moment at the conclusion of the news conference when Cousins signed his contract extension in 2013. The event had appeared to be wrapping up. Ranadive and D'Alessandro, on either side of Cousins at the dais, had risen from their seats. But just then a Kings public relations rep approached and whispered something to Cousins. Ranadive sat back down. And Cousins, now more than 13 minutes into the news conference, sheepishly announced that he was donating $1 million over the course of the contract to family and community organizations in Sacramento -- something he'd intentionally omitted in his initial statement.

When told, years later, that it's standard operating procedure for agencies and teams to send out press releases and take a bow when they perform charitable acts, Cousins responds, "It just shows you how fake this f---ing league is. Everything is about, 'How can I make myself look good?' This isn't a pure-hearted league, and there aren't a lot of pure-hearted guys. I wasn't raised that way. My mom would kick my ass if I helped someone across the street and said [handing over his phone], 'Here, record this.'"

Comment

• I don't want Drummond. We need a wing player, not a Center. JV is a fine Center & if he was in offense that worked to his strengths, he'd be a 25 & 12 guy no problem.

We need a SF. A guy that can backup/take over Carroll's minutes. Cory is the easiest chip to move unless we trade Wright.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Jazz and Suns are talking Favors.
                              http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4966136...rest-in-lakers

I'm guessing Bender or Chriss would be out. Chriss has showed more promise so far.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Jazz and Suns are talking Favors.
                                http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4966136...rest-in-lakers

I'm guessing Bender or Chriss would be out. Chriss has showed more promise so far.
                                Makes sense the Jazz would get rid of Favors, he's been terrible this year due to injuries and doesn't really fit with Gobert. Plus they've got Lyles who looks like he'll be a decent stretch 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X