No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers just made the biggest move of the season, moving Magic to the President of basketball operations. I wonder how that effects the market?

About Boogie, his charity work is well known. How he behaves with USA Basketball was well known. How overprotective of his family he is, is well known.

Some of his issues are likely frustration from dealing with that joke of a front office. Also, the Sac media never liked him, and have done their best to paint a false narrative. But a lot of it is true. He doesn't always act like a professional. That said, does anyone believe that this was the best offer they could have got?

Hield can't even score in the paint, how he going to be a poor man's Steph Curry? That organization is a bunch of clowns.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      highly doubt the veracity of this leak. Probably just the pistons trying to keep the embers glowing on a Drummond trade in general.
      the quote says that the raps are "skeptical" of JV. that could be the opinion of the author but it doesnt necessarily have anything to do with detroit or drummond. who knows what the FO actually thinks but i think it is fair to say that Casey is skeptical of JV. who knows what the FO thinks of Casey tho?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Lakers just made the biggest move of the season, moving Magic to the President of basketball operations. I wonder how that effects the market?

About Boogie, his charity work is well known. How he behaves with USA Basketball was well known. How overprotective of his family he is, is well known.

Some of his issues are likely frustration from dealing with that joke of a front office. Also, the Sac media never liked him, and have done their best to paint a false narrative. But a lot of it is true. He doesn't always act like a professional. That said, does anyone believe that this was the best offer they could have got?

Hield can't even score in the paint, how he going to be a poor man's Steph Curry? That organization is a bunch of clowns.
        Even in the safety of my own home, I was a little terrified watching him spit out his mouth guard at the blazers bench. It was kinda funny and entertaining but ultimately terrifying. I dont want to see him black-out in anger and hurt someone. Im not a doctor but imo hes not well. He kinda reminds me of Lenny from Of Mice and Men - he means well but eventually hes gonna kill your rabbits. Sauce Castillo was a rabbit.

Comment

• Its a shame. I would have wanted to see how he would have done in our system. I'm sure Kyle and Demar would have been amazing with him. Oh well.

Comment

• Haha wow, I'm hearing the Kings turned down a package of JV + 1st rd for Cousins because they want to completely tank and didn't want immediate impact players

Imagine a lineup of

Lowry
            DD
            Carroll
            Ibaka
            Cousins

ZERO FLAWS

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18734507 (7:00 mark)
            Last edited by tDotted; Tue Feb 21, 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Haha wow, I'm hearing the Kings turned down a package of JV + 1st rd for Cousins because they want to completely tank and didn't want immediate impact players

Imagine a lineup of

Lowry
              DD
              Carroll
              Ibaka
              Cousins

ZERO FLAWS
              Was the link posted earlier for this?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                Was the link posted earlier for this?
                My bad

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18734507

7:05 mark. Zach Lowe says they were concerned about keeping their pick from Chicago

Comment

• So looks like Masai was shopping JV a lot this year.

I really think he is going to be traded this off-season especially if we re-sign Lowry and Ibaka.

Comment

• Nuggets want a lottery protected first and a pick swap for Gallo or Chandler

So essentially a ~20th overall pick.....

Get it fucking done MU

Comment

Haha wow, I'm hearing the Kings turned down a package of JV + 1st rd for Cousins because they want to completely tank and didn't want immediate impact players

Imagine a lineup of

Lowry
                      DD
                      Carroll
                      Ibaka
                      Cousins

ZERO FLAWS

Dunno the source but yes they definitely wanted a 2017 lottery pick and the definitely wanted to be worse atm to get a higher pick themselves (however that ends up working out with the Philly swap is another story).

Toronto a) didn't have a lotto pick to offer, and b) would have featured players who would get in the way of tanking as much as possible for the 2017 draft, aka they would have helped the Kings win games.

I'm pretty sceptical the Raptors had a real chance at Cousins even if they wanted one. We don't even know that Masai had any interest.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Dunno the source but yes they definitely wanted a 2017 lottery pick and the definitely wanted to be worse atm to get a higher pick themselves (however that ends up working out with the Philly swap is another story).

Toronto a) didn't have a lotto pick to offer, and b) would have featured players who would get in the way of tanking as much as possible for the 2017 draft, aka they would have helped the Kings win games.

I'm pretty sceptical the Raptors had a real chance at Cousins even if they wanted one. We don't even know that Masai had any interest.
                        Mark Stein just reported the Raptors offered JV and a 1st round pick, and he's a very reliable source.

Comment

Imagine a lineup of

Lowry
                          DD
                          Carroll
                          Ibaka
                          Cousins

ZERO FLAWS

Tanking. You need to know what you're doing AND be lucky for that to work. The Kings are neither.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

You can do charity work and still have a terrible temper. That is not a false narrative. Cousins has had run-ins with multiple teammates, coaches, a trainer, an announcer, reporters, and has been T'd up and suspended more than any other player in recent memory. There have been LOTS of stars with bad front offices. That doesn't give you an excuse to rage out whenever you feel like it.

I 100% understand wanting to dump a guy like that.

What I don't understand is mismanaging the auction process to the point where your return is potentially a mediocre starter and a non-lottery pick. It's gross incompetence. It's like trading a Ferrari that blows its gaskets for a Honda Civic.

Which is also why I said it still makes sense to acquire him. If you're the one giving the Civic it's worth risking a few breakdowns. Especially since we've got a small fleet of Civics we put together for just this occasion. *Looks like we offered Jonas and a first, so at least Masai was in there. Great to hear.

But nothing to be done now. That kind of opportunity only comes around once every few years, we'll just have to hope Ibaka and other pieces can put us over the top.
                            Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Feb 21, 2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Price of admission for Brook Lopez? A first rounder. Looks like the Cousins deal has skewed the market price of centers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStein...98263556923393

Comment

• Magic just fired Buss and Kupchak.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X