Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
    Lmao Colangelo fucked the 76ers. The pick is top 18 protected and if not conveyed it becomes 2 2nds (2017 & 2018). This guy just traded Noel for 2 2nd round picks and Justin Anderson...
    There wasn't much of a market for Nerlens Noel. They've been trying to trade him all season and because of his known anger towards the Sixers every other team was willing to lowball.

That having been said, Bryan Colangelo is still a lousy general manager and this is a good example of why. Hinkie would have found a way to make that lottery pick turn into a series of gradually less-protected first round picks (say, 1-14 in 2018, 1-10 2019, unprotected 2020). Colangelo just surrendered.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Hear Pelton talking about an idea for raptors regarding PJ Tucker.

To Toronto:
      PJ Tucker
      PHX best 2nd round pick

To PHX:
      Jared
      1st round pick

I think it's great. PHX pick will be early in the second round and Masai has shown he can find talent that late. I'd do that all day.
      That 2nd is #32 right now. Not bad. Guys around 25 this yr are comparable to 32.

Comment

• Wow I totally take back what I said....#FIREBC continues.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/834819401719296000

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          Toronto doesn't leak, and Tucker isn't going to defend Lebron any better than Carroll or 2 Pat. I call shenanigans on this.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Toronto players or Lowry?
            FWIW, that Twitter feed is from an Arizona sports talk radio host - with all the Raptors players back in Toronto, it's likely that it's a bogus rumour that will allow him to talk more about Suns' possible deals on his show (note that his bio says afternoon host, so his show likely starts after the trade deadline passes - if the Suns stand pat at the deadline, gives him something to talk about)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Noel got traded basically for two second rounders (the first is so protected that it won't happen). Not a bad trade for Dallas. They needed a center. Also feels like you can cross off Dallas as a team that would want JV.
              The Sixers are going to experience the Colangelo nose dive very soon.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                FWIW, that Twitter feed is from an Arizona sports talk radio host - with all the Raptors players back in Toronto, it's likely that it's a bogus rumour that will allow him to talk more about Suns' possible deals on his show (note that his bio says afternoon host, so his show likely starts after the trade deadline passes - if the Suns stand pat at the deadline, gives him something to talk about)
                lol just trying to build a market for PJ Tucker...no one is buying what PHX or DEN are selling.

I don't know what the heck either team is thinking.

Comment

• Let's see if we can get Okafor for Bruno + 2nd rd + Sully lol

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                    Lmao Colangelo fucked the 76ers. The pick is top 18 protected and if not conveyed it becomes 2 2nds (2017 & 2018). This guy just traded Noel for 2 2nd round picks and Justin Anderson...
                    Yikes. Justin Anderson has big upside but he's just as likely to end up like Joey Graham as he is to end up as a legit starter. So this trade is a head scratcher... If they were going to dump anyone for shit why not Okafor? I mean they already tanked his value.

Comment

• Colangelo's twitter blowing up with PHI Brotherly hate lol

Alvin Lee @alvinisaiah

(Rant) If I had a gun with two bullets and was stuck in a room with Saddam, Osama and Bryan Colangelo, I'd shoot Bryan twice. (/rant)
                      lmao

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Let's see if we can get Okafor for Bruno + 2nd rd + Sully lol
                        Maybe they can land Okafor in exchange for GM tutoring provided by Ujiri?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          There wasn't much of a market for Nerlens Noel. They've been trying to trade him all season and because of his known anger towards the Sixers every other team was willing to lowball.

That having been said, Bryan Colangelo is still a lousy general manager and this is a good example of why. Hinkie would have found a way to make that lottery pick turn into a series of gradually less-protected first round picks (say, 1-14 in 2018, 1-10 2019, unprotected 2020). Colangelo just surrendered.
                          Yeah but how many draft picks do the Sixers actually want? At some point they need vets and experienced young players. This was a play for Anderson. He has a controllable contract, etc. His PER is okay... I guess. The real problem is that no one wanted Okafor. BC would have gladly gambled on Noel if he could have moved Okafor. When they eventually move him, which they'll have to do, they're not getting a protected first, or 2 second rounders. They'll be lucky to get a protected second in that deal.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            That 2nd is #32 right now. Not bad. Guys around 25 this yr are comparable to 32.
                            When you put it like that, that they're just trading back 7-11 spots in the draft then it's not quite as shocking. But still, depends on who else is bidding for Tucker.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              Colangelo's twitter blowing up with PHI Brotherly hate lol

lmao
                              Wow, that sounds like Toronto circa 2012.

Comment

• If I'm Cuban, I don't hang up that phone until BC trades me Embiid for Dirk + conditional 2038 2nd rdr

Comment

Working...
                                X