Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    I brought up jv? I'm not in a rush, you seem rushed to dump Carroll.
    I'm open to move him but what's the deal?
    lol, really dude?

lewro wrote: View Post
    you're not gonna like it but jv might be the one that gets move to redistribute that money.

Comment

• Just read back through the thread. Not sure I brought up jv? Tbh, I'm more thinking about pat.
      I definitely suspect rebounding is a concern. Sully was a bust but I do think it's possible to get an exception like him and yak will grow into his body. He already has a great nose for O boards and a good sense of positioning. He's soft tho imo.
      Honestly, I'm really fluid atm and not targeting anyone. I want to see them play. The ibaka thing just happened. I need to see games first. That said, I'd like to hear ideas. If we can make a positive move with DMC then I'd listen. Same goes for jv.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        lol, really dude?
        Oh fair. I'm not targeting him tho. I'm open to keep him. I want to see the games first. I want to see ibaka play.

Comment

I'm talking about the offseason too.

Generally I would agree, we shouldn't "dump" anyone mid-season. and yeah, if Poeltl develops nicely then he might be a starter-level big. Or, he might not be. I don't know yet. But I do know that JV is, despite the concerns expressed ad nauseum on this board and the fact that we're playing the absolute worst style to take advantage of him.
          I can't see the offseason yet bc ibaka hasn't played. He and jv might be awesome. Considering the $15m to pat/jv/DMC, I'm most concerned about pat but they have to play first and then weigh a decision against the market imo.

Comment

problem with cory, and all the guards, this year is not about taking chances. they just straight up aren't trying out there. You'd think that knowing Biyombo is gone they'd be smart enough to realize they need to prevent penetration slightly better than last year, but they clearly don't.
            "Slightly better" what if they aren't capable of that. It's not as easy as it sounds. This is the golden age for guards.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              "Slightly better" what if they aren't capable of that. It's not as easy as it sounds. This is the golden age for guards.

I think that KHD's criticism is not exactly fair. You do need to remember that after signing Demar we didn't have a lot of cash to play with. Realistically we were looking at the mid level exception. Yes Jared was a waste of a roster spot. That said we thought we were getting a rebounder who could pass and spot up at an mediocre rate. Unfortunately it didn't workout.

Resigning Bismack made no sense because we didn't have his bird rights to be able to sign him long term. (It's to bad we didn't give him a two year deal with a player option at the end of this year). If we were to have tried to resign biyombo we would of had to trade 2pat most likely for NOTHING just to try to get cap relief. That isn't the type of deal you want to make. Additionally, would you rather have a healthy 2pat or Biyombo?

Biyombo helped our rim protection, but on offence it literally turned into a 4 on 5 for most possessions. I would much rather have Ibaka. Things turned out better.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                I think that KHD's criticism is not exactly fair. You do need to remember that after signing Demar we didn't have a lot of cash to play with. Realistically we were looking at the mid level exception. Yes Jared was a waste of a roster spot. That said we thought we were getting a rebounder who could pass and spot up at an mediocre rate. Unfortunately it didn't workout.

Resigning Bismack made no sense because we didn't have his bird rights to be able to sign him long term. (It's to bad we didn't give him a two year deal with a player option at the end of this year). If we were to have tried to resign biyombo we would of had to trade 2pat most likely for NOTHING just to try to get cap relief. That isn't the type of deal you want to make. Additionally, would you rather have a healthy 2pat or Biyombo?

Biyombo helped our rim protection, but on offence it literally turned into a 4 on 5 for most possessions. I would much rather have Ibaka. Things turned out better.
                I'm not saying we could of kept BB. I'm just saying that the reason why Cojo has struggled so much has to do with the departure of Biz. That's why I fell he will be better with Ibaka.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm not saying we could of kept BB. I'm just saying that the reason why Cojo has struggled so much has to do with the departure of Biz. That's why I fell he will be better with Ibaka.

Disagree. I think CoJo struggles because he's asked to create so much on offense and he is conserving energy on defense, just like Lowry. That just isn't his game. In hindsight, he should have been developing his 3-pt shot and PnR game feeding bigs, instead of regressing the way he has on both ends in Casey's systems.

Ultra tiny sample size, but it was interesting to watch that last game when we inserted Delon Wright in the 4th quarter. This was easily the best defensive quarter we've seen the Raps play in weeks, with a non rim-protecting rookie at C. The key was a concerted effort by the perimeter defenders (Lowry, CoJo, Wright) to contain the ball at the point of attack and Wright as the primary ball-handler committed to distributing the ball and keeping everybody involved.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Disagree. I think CoJo struggles because he's asked to create so much on offense and he is conserving energy on defense, just like Lowry. That just isn't his game. In hindsight, he should have been developing his 3-pt shot and PnR game feeding bigs, instead of regressing the way he has on both ends in Casey's systems.

Ultra tiny sample size, but it was interesting to watch that last game when we inserted Delon Wright in the 4th quarter. This was easily the best defensive quarter we've seen the Raps play in weeks, with a non rim-protecting rookie at C. The key was a concerted effort by the perimeter defenders (Lowry, CoJo, Wright) to contain the ball at the point of attack and Wright as the primary ball-handler committed to distributing the ball and keeping everybody involved.
                    Cojo was asked to do the same thing last year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

if our guards aren't capable of better defence than what they've been giving, then we need different guards.

Comment

if our guards aren't capable of better defence than what they've been giving, then we need different guards.
                        No, we need better rim protection. Which we got. IT is the worse guard when it comes to D. You see Boston trying to get new guards? You built around your star players. Cover up thier weakness'.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

No, we need better rim protection. Which we got. IT is the worse guard when it comes to D. You see Boston trying to get new guards? You built around your star players. Cover up thier weakness'.

They've also acquired noted perimeter defenders like Bradley, smart, Crowder and brown and have interest reportedly in Jimmy b.
                          Rim protection is the backbone but you still need the rib cage.
                          Aside from DD, we do have perimeter guys that have had success on D. Hopefully Ibaka can anchor that. Which I think was your Op re: Cory.

Comment

• I'm sure Bud would do Tabo for Cojo in a heart beat. Need some experience behind Shroeder.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm sure Bud would do Tabo for Cojo in a heart beat. Need some experience behind Shroeder.

It's a good trade for both teams as thabo is expiring and they won't be able to resign him. We might not be able to resign him either but getting rid of cojo is worth the rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'd rather use cojo to move up in the draft. It would be great to package him with our pick and get into that 15-18 range. Anunoby or bridges would fit nice and be cheap long term.

Comment

Working...
                                X